Fantasy Football: 2015 Advice Thread

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
My 2nd, 4th, 5th round picks and defense have combined for -0.2 points today. I hate fantasy football.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My bench is about to outscore my starting lineup. Plus I'm going to lose to probably the worst player in the league who will be fucking obnoxious about it all next week.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Should have started Amari or Allen Robinson. Oh well. Fitz did work.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I have Romo and Witten.

My back up QB is Alex Smith and my back up TE is Austin Seferian-Jenkins.

You guys think I should swap them in next week?

This is who I have available on waivers and nothing really stands out to me.

6QvJXrH.jpg

I think I will pick up Andy Dalton for sure for Romo because I think he is done for the season or at least for all intents and purposes even if he comes back he will be garbage. Just not sure if I start Dalton or Smith.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dalton almost always does well against the Ravens. Most of AJ's best games are against them and the Steelers.

Sterling

El Presidente
In general carrying backups at QB and TE isn't worthwhile. Better to carry a RB/WR and just pick up whoever if you need one for a bye or injury.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
How the hell do you end up with both AP and AB? Is this an 8 team league? Even then it doesn't make any sense.

Fadaar

That guy
How the hell do you end up with both AP and AB? Is this an 8 team league? Even then it doesn't make any sense.
Don't know how many teams but 2 QB league so I'd imagine after the first round it was a fuckton of QB's taken.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't know how many teams but 2 QB league so I'd imagine after the first round it was a fuckton of QB's taken.
I'd imagine only 2 QBs going first round, Rodgers and Luck. Even still, there's so much value in the 6-12 range of QBs. To allow someone to get both AP and AB? Ridiculous. And it's not like he's lacking at QB anyway!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
8 teams and 6pts for passing TDs and 2 QBs play. So most of the time you go 2 QBs 1st 2 rounds. I picked 3rd and went Ben/AB/AP. Unorthodox for us but I kind of wanted to roll the dice.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
8 teams and 6pts for passing TDs and 2 QBs play. So most of the time you go 2 QBs 1st 2 rounds. I picked 3rd and went Ben/AB/AP. Unorthodox for us but I kind of wanted to roll the dice.
Ahh I see. 6 pt TDs changes things, but even still that's 16 QBs off the board. I definitely like your squad outside of Cameron.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ahh I see. 6 pt TDs changes things, but even still that's 16 QBs off the board. I definitely like your squad outside of Cameron.
I picked up Jordan Reed this week. I grabbed Cameron in the 8th and that was a coin flip with Zach Ertz basically. There was a TE run and after them a pretty big drop off on my personal list to the next TE's.

10 of the first 11 picks were QBs, but AP falling to me was actually odd. He was 1 or 2 on every traditional list out there, but he fell to the4thRB in our draft after Bell/Lacy/Charles. I think my brother taking him in the 1st round last year scared some folks off, because they are dumb.

Every team in this league is stacked, it's what makes it so fun. If you don't break 100 you had a pretty mediocre/bad week.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Is there ever a time when Luck isn't getting hit while throwing? What is so hard about getting him some fucking oline help, holy fuck. Glad I am up by 52 pts in a non-ppr league this week after trading Brady!

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unless you're completely fucked at RB I'd say no. Morris is still the feature back, I don't expect Washington to rush it 40 times a week.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
RB is where I have the worst depth by far. I have AP and then arguably my 2nd best is Devonta Freeman. I'm going to throw $20 at Jones as I think people are probably going to bid up Dion Lewis this week (who i'd have on my team had I taken everyone's advice last week).

I'm always so conservative with the wire. Doing the opposite of that this year.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trying to get the backup on Miami incase MIller goes down. Not much there in my league this year.