Fantasy Football: 2015 Advice Thread

Crazily

N00b
Someone in my league is proposing a trade...to me.

Carson Palmer and Andre Ellington.....for.....Jeremy Maclin and Tyler Eifert.

I own Palmer and Elligton, I am very weak at TE (using san diego's TE for now) but I also have Ben Rothelsburger for QB...what you think?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Someone in my league is proposing a trade...to me.

Carson Palmer and Andre Ellington.....for.....Jeremy Maclin and Tyler Eifert.

I own Palmer and Elligton, I am very weak at TE (using san diego's TE for now) but I also have Ben Rothelsburger for QB...what you think?
You are trading bench depth for a potential starter? And that bench depth is a QB?

On the surface I'd say yes but depends on your RB situation outside of Ellington... Also who is his QB currently?

Crazily

N00b
You are trading bench depth for a potential starter? And that bench depth is a QB?

On the surface I'd say yes but depends on your RB situation outside of Ellington... Also who is his QB currently?
My team:
QB: Ben Rothelisberger
Carson Palmer

WR: A. Cooper
V. Jackson
James Jones (GB)
M. Wheaton
N. Agholor

RB: A. Peterson
L. Mcoy
A. Ellington
A. Foster
T. Mason

TE: L Green
K: J. Scobee
Def: Philly

His QB is Ryan Tannehill.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'd take the deal personally. You're gaining an avg of 10 ppg and giving him an improvement of 8 ppg. Ellington will be out a couple of weeks and might not get the starting job back or at the very least may be in a time-share after that. You'd probably want to find a healthy RB for bench depth anyways. Might try for a better throw in piece than Maclin, but if you are worried about possibly torpedoing the deal I'd still feel comfortable taking it as proposed.

Crazily

N00b
I'd take the deal personally. You're gaining an avg of 10 ppg and giving him an improvement of 8 ppg. Ellington will be out a couple of weeks and might not get the starting job back or at the very least may be in a time-share after that. You'd probably want to find a healthy RB for bench depth anyways. Might try for a better throw in piece than Maclin, but if you are worried about possibly torpedoing the deal I'd still feel comfortable taking it as proposed.
I agree but I am worried about Big Ben getting hurt...it's great to have 2 of the top performing QB's on the team......going to wrestle with this one.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I agree but I am worried about Big Ben getting hurt...it's great to have 2 of the top performing QB's on the team......going to wrestle with this one.
Don't worry. There will be a serviceable QB available on waivers if Big Ben goes down. And frankly the far more likely scenario is for Palmer to go down and you get nothing for him.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, make the trade. The Ben even has decent protection now and hasn't missed a game in 2 years.

Plus he has the hands down best WR in football and is making DHB and Markus Wheaton look like legit guys. And he's getting Bell and Bryant back, just get a streamer week 11.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Grimm who would you say is the hands up best WR in football?
A lot of them spend a lot of times with their hands up...

f0c33f8d18ce287cba4956b9acf0458a.jpg

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Is Matt Jones a one week wonder? Or might he be a decent waver wire pickup in case he takes a starting role later in the season?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Only three OLs but their circle is third largest. Is that due to their size?

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is Matt Jones a one week wonder? Or might he be a decent waver wire pickup in case he takes a starting role later in the season?
Difficult to say. I don't see Washington rushing the ball 40 times a week. Good for a bench stash but don't expect him to be a starter unless Morris goes down or the Skins tank the season and want to see what they have in Jones (Morris contract year).

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I bid 25 for him this week thinking I was overpaying but he ended up being won with a $65 bid. Lots of risk there but he does look to be really good.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I bid 25 for him this week thinking I was overpaying but he ended up being won with a $65 bid. Lots of risk there but he does look to be really good.
He's definitely a talent but Morris is no slouch. It's a tough call, if you're completely boned at RB I could see going after him.