Fantasy Football Advice

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had him too, he fumbled a shit load and was in the dog house but he put up some decent numbers later in the year. He was a monster 2 years ago, most fantasy points I think in the last half of that year for all RBs or something. I have him on 2 teams this year, hoping he returns to that.

Well, he can still fumble in the playoffs. :)

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

moontayle

Golden Squire
Draft 4th in my annual 10-man league last night.

1. Ezekiel Elliott RB - DAL
2. Eddie Lacy RB - GB
3. Russell Wilson QB - SEA
4. Jordan Reed TE - WAS
5. Randall Cobb WR - GB
6. Michael Floyd WR - ARI
7. DeMarco Murray RB - TEN
8. Carolina Panthers DEF
9. Derek Carr QB - OAK
10. Dan Bailey K - DAL
11. Jimmy Graham TE - SEA
12. Kevin White WR - CHI
13. Theo Riddick RB - DET
14. LeGarrette Blount RB - NE
15. Markus Wheaton WR - PIT

That breaks my two year streak of drafting Rodgers first. Elliot's as safe a pick as one can manage given Dallas' offensive style. Hoping the Lacy hype is real and that Wilson continues with the workload from last year. Was surprised to get Murray so late, he's going to be better with a team that will use him properly. Been doing this league since 2008. Nothing really on the line except the ability to shit talk.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm still not sure about Lacy. everyone said he was in shape then pre season rolled around and he looked like a fat ass.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Lacy is fucking trash. I can't understand why people keep talking him up year after year. I have a working theory that all Alabama RBs are actually garbage.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lacy is fucking trash. I can't understand why people keep talking him up year after year. I have a working theory that all Alabama RBs are actually garbage.

Yeah, I'm not sure wth they are talking about with the "new, slim Lacy" shit. Maybe the "slightly less fat Lacy." Not trying to be a dick, but he didn't look like he lost much weight. The good runs he had in preseason all looked like they were due to huge holes thanks to GB's O Line.

That said, Richardson is the only Bama running back that really bombed. Lacy is overrated but he is still "decent" compared to the rest of the league. Ingram has put up some solid stuff. Henry remains to be seen but looks like he is going to be an absolute monster.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The scoring difference between the top K and D and Middle are bigger than they ever have been. Especially now that most leagues give more points for longer kicks.

This isn't the right way to look at this. Because people that aren't committing to a specific defense or K are playing match ups every week, or at least they should be. So what you really have to do is compare the one top K's performance to a season worth of kickers I pick up on a weekly basis. That differential is going to be miniscule.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Streaming kickers isnt going to give you the same production as Gostkowski, not even close

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This isn't the right way to look at this. Because people that aren't committing to a specific defense or K are playing match ups every week, or at least they should be. So what you really have to do is compare the one top K's performance to a season worth of kickers I pick up on a weekly basis. That differential is going to be miniscule.

Fair. And I agree on all the kickers but Gostkowski.

I agree playing matchups you could possibly score on pace with Gostkowski. But you are also limited in your choice to available kickers and are also playing the waiver order. His adjusted Value against Baseline is on par with most Most mid tier QBs and Rbs.

Basically what I am rolling the dice on is the Differential of Gostkowski and a 14th Round RB vs 11th round RB and Random kicker rotations. Its all about Value to me. nailing the top Kicker that plays all but one week, vs a rotation depth bench player who might never see the field or get injured.

Im going to chart this if I can. The Waiver order is going to be hard to work around. I could just pick an available Kicker each Tuesday and chart his performance against Gost. Alot of people on the net are rolling the dice on this as well. Will be interesting to follow.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even streaming kickers with decent matchups you're getting someone outside the top 10 at the position since the rest are on teams. In standard leagues Gostkowski fucking outscored Jordan Reed last year....and if your league has bonuses for longer kicks he gets even better.

And there is also the part where its rare that kickers get injured. Because of injuries he was within a few points of Lesean McCoy and Edelman last year, and ahead of guys like Jeremy Hill. So it's also a pretty safe bet also.

His weekly production in a league with bonuses for longer fgs last year (ESPN)

Last edited:

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I set all FGs to worth three points in my league because fuck kickers. They aren't even real football players.

I also set a one point safety to be worth 50 points.

Hosix

All labs matter!

There was a NFL coach who commented on this...it's like Bama running backs find piles of people to run directly into.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just realized my RB situation is in a world of hurt this week. PPR and I drafted WR heavy.

Jonathan Stewart @ Broncos eew or
Giovani Bernard @ NYJ eh or
Arian Foster @ Sea (no thanks)

Thinking about dropping DeVante Parker who I picked up late for I dunno what reason and grabbing Spencer Ware and just starting the fucker this week. Thoughts?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would probably start Spencer Ware over all of those.

• 1Solidarity

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Have a dilemma, Christine Michael is available and i have Matt Jones stashed on my bench. I keep seeing conflicting reports, that Michael is only playing cause Rawls isn't ready and others saying Michael has won the starting job.....for now. Drop Jones and grab Michael or stick with Jones? I don't need to play either of them.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
new report today said Rawls might play more depending on how he feels during the game. It's a bad situation and I think Seattle just trying to misdirect.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
new report today said Rawls might play more depending on how he feels during the game. It's a bad situation and I think Seattle just trying to misdirect.
That's what i was thinking, i was leaning towards keeping Jones unless Michaels actually got the starting job for more than this week.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think you're going to hear more on this as the game gets closer, I'm in a similar situation and I might just wait a few hours before the games start on Sunday.