Far Cry 5

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
i just bought this, i want to see how well it looks on my 1080

steam tells me 23.5 gb

Went ahead and snagged it, maybe get to play in a day or two. If not, I'll have it for when I get home.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man only having 3 guns sucks, i need to unlock the 4th asap

AR, semi auto sniper and a pistol doesnt cut it, i neer an RPG lol

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Man only having 3 guns sucks, i need to unlock the 4th asap

AR, semi auto sniper and a pistol doesnt cut it, i neer an RPG lol

I think, not 100% sure, that the grenade launcher (can buy the * special one for 9000 from the start) counts as a pistol. That way, with just the first unlock you can have a sniper, rifle and grenade launcher. I hope it does, it is what I am saving up for now.

Little review of the game so far (10ish hours).

Story: Characters seem more GTA ish than ever, especially side characters. Take a stereotype of a type of person and amp it up. Other than that it's not bad or anything.

Gameplay: They really increased the encounter rate in this game. I remember in the other games that I explored a lot, there were areas where I felt I could hunt animals and the like as a sort of rest from the combat. Now there are enemies everywhere, even far from the road. Feels like it is rarely a minute without a firefight. Roads are crazy though. Stop on the road to kill one truck and you'll likely be there for a few minutes chaining aggro on other trucks of various types that appear before you have time looting the enemies you just killed.

Don't like the simplification of the perk tree. I actually liked the mechanic of having to hunt for different skins to craft from the previous ones. More of a RPG feel to it that I always thought FarCry could use more of, not less. Now the wildlife is basically reduced down to "oh a walking $" because while getting different wildlife is tied to perks by challenges, skills are never tied to one specific challenge, just perks. No need to actually look for anything specific. With the abundant ammo everywhere, you can just leave the increase ammo tree alone and get all other skills from the easily obtainable perks from missions or just stuff you get by progressing. If there are any rare or difficult challenges for perks, you can just skip them now as you'll easily get every important skill from just normal play.

Graphics: Absolutely beautiful even on PS Pro and runs great.

Overall: The world is bigger and there are more "missions", but feels like I have less to do in it compared to old ones. They've increased enemy encounters while reduced the side activities (or at least point of them).

My suggestion, worth a play, but offers nothing "new". Would wait for sale.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Fuck roads. You stop to kill a couple guys in a truck and you’ll get into a non stop chain of Peggie’s patrols, supply runs, and animals.

spronk

FPS noob
far cry 5 is already the GOTY

also someone already recreated de_dust2 from counterstrike in the FC5 map editor

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think, not 100% sure, that the grenade launcher (can buy the * special one for 9000 from the start) counts as a pistol. That way, with just the first unlock you can have a sniper, rifle and grenade launcher. I hope it does, it is what I am saving up for now.

Sad thing is the pistol is my go to weapon anytime an enemy is relatively close to me lol, i'll use the sniper rifle 80% of the time, then i'll use the pistol any other time. I don't like the AR eating up my sniper rifle ammo so i rarely use it now. I should probably just get rid of it and keep a rocket launcher on me instead lol

This game can get chaotic as fuck, i was doing one of the quests in John Seed's area where you have to kill 3 trucks with a bunch of LMGs on the back. So i go up to kill the 3rd and final one... i end up having fucking pyros, armored machine gun guys, a helicopter and a bunch of lacky's in trucks join the fight.

That shit had my heart racing lol

edit: i love boomer, i keep him around so i can pet him once in awhile. Eff the rest until i unlock another slot later in theg ame lol

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Bloodborne inspired map.

I also saw a decent looking PUBG type map.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Game is fun as fuck, can't wait to see what the users come up with going forward. That Bloodborne one looks great

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This map editor and arcade is awesome. This game screams for a Normandy map. Time to get to work.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I also can’t stop playing good god. I haven’t been this addicted since FC3.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
This game is pretty damn fun. My only experience w/ the FC series is FC4 and that was because it was free with PS+ I think.

Only a few hours in but my impressions so far:

* Graphics are top notch
* Side quests are pretty decent actually (Rocky Mountain Oysters...lol)
* Sidekicks actually kick ass
* Gameplay and controls seems tight and very fluid.
* World so far seems to be very flushed out, reminds me of GTA V in a way.
* I see people rip on the plot/story, but so far it doesn't seem too bad, but I didn't buy FC (primarily) for the story anyways so meh.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Agreed. I played all of them. FC3 was my favorite up to this point, but this one is better in my opinion. 4k HDR on a PS Pro with this game is so damn epic looking for starters. I am really invested in the story - right now working on that John guy. The side missions are my favorite so far. I am finding myself actually DOING them. (Well, you pretty much have to anyway to build resistance) but they are fun and hilarious at the same time, and most importantly, VARIED. The mission structure can go to climbing a tower to knock out Satellites, to having to, I won't spoil it, but... Larry. Lol; to running over bulls with thrashing machines. I hope we get to see Larry though in an upcoming DLC. You will know what I mean when you finish the quest :)

Another thing I like is the open map down below large altitudes. This is the first time I have seen something like this. I took a helicopter to the top of the Yes sign (That hollywod Yes sign cracks me up every time I see it) and used my wing suit to fly what seemed like forever (Grabbed my achievement as well and some perk points). I like the fact I am not having to waste my time running around hunting animals for skins to get my upgrades, and you can unlock something at any given time without having to be forced down a skill tree with prereqs. I also figured out the gun options. Sights, scopes, magazines, etc. So adding some of that customization is still there (Couldn't find it at first).

The arcade mode though, that is very in depth and very impressive. From creating ambient map sounds, height adjusting smoke/fire, rally points, tons of architecture to play with.... some users are going to create some fairly epic content. I haven't gone too much in depth with it than a quick overview, but the last editor I saw this well done was with NWN's module maker.

Sound is epic. I am also running into a lot more licensed 70's music.

Overall though, one of the things I like the most is you are forced to talk to NPC's before getting missions and you have to actually listen to the conversation, if you don't, you won't get the quest. So what I am finding here is that I am not just willy nilly trying to get these done so I can move to the main story, but actually getting invested in the side quest stories and that's something I would have never done had it not been laid out this way. I definitely prefer this over the usual fluff side missions the previous Far Cry's had. (Unless they weren't fluff and I never paid attention because I wanted to just check a box on a map or open up a new area to get to a resource or advance the main story)

If you would have told me a year ago I would be having fun with this I would have laughed myself to death. But as far as I am concerned, this is the closest Ubisoft has been to actually getting back to their glory days of when they released games like Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow Multiplayer, and Beyond Good and Evil. If they can move this into some of their other IP's now and get creative again, that would be really great to see. I hope it's not just a fluke. And also to reward them, I bought the rental.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've played for about an hour now and so far loving it. Down in Malibu for work for a month and my current laptop is struggling to play it on the lowest possible settings so decided it was time to upgrade. I am going to hold off playing anymore till my new laptop gets here today and set it up.

• 1Like