Fantasy Football - Auction League 2014

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
The veto allows the league to curb cheating, it's not meant for you to stop someone else from improving their roster. Wombat is starting Jarrett Fucking Boykin. His team needed Percy and ham (is ham D Train?) took advantage of that and got a pretty good deal. Even if you want to scream trade rape, it's still defendable because of Wombat's roster situation. Just because one owner took advantage of another's situation doesn't mean you should punish him.

Anyway, I dont think there would have been enough backlash to veto it anyway. I just think it's kind of dumb to look at a trade only from the perspective of you thinking it's fair or not.

You two maybe have a point with pushing it through early though.
picard_clapping.gif

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Time for some week 3 Power Rankings!
Dead in the water

#12 Murderous Marsupials (1-2)
Dead last with a total of 184 points in 3 games and a lone victory from a 47-44 game.
They are also the lowest rated in depth coming from the draft as we head into the bye weeks, its not looking like it will get any better.

#11 Peanutbutter Enemas (1-2)
Right next on the chart is the team that lost that 47-44 game, not only to the other team but also to his bench that ended up with 54 points.
Ranked last on the best starting team draft rankings this team will not make the playoffs but might end up costing some other team the playoffs.

Down but not out

#10 Slaythe Slaythe (1-2)
Failing to reach 80 points in any of the 3 games played so far, this team is limited to hoping for an opponent having a bad day.
Rank #3 on the best starting team draft rankings suggests that some players have been underperforming.
If Matt Forte, Toby Gerhart and Doug Martin start running this team might do some damage.

#9 The Formerly Suspended (1-2)
This teams single victory is owed to an outstanding defense score and Megatron being Megatron, now... Megatron is Megatron often, but if you need your defense to score 20+ points to win a game, you are not going to win a whole lot of games.
Ranked #10 on the best starting team draft and lower on the depth rankings, with the bye weeks coming in this team is not trailing very far from this spot.
Plus, I like to read Elurin complain about my rankings.

#8 Demaryius Targaryens (1-2)
Sure, this team is 1-2 and has only managed 233 points total, but its been a mix of bad decisions, some bogus performances from key players and having the second most points scored against.
Ranked #4 and #1 on the draft rankings this team will have a better record the next time I do these rankings.

#7 Rockem Sockem Robots (1-2)
33$ lost from drafting ray rice and some points left on the bench every game are hurting this team.
Ranked #2 on both draft rankings but the top spots are very close to each other, removing rice would almost surely make this team drop to #6 or #7 and well... here we are.

#6 Howling Possums (2-1)
I guess the lesson here is don't pay 33$ for a RB for he might end up beating a woman/child and screw your fantasy season.
Ranked #5 on both draft rankings, without AP this team will struggle to stay in the fight for the playoff spots.

#5 D Train (1-2)
Top 5 with an under .500 record, why? Depth.
Bye weeks are about to start and this team, while lacking on fantasy studs, has depth and will steal wins from teams without their studs.
With that said, injuries are looming. One brief look at this teams page shows a lot of questions marks.

Contenders

#4 Fast Money Fly Scores (2-1)
No doubt, the best managed team in this league.
It is, however, a 4 man band and thus not looking so good heading in the start of the bye weeks.

#3 Minnesota XTreme (2-1)
Ranked #3 in points scored so far and #3 on the draft depth rankings this team is looking good going into the bye weeks.
Would not be surprised to see it higher on the rankings next time.
I predict #1 in the division, barring some epidemic of injuries/suspensions.

#2 At Least We're Not Cleveland (3-0)
The only undefeated team left, alas, not good enough for #1.
With a 3-0 record this team has been putting up average points but has only gotten 174 points scored against.
Ranked #1 on best starting team draft rankings but falling to #7 in the depth rankings, heading into the bye weeks this team is not looking as good as its record.

#1 Gilg's ShadyCamGraham (2-1)
Time and time again Gilg comes out ahead in leagues with auction drafts, revealing that he is skilled at indentifying players that are undervalued.
This skill has earned him #1... for now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you just do actual power rankings yourself? That's awesome.

Also, I've historically done very well in this league where I had Megatron and Aaron Rodgers every season (seriously, like 3 years in a row). I missed out on Rodgers this year, but that's ok because he's fallen off a bit in fantasy. I'm not super thrilled with my team though and I imagine I'll be middling the entire season.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I vote we make Kyoug an admin of the 16 team league so he'll do power rankings there

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Didn't Gilg autodraft? Man, that's depressing.
No, that was the PPR league.
I vote we make Kyoug an admin of the 16 team league so he'll do power rankings there
Thanks, but no thanks. Nice try though.
Did you just do actual power rankings yourself?
Yes! And I'm doing them again.

Its time for the week 6 Power Rankings: Rise of The Murderous Marsupials IV - The Murpage (it's a rampage of murder):
Dead last week 3 the Murderous Marsupials went on to nab 3 wins in a row,
which puts them right on top of At Least We're Not Cleveland both 4-2 leading the North Division.

