Fantasy/Sci-Fi Fine Art Thread

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Probably my favorite of all the mtg artwork and a pretty bitchin commander for edh.

rrr_img_61330.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't own any art like shown in this thread, but one of my favorite book covers was always the one from Stormbringer by Michael Whelan (first pic below). I'm also a big fan of Royo, the second pic below being one of my favorites.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Great thread.

He's a little hit and miss, but I have a soft spot for Michael Whelan. His Passage series has some good ones, and some of his book covers are spectacular. I have a lithograph of this in my office. Gerald Tarrant is one of my favorite characters ever.

tarrantsrealm.jpg

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This first picture is probably one of my favorite ever. The second one ranks right up there as well. As far as I know they were created digitally and probably aren't available for purchase anywhere, but I've never really checked. You can see the author's name at the bottom and I think he has some other stuff as well. The third picture is well done too, but it doesn't stun me quite like the first two do.

If I remember correctly, the first one is called Dark Angel, second one is depicting pouring the plagues into the Euphrates River (not sure the name), and the third one is called Lilith.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This painting of Rivendell by Ted Nasmith is on the cover of my edition of the Hobbit. It's always been my favourite illustration of what the valley of Rivendell looks like. Larger, brighter, and not as claustrophobic as how it looks in PJ's films. I could well imagining myself retiring there once I'm 111 years old!

TN-Rivendell.jpg

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
One of the paintings you posted is a pretty shit rip-off of a Brad Rigney. "Oh I know, if I slap a iPod and Hello Kitty in there it makes it edgier/cooler.''
349_large.jpg