Fantasy Grounds Curse of Strahd campaign

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Seems pretty nifty. I see what you said about drag and dropping stuff in, jesus that's incredible. They did an amazing job with the software.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So the DM needs an ultimate license or everyone needs a regular one. How does the other stuff work though? Say the DM gets the ultimate license and I get the customization pack, while I'm in game everyone has access to that right?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So the DM needs an ultimate license or everyone needs a regular one. How does the other stuff work though? Say the DM gets the ultimate license and I get the customization pack, while I'm in game everyone has access to that right?
Correct, just have to turn it on in the library.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
How exactly does trap stuff work? Do you need to have both Perception and Investigation to find/disarm (assuming Thieve's Tools) or is that basically an OR thing?

Sulrn

Deuces
How exactly does trap stuff work? Do you need to have both Perception and Investigation to find/disarm (assuming Thieve's Tools) or is that basically an OR thing?
It's DM discretion and PC dependent. Typically it's WIS (Perception)/INT (Arcana) to notice it, WIS (Insight)/INT(Investigation) to figure it out, INT (Arcana)/DEX (Sleight of Hand) to disarm.

Think about Thieves Den with a hidden spike pit. Rogue walks in and thinks "If this was me I'd booby trap the place I should be careful", (Perception) see's a tacky rug and lifts it to find a trap door. He Investigates the door's mechanism and thinks he can jam it (Insight or Investigation). He doesn't have thieves tools, but has some spare bolts and forces them into the frame (Sleight of Hand) and thinks it should work. Passes the DC, Trap disarmed. A druid would probably handle it differently and as a DM you should accommodate within reason.

Thieves tools in 5 are a gateway to adding Prof bonus (or ADV) to skill checks (once you specialize with them) So instead of a Dex vs the Trap its Dex + Prof vs Trap. Some traps/locks specifically say require Thieves tools, but I'd suggest just ignoring that or putting non-tool users at DIS.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Sorry hate just saw this... I was going to message you today regardless but it seems like I'm going to have to bow out. Hopefully my schedule calms down a bit later and if it does I'll try to jump back in when an opening comes up... I may sign in briefly tomorrow just to copy down the build of daveak.. thank you hate for running this I had a blast playong it and sorry I was so flaky the past few weeks

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It happens
smile.png
Your character legit died last Thursday from a trap gone wrong. I took a screenshot of it but it isn't on my phone. Takes almost zero memory to keep your character sheet so I will leave it alone.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Lol as long as it was with a smile on his face and it happened because he was fucking with either the Sean or rush I'm good with it
smile.png
when I'm able to devote more time I want to play an assassin that's forced to play nice
smile.png

Sulrn

Deuces
Most fun I ever had with a PC was as a disguise/cha assassin. Having really shitty Dex/Str really makes it hard to kill your targets until you learn to bend/manipulate people into unknowingly killing your target. Being the solo LE/in a mostly CG/NG group is fun when only the DM knows your true intent and you have to play the story and the metagame to pass as a good person who secretly murders anyone/everyone for power/riches. The rest of the group thought I was the Party merchant.
wink.png

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Sweet. We are in need of someone to fill in a spot for Thursday nights game.