Meanwhile in the South Gilg's ShadyCamGraham, #1 on week 3, dropped the ball with a record of 1-2,
scoring less than 200 combined points between the three games, including a 38 point game this last week
that would've been enough to set a league record had the Demaryius Targaryens not embarassed themselves with the official season low 36 points one week earlier.

But how far did the Murderous Marsupials reach in the rankings and how many ranks did Gilg's ShadyCamGraham drop?
Lets find out:

#12 Peanutbutter Enemas(3-3)
Previously #11 - (2-1) past three weeks
2-1 and yet down one rank, with a combined 190 points in the past three weeks and unable
to get a score above 80 since the very first week, theres little hope that this team will
be able to keep the .500 record in the weeks to come.

#11 Demaryius Targaryens(2-4)
Previously #8 - (1-2) past three weeks
The good news are that this team has probably already secured a trophy for the least points in a match (theres actually no trophy).
I predicted that this team would be up a few ranks from last time, however, these last three weeks didn't go so well and while the rank is well deserved this last week should bring about some optimism as any team able to break 100 points has a good chance to win any week.
Its not looking good, but its not that bad.

#10 The Formerly Suspended(2-4)
Previously #9 - (1-2) past three weeks
With both Megatron and Ryan Mathews down this team has been hurting,
theres some potential to snag a few wins if those two get on the fields soon
but it probably won't be enough to make it very far.

#9 Slaythe Slaythe(3-3)
Previously #10 - (2-1) past three weeks
Slaythe Slaythe, #10 #10.
A close win, a close loss and the winner of the Demaryius Targaryens 36 points game.
Matt Forte is running hard but only enough to drag this team up one spot.

#8 D Train(2-4)
Previously #5 - (1-2) past three weeks
Lost to Peanutbutter Enemas when they even fielded a defense on a bye week.
Injuries are keeping this team down, I still think it will get better but it might be too late when it does.

#7 Murderous Marsupials(4-2)
Previously #12! - (3-0) past three weeks
I can't really pinpoint the reasons for this sudden success, everything is coming up Murderous, it seems.
However I'm not sold yet, granted #7 is a huge leap but this team is tied for first in its division, could've been higher... but I will wait three more weeks.

#6 Howling Possums(3-3)
Previously #6 - (1-2) past three weeks
With AP this team could be really close to having a chance, as it stands, its just not good enough.
Its looking like this team is on the way down, for now though it stays right where it was.

#5 Rockem Sockem Robots(3-3)
Previously #7 - (2-1) past three weeks
With a couple of wins and a decent ammount of points every game this team is doing a good job of pretending like Ray Rice never existed.
If Rivers and company keep these kind of performances going this team has a shot at the division.

#4 Gilg's ShadyCamGraham(3-3)
Previously #1 - (1-2) past three weeks
This team is just not working, even the team picture doesn't work, when I was checking out the team page I got the Imageshack frog instead.
Its like Freaky Friday and Gilg's ShadyCamGraham switched places with the Murderous Marsupials.
A 38 point game with 58 points left on the bench, including Detroit against a rookie QB sitting on the bench!
Still its not that bad, only a game behind, plenty of potential to get back to the spot it dropped from.

#3 Minnesota XTreme(3-3)
Previously #3 - (1-2) past three weeks
I predicted #1 in the division and I'm still conviced that it will happen,
this team amassed over 300 points combined over these past three weeks,
but also got over 300 points scored against.
Sooner or later the wins are going to show up.

#2 Fast Money Fly Scores(4-2)
Previously #4 - (2-1) past three weeks
The 4 man band made it through half of the bands bye weeks with a couple of wins.
This team will always live on the edge, one injury away from being worthless.
Alas, for now its doing alright.

#1 At Least We're Not Cleveland(4-2)
Previously #2 - (1-2) past three weeks
3-0 gets #2 and then 1-2 gets #1. The power rankings move in mysterious ways.
Everyone else has just not been good enough and this team is still at the top
of its division rocking almost 350 points over the last three weeks.
Better scores, worse results. Just another day in Fantasy Football.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Its time for the week 6 Power Rankings: Rise of The Murderous Marsupials IV - The Murpage (it's a rampage of murder):
It's the power of R-E-L-A-X!... or more accurately, a Packers heavy roster not facing the likes of the healthy Seahawks, Jets, and somehow #1 by DVOA Lions defenses.

As soon as the Packers go up against teams with real defenses again, the Marsupials will be back in the basement.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Packers might 40 burger today and I think both Cobb and Jordy get a piece.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sucks to be so dominant throughout the season and then blow it in the first playoff game. Oh well.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
On to the Champeenship
The amusing thing is even the top of this page is bitching about my preseason trade. You all should have known better than to doubt my winning strategy... of being the guy to get Odell Beckham Jr off of waivers.