Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just want to give up on fantasy this year. Jones IR, Owen Daniels IR, Megatron is week to week. Ridley is a question mark even when healthy. I just have a fucking terrible roster this year.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I've been waiting for Moreno to get hurt. I'm shocked it hasn't happen yet.
Calvin Johnson is another game time.. I don't have a deep bench. Just Kendell Wright and Lenord Hankerson. I'm actually thinking about picking up Miles Austin and staring him next to Dez if CJ doesn't play..
Is Terrence Williams available? If so I would snag him over Austin.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm in the 'struggling to find WR depth after Julio injury' boat. Nate Washington, Austin Pettis, Harry Douglas. Pick two. I have Washington and Pettis on the team now. Is Harry's upside with Julio dead and White near dead worth dropping one of the other two?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's been a tough year. It's my first 14 man league so injuries are even more felt. Losing a guy like Julio for the year is a tough one. I think more so than normal bc RB production is down. My WRs and TEs have carried my team.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Would you rate Williams over Reuban Randle? I'm also on the Julio panic boat trying to salvage what I can.
This week I would go with Williams over Randle, the entire year, not that certain of. Though I think Williams is the better of the two and more likely to get more targets than Randle but it's too early in their careers to say one way or the other.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Fred Jackson (vs CIN) or Alfred Morris (vs DAL) for RB2? I keep thinking Jackson's production is going to drop off the table when the C.J. Spiller show takes off, but hasn't happened yet. Jackson currently #6 ranked RB in PPR...

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Fred Jackson (vs CIN) or Alfred Morris (vs DAL) for RB2? I keep thinking Jackson's production is going to drop off the table when the C.J. Spiller show takes off, but hasn't happened yet. Jackson currently #6 ranked RB in PPR...
Dallas is actually good against the run....or teams just stop rushing when they realize they can throw the ball for 400+ yards.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cincinnati is also very good against the run. Both aren't very good plays. Franklin in the GB game was the only RB who made their presence known against the Bengals. Even Forte was held to a pretty lousy day.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dallas is actually good against the run....or teams just stop rushing when they realize they can throw the ball for 400+ yards.
Keep in mind that Morris ran for 113 (1 TD) and 200 yards (3 TD) against Dallas last season.

The Redskins run game hasn't looked as strong this year, but it's possible this is the game they finally aren't down 3 scores in the first quarter and can actually run it some.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Keep in mind that Morris ran for 113 (1 TD) and 200 yards (3 TD) against Dallas last season.

The Redskins run game hasn't looked as strong this year, but it's possible this is the game they finally aren't down 3 scores in the first quarter and can actually run it some.
If Dallas O plays like they did against Denver they could be down 3 scores in the first Quarter, you know provided the defense doesn't fucking play like they did against Denver as well.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If Dallas O plays like they did against Denver they could be down 3 scores in the first Quarter, you know provided the defense doesn't fucking play like they did against Denver as well.
Doesn't change Morris getting the ball on the goal line. It's a tough call but Morris will get more touches than Jackson.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Both aren't very good plays.
Yeah, I agree, neither looks like a good matchup on paper. I know Morris did well last year vs DAL, but that is when RG3 was still a running threat. I think that helped open things up for Morris last year.

I guess I should have mentioned I have a third option, but that is Lacy vs BAL. So far BAL has allowed the fewest fantasy points to opposing RBs.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, out of the 3, I still like Morris.. If it was Jackson getting all the carries I'd lean towards him but after what Cin did to Tom Brady last week I don't see Bills having much of answer. Bills could be down early just like the Skins. I just expect the Skins to be a much more competitive game.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
im thinking about sitting andre Johnson and starting danny woodhead. Johnson has just been so under performing.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would go Cameron and Sproles. Cameron could end being a terrible play though. Old Man Weeden is back.