Fantasy Grounds Curse of Strahd campaign

BangHerAng_sl

shitlord
GG everyone! And grats on the uncursed Maul
smile.png
Now I won't fear using the damn thing! bring them necros all day every day.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
You were impossible to kill last night, good grief! I wonder what module Hatorade has in store for us next. LMoP has been fun, but it's time.to kill the black spider and venture forth as 6th...maybe 7th level adventurers!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You were impossible to kill last night, good grief! I wonder what module Hatorade has in store for us next. LMoP has been fun, but it's time.to kill the black spider and venture forth as 6th...maybe 7th level adventurers!
I had to give him 180HP or you all would have downed him in a single round
smile.png

I have been wondering that myself, fortunately I have at least 2 weeks to figure that out, also likely have to shift play time a little to 7:30 to 11CST, maybe 8 to 11 if 7:30 is to early.

Rush

I'd be down for a 730-745 start.

I need to buy the phb in fg and just fuck around building characters.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed blowing up packs of undead and putting stirges to sleep! Woo~

Glad I had Shield for that second attack from Cursed-Herang though, that was nasty.

Rush

I hope not. When playing DnD, you have to play under the guise that the DM's final interpretation is right. If you don't like it, host your own game.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, it's straight out of the rulebook, too. That's what made me so confused about it. AOO's are granted after a creature leaves your threat range. He jumped over Eon, so would have left his threat range after moving just slightly past him south, triggering the AOO, and an AOO hit is when Sentinel triggers.

Anyhoo yeah hopefully he doesn't quit playing completely. Perhaps if he picked Sentinel under a misconception of how it's supposed to work, perhaps Hate can allow him to nix that for a new feat instead? Dunno.

Sulrn

Deuces
I hope not. When playing DnD, you have to play under the guise that the DM's final interpretation is right. If you don't like it, host your own game.
The issue comes directly out of hosting your own games (the adage "Doctors make the worst patients." comes to mind). To DM you have to have a keen understanding of your interpretation of the rules and it's hard to sit back and watch someone else run a session that runs contrary to that, especially when it's potentially shutting down players and negating choices. Hatorade is a great DM. Unfortunately Thursday's session had two or three moments that were handled in a way I fundamentally disagree with as DM myself. Added in as a player, at the end of the session I felt like my feat/character choice was invalidated and thereby was shut down and it was the spark that lit the pyre. I ended up leaving so the session could continue without me stalling it by continued arguing or bitching and so Hatorade and I could talk it out on our own time. I knew where he was coming from as DM and respect his crafting a situation (which is a lot harder than most people will understand until they do it for their own groups), but I simply got my head wrapped up in the nitty-gritty of it and I'm pretty sure he knows where I was coming from.

As it stands, Hatorade and I have come to the conclusion Eondiil will not be making a return. There's no malice or injustice here on either side, but what seems like would be best for the group as a whole (anyone with a moderate amount of DM experience will understand why).

Besides, you have Nalgah to wrangle the whelps into a real fighting force and it's time for Eondiil to find his next iteration.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tonight and Thursday is looking good, going to have to cancel Wed. game though, some stuff has come up.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I have the saddest of faces right now. Ah well, will have to play extra hard tonight then! What time we kicking it off?

Rush

730 sounds perfect, gives us an extra hour to make up for not playing tomorrow. I hope I get home soon enough to swap my feats and abilities back to typical barbarian!