Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Damn I'm glad I started Blair Walsh @ K, highest scorer on my team at 25 points over my other K, Zuerlein. Of course I played Patriots D/ST over the Texans for some reason, but still won my semifinal matchup.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
obviously when I go on to lose this game later tonight I will be blaming Tony Romo

You really shouldn't win a playoff game when you start Kaeperbro on the road over Matt Ryan at home, but NE decided not to play defense last night

I also guess fumbling a snap doesn't count as a fumble

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I also guess fumbling a snap doesn't count as a fumble
Unless your league scores turnovers different than standard scoring, fumbles only count against a player if the other team recovers. The 49ers recovered all of Kaepernick's fumbled snaps.

Hitoyou_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_3917.jpg

Well if he didn't actually fumble the ball then Gore should have gotten credit for the TD and then this shit wouldn't have happened! Every year I lose to some dumb shit fluke...

rrr_img_3917.jpg

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I switched to Colin Kapernick last week from Big Ben at the last minute and it paid off.

Now I'm in my championship game. Same decision to make. Colin Kap vs. Seattle or Big Ben vs. Bengals?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I switched to Colin Kapernick last week from Big Ben at the last minute and it paid off.

Now I'm in my championship game. Same decision to make. Colin Kap vs. Seattle or Big Ben vs. Bengals?
Both have pretty terrible match-ups. I would take Ben simply because he is at home. Kap has to go into CLink (1st year starting QB playing in the loudest stadium in the NFL), last time the Niners and Seahawks played the Niners WR's could not beat the Hawks man coverage and the Niners pattern this year has been win-2-lose-1, win-2-lose-1. Niners could be in for a let-down game.

Fantasy wise I don't like either option.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK Fantasybros, here's my line up going in to the championship. Tell me if I'm crazy.

2c5G6.png

Obviously if Gronk plays he goes in, thank God that's a 1pm game. Biggest thing I'm waffling on is Dez, Trent Richardson, or David Wilson in the Flex. I've changed it about 15 times already.

On D/ST I'm banking on the Jets being the Jets. Most of the second half of the season I've just picked someone going against KC or NYJ, sometimes Philly. It's been working.

Eli Manning is a fantasy nightmare. I don't think I can play Weeden, but there's some FA's available. Henne, Foles, Fitzpatrick, Russel Wilson.

2c5G6.png

opiate82

Bronze Squire
The only thing I might change would be Myers for Pitta (Pretty sure Gronk is targeting a week 17 return). But I also understand why you wouldn't want to do that. I would keep Eli in there. NY always seems to blow up after getting blown out. Only QB I like out of the ones you listed is Wilson, but I don't like Wilson this week.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only thing I might change would be Myers for Pitta (Pretty sure Gronk is targeting a week 17 return). But I also understand why you wouldn't want to do that. I would keep Eli in there. NY always seems to blow up after getting blown out. Only QB I like out of the ones you listed is Wilson, but I don't like Wilson this week.
I'm kind of banking on last week with Pitta being a sign of things to come with the new OC. Myers has pretty much just fucked me since I grabbed him, this is my second go round this season with Pitta but I'm desperate.

I'm terrified Eli is just starting another run like Dal/Pit/Cin where he put up a combined 9 points. He looked awful against Atlanta. If Wilson wasn't playing SF I think I'd make the switch.

Having a little trouble deciding on Ridley or Richardson too actually. Richardson isn't putting up great numbers but he's been a rock-solid 15-20pts a week. He just seems to be slowed by the injury and only getting his points on punch ins, which I hate to rely on with him in Denver.

Guh, I'm overthinking. Classic Ruxin blunder.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
When it comes to over-thinking in the playoffs, I always stick with the theory that you stick with the guys who got you there. No sense in trying to get cute at this point.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
To counter that thought. I went with what got me there last week and I managed to make every wrong choice possible!

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I never said it was a fool-proof strategy.
tongue.png

Personally, I try to draft guys who are consistent scorers rather than home run hitters (so I try to get the guy who scores 20 points every week rather than the guy who might bust out for 30 but also might only get 10). So if I did my homework and my draft/pickups according to my strategy, then sticking with my horses should in theory work.

tongue.png

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I need to sit one in standard scoring ESPN: Steven Jackson, Dez Bryant, Vincent Jackson, Reggie Bush. The most accurate experts on the year say to sit Steven Jackson (vs top Run D in the league), but he's been pretty matchup agnostic and Bush has been a bust for me most of the year when I've used him. I also have David Wilson, but after last week it's hard to trust him.

I had RGIII in both my leagues for the semifinals last week. I pickup up and started Russell Wilson for both, and I still only won by 4 points in a league where I was going against Tom Brady/Adrian Peterson. Thanks for sliding feet first at the one yard line Tom!

scal_sl

shitlord
Sorry for all the pals who I recommended DX to. He shit the bed last week, as did every Charger. He went into the week with the prior 5 weeks being 19, 21, 7, 10, and 20. That's just the nature of the beast with WRs in Fantasy short of Calvin/Marshall.

Anyhow, managed to make the championship in 4/5 of my leagues this year despite starting DX in 2 of them (luckily one of these has 2 week playoff matches).

I weep for anyone going up against the Bears D this week.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I just can't decide if I should leave Roddy White in tonight. if they get a big lead again, they'll probably rest him for the rest of the game. It's either him or Leshoure...