Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
But it's not like before when he was using them all over the place, Morris is the guy! I THOUGHT I WAS SAFE FROM SHANNY'S RB FUCKERY THIS TIME!

I should have known better....

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, you should have :p

Seriously though, it's not like Morris had a bad day, 1/125 with a TD is still pretty good. Every RB gets vultured. Think I like watching AP act as a decoy so Ponder can run one in?

(I am also a Morris owner btw)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Triple vultured! For the second time this season!! Though really the Helu triple vulture was only a true double vulture, one of them he broke a nice 10-20yarder if I recall=P

I got stuck playing Alex Smith in my weird(but fun) double QB league because Peyton's bye. Fuckin' 4 points. Would have been a cakewalk if Morris got the 30+ he earned. I should still be OK, need 26 points out of Eddie Lacy and Jarret Boykin combined. They've done that the last two weeks.

Played Marvin Jones over TY Hilton this week, just decided to go with the hot hand. Felt OK about that until the last 16 fucking minutes...

Just venting. The people in my league get sick of hearing me bitch when I'm 6-2.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I should get a W this week but crazier shot has happened. All i need is for Rodgers to not put up 57 points, which knowing my luck lately he will put up 57.5.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I caused a large amount of rage from a friend in my ppr league. I had Hilton while he was starting Luck. Apparently it makes people mad when the receiver outscores the QB.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
The look on my wifes face (who never even watched football before marrying me) when Brandon Marshall got that last catch of the night which netted her just enough points to overtake my brother not only for the win, but for first place in their division is one of those awesome fantasy moments.

Also love the fact that my RB's are looking so good right now that I can leave a guy like Alfred Morris on the bench and be right about it.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Don't over value D/ST. Last year if you would have just picked up whichever D/ST that was playing the Jets you would have out scored the #1 ranked D/ST. It is a position that is very hard to predict because it is so TD dependant, it is pretty easy to find a D/ST on the waiver wire with a good match up each week and there isn't a whole lot of scoring differential between them.

*edit: Also the Chiefs have a bye and a couple of games against Denver coming up, not exactly enticing matchups.

Now as far as the TB RB, I would not expect that kind of production week in week out. That was a very flukey performance against what hasn't been a very good run defense the last couple of weeks. I would expect TB to fall behind at have to pass more often. Also, until SF gets healthy at WR VD will continue to be a key part of their passing game.

With that said, usually a starting RB for a TE is a good move. It would really depend on how the rest of your roster looks and your scoring rules, but my gut says no. I don't like unproven commodities and don't want to buy high on one games worth of data.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've got Julius Thomas as well and I'm wondering what VD is going to look like now that SFs main receivers are coming back, I'm just not sure how to value him as he is pretty unique.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Yeah, if you have Thomas I would be looking to move Davis. I usually don't carry two TEs and Thomas is past his bye. I would try to maybe get another piece instead of the Chiefs D/ST though. Carrying an extra D/ST is usually a waste of a roster spot and the Chiefs will be pretty much useless for the next month IMO.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've got Julius Thomas as well and I'm wondering what VD is going to look like now that SFs main receivers are coming back, I'm just not sure how to value him as he is pretty unique.
Do you have a flex? I've been running VD and JT all year as TE and FLex. Been workign great.. I'm also limited with a 14 man league in regards to players but those guys are really hard to sit. One seems to explode every other week. I would not worry too much about WR's coming back.. It takes time to get into football shape and VD has a ton of confidence from Kaperbro. I'm not saying he will light it up every week but unless you have a guy who touches the ball 15+ times as a RB or gets 6+ targets a game at WR I would have a hard time sitting VD.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been doing the same, usually playing 1 and flexing the other. I do have some other options that would be similar in output now though, at least I think so. I'll let it ride another week and see what happens.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
With all the RBBC and other RB fuckery, I'm starting to think fantasy football should draft a team's RBs (much like a team's defense).

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been doing the same, usually playing 1 and flexing the other. I do have some other options that would be similar in output now though, at least I think so. I'll let it ride another week and see what happens.
If that is the case those guys have probably won you more games than lost you. Who are your other options?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Just got Amendola off waivers (dropped Hartline to get him). Hope he doesn't manage to hurt himself over the bye week, lol. So I am starting to have a really good problem, I have to decide between Peterson, Lacy, Morris, Stacy and F. Jackson each week to fill 2 RB slots and possibly my flex spot as well. I think I might try to move Jackson but I may have waited 1 week to long on pulling that trigger, but we shall see.

I have A.J. Green and Eric Decker anchoring my WR corps so it isn't exactly like I'm hurting there either. My only concern at the moment is my TE, but I have Cameron who is still the #2 ranked TE atm, just concerned that Campbell isn't getting him the ball.

I don't know a.) which RB's to start this week and b.) if I should be making a move or standing pat atm. Current roster in spoilers:
rrr_img_48812.jpg

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
If that is the case those guys have probably won you more games than lost you. Who are your other options?
For flex it's usually between VD, LaVeon Bell and in the past week and this week MJD. My receivers are solid (Welker and I picked up Keenan Allen when Julio went down) and I've got Jamaal Charles and now
Zac Stacy for my backs.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got Amendola off waivers (dropped Hartline to get him). Hope he doesn't manage to hurt himself over the bye week, lol. So I am starting to have a really good problem, I have to decide between Peterson, Lacy, Morris, Stacy and F. Jackson each week to fill 2 RB slots and possibly my flex spot as well. I think I might try to move Jackson but I may have waited 1 week to long on pulling that trigger, but we shall see.

I have A.J. Green and Eric Decker anchoring my WR corps so it isn't exactly like I'm hurting there either. My only concern at the moment is my TE, but I have Cameron who is still the #2 ranked TE atm, just concerned that Campbell isn't getting him the ball.

I don't know a.) which RB's to start this week and b.) if I should be making a move or standing pat atm. Current roster in spoilers:
rrr_img_48812.jpg
well Lacy is probably going to get the most carries at this point. It's just hard to say how he will do w/o Rodgers. Can he run when D's are constantly putting 8 men in the box? I might even go Stacy at this point.

@Arch.. Stacy seems to really be running hard and in a groove. I'd prob bench VD for him at this point depending on matchup

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Who should I start this week, Romo or Wilson?

Romo has been pretty studly this year and he's going into the Superdome against a team that most have had to run against and have given up among the fewest points to QB's all year...so he's going to throw it 40+ times probably.

Wilson has been okay this year with a few off weeks but going into Atlanta he -SHOULD- do pretty okay.