Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Ok, in the championship game of my league. Need to decide between Knowshon Moreno or CJ Spiller at RB. Its a PPR league. I also have Sproles on the roster because of pass catching but think Moreno or Spiller still best bet for 2nd RB spot (got Adrian Peterson as other RB).

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Sorry for all the pals who I recommended DX to. He shit the bed last week, as did every Charger. He went into the week with the prior 5 weeks being 19, 21, 7, 10, and 20. That's just the nature of the beast with WRs in Fantasy short of Calvin/Marshall.

Anyhow, managed to make the championship in 4/5 of my leagues this year despite starting DX in 2 of them (luckily one of these has 2 week playoff matches).

I weep for anyone going up against the Bears D this week.
Hind-sight is 20/20 my friend. I may have posted in angst since playing him pretty much cost me a spot in the finals, but your advice was sound going into last weekend. Nature of the beast. Lord knows I've dished out my share of what turned out to be terrible advice over the course of the season.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here's one for you, I spent my last FAAB dollar picking up a kicker to replace Robbie Gould who went on IR. I then win and move on to the finals this week and the kicker that i picked up is Dan Carpenter who also gets injured and put on IR, now i get a fucking zero at kicker. FUUUUUU

scal_sl

shitlord
Ok, in the championship game of my league. Need to decide between Knowshon Moreno or CJ Spiller at RB. Its a PPR league. I also have Sproles on the roster because of pass catching but think Moreno or Spiller still best bet for 2nd RB spot (got Adrian Peterson as other RB).
I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

Spiller has the edge on talent, but will probably get 5 less touches. He's going against a stronger run defense and they are more likely to stack the box against him.

Moreno is playing against a softer defense, is going to get 5 more touches, and has a viable passing game keeping the defense honest.

IMO, both are likely to get you more than 10 points this week. I think Moreno is a safer play, but Spiller has the higher upside. When teams stack the box (like every team does against Spiller), you break HUGE runs when you do break through. If you watched AP the past few weeks, you know what I'm talking about.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I just can't decide if I should leave Roddy White in tonight. if they get a big lead again, they'll probably rest him for the rest of the game. It's either him or Leshoure...
I'd be hating myself so much right now if I had taken White out. Luckily I stuck with him and have a good start to winning my league.

Sterling

El Presidente
I'd be hating myself so much right now if I had taken White out. Luckily I stuck with him and have a good start to winning my league.
Same here, have him starting in 2 of my 3 leagues that I'm in the championship game of!

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm only in two leagues this year and have the #1 seed in both. Championship for my main league is this week. Assuming I win in the other one tomorrow, I'll be playing for that championship next week...but I despise Week 17 fantasy football.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
This may already be a championship for me. I needed Matt Ryan to have a huge game, but I also needed Gonzalez to have a shitty one. I knew this was a long shot but somehow, it has actually happened. I am looking very good now going into sunday.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Guy im playing had 2 guys playing tonight.... Matt Ryan and Megatron. Sigh. He already has 82 pts between the 2 of them. I had Julio Jones, who put up almost 20, but still gonna be a long road to catch him.

Sparko

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm in my leagues championship game tomorrow as well and I'm having a hard time deciding who to start, James Jones or Brandon Lloyd. Stats wise Lloyd seems like a no brainer BUT Aaron Rodgers is my QB and I love those double dips.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Ignore the desire for double dips (as sweet as they are) and go with the guy that will probably net you the most points. Of course there are no guarantees but I'll bet you already know this and is how you got to the finals in the first place.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks like I'll be down about 30 going in to the 4 o'clock games with my opponent all finished. Demaryius Thomas and Dennis Pitta to go, plus EITHER Eli Manning or Russell Wilson.....WHICH DO I FUCKING GO WITH!?

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Eli Manning is going to do terrible because my opponent is starting him.

Luck, Peterson, Foster, Wallace, and/or Wayne need to do something for me here in the 4th. Only reason I'm still predicted to win is because of White yesterday.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Matt Ryan scoring 29 points last night had me looking good. Now after the noon games every single player on my bench has double digit points and Matt Ryan is still the only double digit starter. Unbelievable.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm down 9. He has Brees still going in to OT.

I seriously considered benching Eli and waiting to see if Thomas/Pitta would get me there before deciding if I'd play Wilson(SNF) or not. Kind of wish I'd gone through with that plan.

Nothar

Molten Core Raider
Starting Moreno instead of Spiller or Sproles is gonna cost me my championship. Thats what i get for over thinking and picking him up off waivers this week instead of sticking with who i had. Sigh.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Well, it comes down to me needing Crabtree to score less than 16.5 points tonight. Thanks, Foster, for that -1.1 point performance.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thank you, Dez! I was not comfy until Eli got the TD at the end. Up by 4 and me and the brother(opponent) both still sure Eli could give it away. Fuuuuck...

DakBk.png

edit: My brother's team name, My Couch Pulls Out I Don't, is blatantly stolen from someone in the FoH fun league from last year. I told him the name and he loved it.