Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FYI I have Davis and Sproles..

I'm in a PPR tho. I would go David bc he has a great matchup. Cards give up the most points to TEs this year. Also it's home.

Second one is tough.. Williams will touch the ball more but Sproles can go off at any time. I'd lean towards Sproles.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bernard for sure. He's going to tear up the outside of the Bills defense.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
What's more likely against the Rams this week? Houston grounds them into submission or the passing game gets back on track and Schaub airs it out?
I'm leaning towards Tate for my flex spot this week, but Hopkins is another option. I just think it's more likely Tate gets 50 yards on 7-9 carries and possibly a TD, but they did cut his carries last week after his recent fumbling problem.

I could also go with Emmanuel Sanders, Robert Woods, or Bernard Pierce.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, I agree, neither looks like a good matchup on paper. I know Morris did well last year vs DAL, but that is when RG3 was still a running threat. I think that helped open things up for Morris last year.

I guess I should have mentioned I have a third option, but that is Lacy vs BAL. So far BAL has allowed the fewest fantasy points to opposing RBs.
/sigh Between Morris, Jackson, Lacy AND AP, Lacy ended up being the top scorer of them all.

Sometimes Fantasy Football is a cruel mistress.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who did you start? You went Fred Jackson didn't you!? lol.. How did he beat Morris? In my League Morris had 14 and Lacy had 13

Yea, Calvin Johnson and Dez Bryant got me a combined 9 points. Thankfully I had Vernon Davis..

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What did lacy have? Should of been close. Next couple weeks are going to be tough for me. I need guys like RGIII to step it up

Fadaar

That guy
I'm so glad I drafted Foles in the Keeper league. Assuming he keeps starting I might even have some trade bait with Freeman in a few weeks!

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
My fantasy football team core prior to the season start was.
Douglas martin, Roddy white, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez.
Now i cry every sunday.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, that's a tough year. Worst part is you know all those guys will rebound next year.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vernon Davis legit starter going forward? Two weeks in a row I've regretted starting a WR at flex over him believing that the position was greater than the player for fantasy point predicting. I did draft the guy expecting a sleeper stud so I reallyshouldbe starting him, but I bet he goes on a drought as soon as I do. Any Niners fans have an opinion on his place in the offense? Is he primed to lose touches soon with any of those injured WR's returning?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think you're over thinking this one.. Those WR's coming back can't change the chemistry he has with Kaperbro. He's a top 5 TE the rest of the year in my eyes. Who are you starting over him in your TE slot?

I disagree with Opiate on this one. Vernon has been really consistent overall. He was hurt so of course his production went down a little for a game. When he's healthy he's going to produce. This isn't the same offensive from years past. He'a a great TE working with a young QB. TE's typically produce well in that situation when the trust is there.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Here are all the fantasy points for VD since Kaep took over (keep in mind these are PPR stats). Not exactly the model of consistency. His numbers look very similar in the last 1.5 years of the Alex Smith era as well.

Now as a Niners fan I would love to be wrong, but I've seen it time and time again where teams game plan to completely take Davis out of the picture because they view him as the main offensive threat. As a TE only, his production is fine since outside of Graham and a healthy Gronk TE's by nature are very streaky. But as a flex play, I don't know if he is an every week starter.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bench him:)

You left out VD's playoff games last year. Obviously with a new, young QB there will be some inconsistency early on. I think VD is a must start TE at this point. Do you disagree?

This season
27.8 Healthy
5 got hurt
0 out a game
9.8 back but not 100%
20.8 Healthy
44 Healthy

That's to be expected from anyone with an injury. Look at Calvin Johnson.. Last week he was out.. This week pretty poor job.. Next week?

The question is who is he starting over VD?