Fantasy Football Advice

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Had my first draft and even though I said I wasn't going to draft RBs in the early rounds, my first two picks were RBs. Just couldn't pass up having both AP and Charles. Probably have the best RB tandem in the league. Hopefully have those two and D-Williams will give me a big lead before Bell comes back. WR situation isn't great, but serviceable. Hopefully one of my handcuffs work out. No way Foster makes it past Week 4.

Round Pick Player Position
1. (7) Adrian Peterson RB
2. (18) Jamaal Charles RB
3. (31) Eric Decker WR
4. (42) Russell Wilson QB
5. (55) Kelvin Benjamin WR
6. (66) Travis Kelce TE
7. (79) Emmanuel Sanders WR
8. (90) DeAngelo Williams RB
9. (103) Jay Ajayi RB
10. (114) Steve Smith Sr. WR
11. (127) James Starks RB
12. (138) Will Fuller WR
13. (151) Kansas City DEF
14. (162) Spencer Ware RB
15. (175) Brandon McManus K

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I violated a major rule...I drafted a kicker in the 11th.

The days of kicker and defense in the last two rounds are over.

The scoring difference between the top K and D and Middle are bigger than they ever have been. Especially now that most leagues give more points for longer kicks.

I drafted My defense in the 2nd to last round, after a run on them. Then a flier in the 15th.

People laughed, but Ill take the best kicker over a bench talent that I can replace weekly on matchups.

12 Player league, PPR
1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 FLEX 1 K 1 Def start weekly

1 Todd Gurley RB
2 Brandon Marshall WR
3 Mike Evans WR
4 Donte Moncrief WR
5 John Brown WR
6 Coby Fleener TE
7 Tyrod Taylor QB
8 Theo Reddick RB
9 TJ Yeldon RB
10 Eric Ebron TE
11 Stephen Gostkowski K
12 Michael thomas WR
13 ELi Manning QB
14 Bills Defense
15 Charcandrick West RB

Ended up WR heavy but I can play 4 a week with the 2 flex. We shifted to 1 RB 2 Flex and 2 WR since its PPR and WR depth is better than RB depth. But Im happy. I was drunk as fuck around round 10 so im glad it didnt go too far off the rails.

Last edited by a moderator:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If I haven't followed football at all since last season ended, what is the best resource to get caught up before drafting this Saturday? (Snake draft, random start position 1hr before draft etc, 10 team league with ppr)

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pretty optimistic on Cousins. I don't have him (one league left to draft so might end up with him) but he is my next pick if Tygod is unavailable.

In other news: Virgil Green boys. Pick him up now while you can.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
He's trash and the entire Ravens RB situation is even more trash. Justin Forsett was the presumed starter for the past couple weeks and he didn't even go until the 10+ round because everyone knows the situation is shit there.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's trash and the entire Ravens RB situation is even more trash. Justin Forsett was the presumed starter for the past couple weeks and he didn't even go until the 10+ round because everyone knows the situation is shit there.

he's a late round pick that is now a starting RB with a ton of upside. Don't be dumb, go get him. I went into my big money league passing on questionable guys at RB in the early and mid rounds with late round picks like him in mind.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No issue picking up West, you need a slot or two of guys you can gamble on and there is potential there.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
week 1 and I already have a RB dilemma

I need to start 2- originally I was going Jennings and Rawls but there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding Rawls workload this week.. I can't tell if Seattle playing games or if he really will be limited. So I'm sticking with Jennings but need to decide on one more.

Hill
Foster
Yeldon
West

If Foster had an easier matchup, I probably would roll the dice with him but I'm leaning towards Yeldon unless I hear something more concrete on Rawls/

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hill was my original guy. Jet's D kind of scared me off but I do think he's going to have a big year. I wish they'd stop messing with his carries. He needs 20 a game for me!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hill was my original guy. Jet's D kind of scared me off but I do think he's going to have a big year. I wish they'd stop messing with his carries. He needs 20 a game for me!

I think Hill is overrated, but on paper he is definitely your best bet. Only other option I would consider is Foster. Again, on paper Foster should get stuffed by Seattle all night, but it would be just like him to come out and surprise everyone with a fantastic night. I picked up Foster in one of my leagues. I think he will be solid-- until the popsicle sticks and thin rubber bands he uses for a body fall to pieces again.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Hill is absolutely going to be the primary back for the Bengals this year - at least to start. If he starts this year like last year then Gio will probably take over eventually. But as of now I'm expecting Hill to get nearly 20 carries per game and all of the goal line touches.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn. Now you guys have me leaning towards Hill. I'll prob end up go going that route if the Rawls stuff doesn't clear up.

Last edited:

Hosix

All labs matter!
Hill is absolutely going to be the primary back for the Bengals this year - at least to start. If he starts this year like last year then Gio will probably take over eventually. But as of now I'm expecting Hill to get nearly 20 carries per game and all of the goal line touches.

Hill killed me last year...he did nothing to help me.