Fantasy Football Advice

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd say Evans over Cooks honestly. That game is going to be a fucking shootout, and Brees has a lot more weapons this year. Could free up Cooks, or reduce targets, and he's a PPR machine, not much of a TD guy.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I need both to do well. I'm just lowering my expectations with Evans bc of Trufant. He's a legit corner that can cover just about anyone in the league and the rest of their D sucks so Winston will have other options. Hope I'm wrong:)

Reht

Molten Core Raider
He had 9 TDs last season, so he can be a TD guy. He was getting extra coverage early in the season when Colston was still playing because, let's be fair, Colston has lost a couple of steps. Once they started playing Willie Snead, his production picked up tremendously - 8 of TD were in the last 9 games of the season. Also, the Saints defense is much worse than the Bucs, so the Saints will be throwing a lot.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
He had 9 TDs last season, so he can be a TD guy. He was getting extra coverage early in the season when Colston was still playing because, let's be fair, Colston has lost a couple of steps. Once they started playing Willie Snead, his production picked up tremendously - 8 of TD were in the last 9 games of the season. Also, the Saints defense is much worse than the Bucs, so the Saints will be throwing a lot.
He's very boom or bust from what I remember, and most of his TDs are 40+ yarders. Which don't get me wrong is awesome statistically and provides big points in bunches, but I just remember getting a lot duds out of him. Not a big fan.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's very boom or bust from what I remember, and most of his TDs are 40+ yarders. Which don't get me wrong is awesome statistically and provides big points in bunches, but I just remember getting a lot duds out of him. Not a big fan.

Had Evans last year and had the same experience. Really regretted choosing him. He had a couple good games but by then I had moved on.

He is one of those guys with a super high ceiling (because he has talent, size, and can score a lot of TDs PLUS get a lot of yac) but he is also totally unreliable. He tends to fold up when he has a good cover guy attached to him-- and Trufant will almost certainly be attached to him.

I just don't really know shit about Cooks. He looks good on paper, but we all know that means little. I also agree Brees has plenty of other targets...

My full options for flex are: Evans, Cooks, Tajae Sharpe, Derek Henry, Michael Floyd, or Woodhead. Seems pretty clear I will have to choose between Evans or Cooks.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would agree, and I can see you going either way.

I had Evans his rookie year with OBJ. They won me the chip that year, basically by themselves at times.

He had a down year last year, hoping for a bounceback season.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Evans going in his 3rd year. That's typically the year a WR takes that next step. He has a QB and a good overall supporting cast. I think he will have a big year, I just don't like him over Cooks this year.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just don't like that Cooks gets essentially no red zone TDs. Even Beckham and Brown get them.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
week 1 and I already have a RB dilemma

I need to start 2- originally I was going Jennings and Rawls but there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding Rawls workload this week.. I can't tell if Seattle playing games or if he really will be limited. So I'm sticking with Jennings but need to decide on one more.

Hill
Foster
Yeldon
West

If Foster had an easier matchup, I probably would roll the dice with him but I'm leaning towards Yeldon unless I hear something more concrete on Rawls/

I'm still all over on this. Wish Hill wasn't playing the Jets D.

So Ivory is questionable, that gives Yeldon a boost..If Ivory is out, I think I have to go Yeldon?

Rawls is all over the place, I'm starting to think he's Boom or bust this week and nothing in between. Hawks been all over the place with his updates.

Foster got a bigger boost with Ajayi being a healthy scratch and being left in Miami. It's vrs seattle tho but he if he's the old Foster, that doesn't matter...

Damn! this is going to come down to a sunday decision

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is going to sound odd, but I am considering replacing VJax with Char West in my ppr league at Flex. With Charles likely totally out, I think Char will get a good amount of play,especially in passing downs. People are forgetting what he did last year, I think, and I aim to take advantage of that. Is that nuts?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not crazy but I think Vjax is going to get a lot of balls this weekend. Just think you're running to deep into the unknown with that.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not crazy but I think Vjax is going to get a lot of balls this weekend. Just think you're running to deep into the unknown with that.

Yeah for sure. It's a gamble. Char has a higher ceiling though. A few receptions, 50/60 yards, and 1 touchdown is very feasible if he is sharing the load with Ware ( which every indication says he is). Something like that would net 20+ points ppr.

Vjax isn't likely to get that high. Plus his floor is lower.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see it that he has a higher ceiling. Vjax is a #2 who will be on the field for a lot more snaps than west. the best corner they have will be on Evans so he will see more targets bc of that. IMO anyway. But roll the dice if you feel that strong about it.

Fadaar

That guy
Standard scoring for both, no PPR

#1: pick 2, possibly 3 if you think one is a better play than Spencer Ware for this week: Sammy Watkins @ BAL, Golden Tate @ IND, Michael Floyd vs NE, Jordan Matthews vs CLE. Currently have Watkins and Tate as WR with Ware in flex.

#2: Flex slot only. Currently have B Marshall vs CIN. Other options are Golden Tate @ IND or Michael Crabtree @ NO. Also got Travis Benjamin but he's my stash away man until Keenan Allen inevitably goes down. My RB's in this league are fubar for now, got Rawls and Charles both on the bench or this wouldn't be such a tough decision.

Also have Kirk Cousins vs PIT and Jameis Winston @ATL in a league. Leaning toward Cousins but Winston never seems to have a truly bad game.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
#1 I would keep Watkins and Tate in. But maybe I would replace Ware with Floyd. Not a fan of the Chiefs RB situation. I'm sick starting him on one league due to no other options (except for maybe Smith Sr...) and I hate it.

#2 Marshall no doubt.