Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
(Usually)If drafting a rookie, draft rookie rb's since they can have relevant fantasy seasons. Where as very few rookie WR's have any kind of meaningful fantasy seasons.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Agreed, I always try to take proven commodities and when it comes to rookies, I only take them as flyers and I stick to rookie RB's. Lacy is starting to pay great dividends for me.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rookie RB's seem to be the safer choice.. I'll always try and take a rookie WR with my last pick tho If I know he'll start. I also try and grab WR's going into their 3rd year. That tends to be a big one for a lot of breakout WR stars.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
WR is one of the toughest positions to learn at an NFL level, especially in complicated offensive schemes. Even seasoned veterans can have trouble adjusting to new systems (See: Ochocinco on the Pats).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Good to note. I never really take a chance on rookies. This is the first one I've ever drafted. Waste of a 6th round pick. Drafted him as a WR3 and my WR2 and WR4 are out for the season now. Sitting at 6-2 right now so hopefully I can coast to a division win.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Fred Jackson (facing a C.J. Spiller return and the possibility of Jeff Tule starting at QB), Alfred Morris (facing KC D) or Steve Smith for my flex spot this week? (PPR)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno.. Morris will prob get you around 12-15. I might even go Steve Smith in hopes he puts together a solid game. Seems like all 3 will fall somewhere in the 10-15 pt range. I like Steve Smith the most this week

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuck Tavon Austin. I thought he was going to be a badass.
Was an article that he has had like 3 tds and 350 yards brought back on penalties from the Rams. 80 yard td bomb vs Carolina was 1 of those =/

Not to mention he has Brian Schottenheimer as his fucking OC.

Look what that dude has done to QBs.

He ends Penningtons career in NY. He goes the next season to take a 1 win Miami team to the playoffs.

Favre leads the league in ints in NY, goes to Minnesota and is like 31-7 and almost the SB the next year.

He groomed Sanchez. No more to say really. He is the OC version of old people missionary fucking. Braford is completely doomed under this dude.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Fred Jackson (facing a C.J. Spiller return and the possibility of Jeff Tule starting at QB), Alfred Morris (facing KC D) or Steve Smith for my flex spot this week? (PPR)
hmmm... am I crazy for actually wanting to start Zac Stacy in my flex this week?

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was an article that he has had like 3 tds and 350 yards brought back on penalties from the Rams. 80 yard td bomb vs Carolina was 1 of those =/

Not to mention he has Brian Schottenheimer as his fucking OC.

Look what that dude has done to QBs.

He ends Penningtons career in NY. He goes the next season to take a 1 win Miami team to the playoffs.

Favre leads the league in ints in NY, goes to Minnesota and is like 31-7 and almost the SB the next year.

He groomed Sanchez. No more to say really. He is the OC version of old people missionary fucking. Braford is completely doomed under this dude.
Truth. None of the Rams WRs are startable in fantasy even with Bradford. Stacy is the only thing breathing in that offense.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno.. Morris will prob get you around 12-15. I might even go Steve Smith in hopes he puts together a solid game. Seems like all 3 will fall somewhere in the 10-15 pt range. I like Steve Smith the most this week
This guy is an asshole! Start Morris!!

opiate82

Bronze Squire
This guy is an asshole! Start Morris!!
I started Stacy on a gut call. Worked out pretty well
smile.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fucking Arian foster, why the fuck would they activate him. Fantasy football pisses me off way too much.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking Darrel Young vulture piece of shit. 5 carries for 12 yards....and 3 touchdowns that should have been Morris'. 5 fucking carries to get the same points as Morris with 25 carries and 121 yards running his ass off all day. What the fuck is with the Redskins using Morris as a workhorse for 95 yards of the field an then as a decoy at the end? If it's not that cockchugger Helu it's this new jizzgurgler Young. Fuck you, Mike Shanahan.