Fantasy Football - Auction League 2014

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Draft grades

rrr_img_75528.jpg

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I didnt even know that happened, wtf, seriously?
Pushing trades in time for games happens all the time, you and Djay appear to be the only ones who would like to see it vetoed and thats obviously not enough.

Theres plenty of doubt on either side of that trade, Wombat has been around for some time, he should know what he is doing.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
We're the only people that have said anything on the forum so far. That's why there's a vote on the league site, though...which we'll never see the results of because the person who's getting the better end of the deal used his power to override that function. I'd let this go if I was the only one that felt that way, but the fact that there was any dissention at all should have meant that we had an official vote.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Is that a trade you would actually veto? Wombat explains himself up above. He's not getting taken advantage of. Snowballing a veto for anything short of collusion is lame. This trade was fine. Call it unfair if you want. Rally a veto and you're telling Wombat how to run his team.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I don't like the trade personally and i'm on the fence on how I would vote about it, but I'm not a fan of pushing through trades. If you want to have said players before your next game then trade earlier. There's a system in place for a reason.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'd veto that trade even after reading Wombat's reasoning. He's right that he didn't draft Foster, so he might not be that high on him, but the values are so lopsided in this situation, that I think it's a league balance issue and not a team management issue. A back-up running back and a receiver that can't stay healthy for a RB that was the a Top 2 pick as recently as last year. I understand him dropping this year because of those injury and other noted concerns, but he's still a featured back in a game where running backs are a prized commodity.

And what Tarrant said.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Alright, since draft ranking is all the rage these days and since this league often gets the least attention, here are my (possibly completely arbitrary) draft rankings for this league:

Starter Team Ranking (Based on the best starting team possible):
1 -- At Least We're Not Cleveland
2 -10.2% Rockem Sockem Robots
3 -10.3% Slaythe Slaythe
4 -11.2% Demaryius Targaryens
5 -13.2% Howling Possums
6 -13.4% Minnesota XTreme
7 -24.0% Murderous Marsupials
8 -24.3% Fast Money Fly Scores
9 -31.8% Gilg's ShadyCamGraham
10 -34.3% Team Injured Running Backs
11 -40.1% D Train
12 -44.1% Peanutbutter Enemas
Full Team Ranking (Includes Bench)
1 -- Demaryius Targaryens
2 -9.0% Rockem Sockem Robots
3 -15.7% Minnesota XTreme
4 -20.7% D Train
5 -27.8% Howling Possums
6 -30.6% Peanutbutter Enemas
7 -37.2% At Least We're Not Cleveland
8 -38.3% Slaythe Slaythe
9 -41.6% Gilg's ShadyCamGraham
10 -62.7% Fast Money Fly Scores
11 -71.1% Team Injured Running Backs
12 -95.5% Murderous Marsupials
Neither include defense nor kicker.
Percentages show how far you are from the number one team.
Also, take a moment to appreciate that these are my own metrics and I still managed to draft a mediocre team under them. Auction is hard.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
someone should veto ESPN thinking I drafted well while they're at it, I just wish I could get Flavio to like my team though

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
someone should veto ESPN thinking I drafted well while they're at it, I just wish I could get Flavio to like my team though
Hey, I did recognize its depth.
This is before the trade rape too, so that should get you up a few spots.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Never the bell of the ball(draft) but I'm always there at the end.

rrr_img_75600.png

Shoulda won the damn custom league too.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'd veto that trade even after reading Wombat's reasoning. He's right that he didn't draft Foster, so he might not be that high on him, but the values are so lopsided in this situation, that I think it's a league balance issue and not a team management issue. A back-up running back and a receiver that can't stay healthy for a RB that was the a Top 2 pick as recently as last year. I understand him dropping this year because of those injury and other noted concerns, but he's still a featured back in a game where running backs are a prized commodity.

And what Tarrant said.
The veto allows the league to curb cheating, it's not meant for you to stop someone else from improving their roster. Wombat is starting Jarrett Fucking Boykin. His team needed Percy and ham (is ham D Train?) took advantage of that and got a pretty good deal. Even if you want to scream trade rape, it's still defendable because of Wombat's roster situation. Just because one owner took advantage of another's situation doesn't mean you should punish him.

Anyway, I dont think there would have been enough backlash to veto it anyway. I just think it's kind of dumb to look at a trade only from the perspective of you thinking it's fair or not.

You two maybe have a point with pushing it through early though.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
The veto allows the league to stop lopsided trades. It's your interpretation that it should only be used to stop collusion.

(Edit: And it doesn't matter which one of is right on that point. The votes are there to determine the will/philosophies of the league.)

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The veto allows the league to stop lopsided trades. It's your interpretation that it should only be used to stop collusion.

(Edit: And it doesn't matter which one of is right on that point. The votes are there to determine the will/philosophies of the league.)
Yeah, but your opinion is wrong. Haha.