Fantasy Football: 2015 Advice Thread

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's definitely a risk. I still think there is a solid chance that Gates is just so good, regardless of age, that he will put up great numbers and Green will be back to #2 status.

So he'll probably post 3 points, which is on par with my fantasy teams this year.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
So I'm now tied because of that Hyde TD and I'll lose on bench points. I'm in two leagues this year and have the 2nd highest total points scored in both and the worst record in both. Pretty much done with fantasy this year.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do not fret Mario, you can always watch WVU footb.......nm

Basketball season is soon!

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I was at the game last night
frown.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I'm in two leagues this year and have the 2nd highest total points scored in both and the worst record in both. Pretty much done with fantasy this year.
I have a rule in my league where two wild-card playoff teams make it in based on points scored instead of record just to counter-act the bad schedule luck a bit. It's worked out pretty well.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
So is it time to accept Travis Benjamin as a legitimate fantasy starter? After 5 weeks he is ranked #10 overall in PPR based on average points-per-game. Outscoring the likes of Randall Cobb, Demaryius Thomas, and Odell Beckham Jr.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is it time to accept Travis Benjamin as a legitimate fantasy starter? After 5 weeks he is ranked #10 overall in PPR based on average points-per-game. Outscoring the likes of Randall Cobb, Demaryius Thomas, and Odell Beckham Jr.
Low-Mid end WR2, more mid. He's back to reality these last three weeks and putting up 7-8 points. The bounce back to mean that everyone expected happened, he was never going to score TDs on half his catches for very long. But the flipside is that his ridiculous first two weeks seems to have shown the Browns that they can trust him, he's getting targets like a borderline #1 these last two weeks.

So no, he is not a top 10 WR yet even though the numbers show it. Because they are wildly inflated for him from early on(he had more points in week 2 than in 3-4-5 combined). But there's no shame in having him as your WR2 or flex. He seems like he'll be somewhat consistent if they keep using him like this and he's obviously got that splash potential that can win you a week. Which is awesome in a WR2.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My two quarterbacks are Kaperbro and Flacco. Who do I start in this shit show since they are playing against each other next week?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Low-Mid end WR2, more mid. He's back to reality these last three weeks and putting up 7-8 points. The bounce back to mean that everyone expected happened, he was never going to score TDs on half his catches for very long. But the flipside is that his ridiculous first two weeks seems to have shown the Browns that they can trust him, he's getting targets like a borderline #1 these last two weeks.

So no, he is not a top 10 WR yet even though the numbers show it. Because they are wildly inflated for him from early on(he had more points in week 2 than in 3-4-5 combined). But there's no shame in having him as your WR2 or flex. He seems like he'll be somewhat consistent if they keep using him like this and he's obviously got that splash potential that can win you a week. Which is awesome in a WR2.
He's hauled in 6 recs each of the last two games. That is pretty good production for PPR even if he isn't breaking 100 or getting in the endzone lately.

Right now I've got Fitzgerald, Cobb, Allen starting in WR1/2 and Flex positions each week. I desperately need some help at RB so I'm thinking of moving one of those 3 in a package to hopefully land a good RB. I would love to use Benjamin in the trade but I don't think he has the name recognition/trust to pull in the haul I'm going to need.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
With Charles going down I'm left with Yeldon, Blount, Karlos Williams, Rawls, and Antonio Andrews.

Fuck.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Up by 29.5 going into MNF 132.5-103. Opponent had Rivers and Chargers defense. Went down 4.5 when Rivers threw his last touchdown, 137-132.5. FUCKTHISGAME. Gave up and turned off tv. Steelers score 7 quickly to drop Chargers defense 2 points, 135-132.5. Chargers kick field goal. Steelers score TD with zero on clock to drop Chargers another 2, 133-132.5. Rivers gets a point deducted for losing, (weird league rules),132-132.5. FEELS GOOD.

#hugs4grimm

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I lost in one of my leagues on Keenan Allen's -1 yard reception. Goddamn PPR.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ok so i'm pretty screwed with Charles going down... now my RBs are Chris Johnson, Johnathon Stewart, Bishop Sankey and I put in a waiver this week to pick up Rawls to replace Charles (at least until I figure out if Lynch is coming back or who else I might possibly pick up... waivers were looking thin this morning when I checked them)...

Soooooooo, do I play Sankey or Stewart with Johnson getting my other RB spot...?

Also REALLY need Alshon Jeffery to play this week since half my receivers are injured or on bye week...

Fadaar

That guy
Ok so i'm pretty screwed with Charles going down... now my RBs are Chris Johnson, Johnathon Stewart, Bishop Sankey and I put in a waiver this week to pick up Rawls to replace Charles (at least until I figure out if Lynch is coming back or who else I might possibly pick up... waivers were looking thin this morning when I checked them)...

Soooooooo, do I play Sankey or Stewart with Johnson getting my other RB spot...?

Also REALLY need Alshon Jeffery to play this week since half my receivers are injured or on bye week...
I also have Charles and Sankey, as well as Forsett and Tevin Coleman. Since I don't have Devonta Freeman in any leagues I'm in, I hope he breaks both legs this week during practice. I did just trade TY Hilton for Chris Johnson today so hopefully he keeps getting the majority share in Arizona. I'm so stacked at middle of the road production WR's (TY Hilton, Keenan Allen, Allen Hurns, Golden Tate, Rishard Matthews, Marvin Jones, Martavis Bryant) that losing one or two isn't going to hurt me any.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Knile and West are off waivers?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thats the dilemma Im in.

Is it going to be Davis or West? I could see either, and my waiver are bidding so cant fuck it up. Im thinking by volume he's gotten and similarity to Charles, West is the best bet, but who knows what the Walrus will do.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Knile and West are off waivers?
They're both open at the moment, i'm 5th on the waiver wire so it's possible one or both will get scooped before it falls to me but I dunno if I want to drop 2 different players to snag them both and then play the guessing game on who's gonna get the touches (assuming they don't just both fall out fantasy wise and take 4-8 pts each per week instead of 1 double digits guy).

Other than the obvious Charles drop, i'd have to drop either Barnidge or maybe Crabtree or Terrance Williams. I have Olsen at TE anyways, only played Barnidge because Olsen was on bye week but I kind of want to hold on to him in case he keeps blowing up for 15+ like last week.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Colts just resigned Bradshaw. He was a beast before he got hurt last year. If you have room and there are no RBs out there, he might be a good stash. If gore goes down he will be well worth the stash.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I picked up West in one of my leagues. I put down a decent waiver bid on him ($25). Hope it works out.

You think Bradshaw will get much work? Gore has been fine for Indy.