Far Cry 5

Needless

Toe Sucker
Finished this up yesterday. Although I still want to go back and play everything I missed.

With that said.....

What in the ever living fuck was with those endings. Really???

I'm with you there lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still causally playing the game (beat Jacob, John and started to dabble in Faith's area).

So I decided to see if I could mess with the 'YES' sign and sure as shit there is a quest for it when you attack it. It's little shit like this that actually makes me not want to rush through game and just enjoy the ride.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Still causally playing the game (beat Jacob, John and started to dabble in Faith's area).

So I decided to see if I could mess with the 'YES' sign and sure as shit there is a quest for it when you attack it. It's little shit like this that actually makes me not want to rush through game and just enjoy the ride.

Oh God now I have to go back to that lol

• 1Solidarity

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Do you still hunt pig asses so you can hold more money? Because that was the most boring fucking chore ever and I never got far in FC3.

The shitawful inventory & UI didn't help. "Hrm, how many pig asses do I need?" *30 menu screens later*

And yes I even tried bypassing it with cheats and mods so I could enjoy the rest of the game. No go. The only mods actually EXPANDED the crafting to need like, extinction levels of hunting to carry an extra grenade.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Do you still hunt pig asses so you can hold more money? Because that was the most boring fucking chore ever and I never got far in FC3.

The shitawful inventory & UI didn't help. "Hrm, how many pig asses do I need?" *30 menu screens later*

And yes I even tried bypassing it with cheats and mods so I could enjoy the rest of the game. No go. The only mods actually EXPANDED the crafting to need like, extinction levels of hunting to carry an extra grenade.

Nope. Any pig assery is purely optional. You can hunt for gold or for perks but there are many many different ways to get both. Also, gold is not as useful as it appears because it is very easy to get and a ton of weapons are just cosmetic upgrades.

Fishing is dope though. Seriously, go fishing. Its fun if you like fishing.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, even without touching Arcade there's like 50 more perk points than what's needed to buy every perk.

Vorph

BTW, if you're finding planes to be completely uncontrollable garbage, go into settings and switch the controls from shooter to classic. I went from being unable to land a single bullet on John's plane to shooting him down in like 2 minutes.

I think helicopters are better that way too, though it is annoying to lose one of the weapon fire buttons.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

No, this is no longer in the game. Basically now you get perk points, and you can get those points in a variety of ways of playing the game. Perk points are rewarded through Questing, Side Quests, Loot Stashes (Puzzles to find a loot stash filled with "Perk magazines" which you pick up and get a lot of money and perk points, and throughout the world as you just explore/challenges. )Run over 5 guys with a vehicle, etc)

The only perks I found as a must were being able to carry three guns at the same time, Wing Suit, Parachute, Health, Pick lock, etc. and it took about 20 minutes and you had fun doing it. When you hunt animals now, it's only for a quest/side quest, or to sell. Sometimes you get sent on a mission to kill a super animal, but you do not need to craft anything. Black market was nice to buy a bunch of specialty ammo, gear, etc - but it didn't matter too much anyway to equip special bullets.

What you do craft will be things you can use. Moly's, Stick Dynamite, Proximity Detonators, Remote Detonators, boosts to run, animal sense, etc.

Fishing is for money, and a few side quests and collectibles. Basically anything you hated (As I did) with the crafting system to deck out your character is gone.

PS: That far cry 2 video makes me sad when they could have easily combined this game with those physics. I mean hell that was what, over 10 years ago now?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Why are we going backwards all the time?

the entire games industry is a bunch of retarded and/or drugged out fucks

its basically like a food market in which mcdonalds owns 90% of the market and 99.99% of the distribution channels

if the syndicate remake had been an actual remake, it would have sold millions, because it was an excellent game with a huge amount of multiplayer potential .. instead they revamped it into an FPS

if the EQ2 remake had been an actual EQ1 remake, it would have attracted younger people and held them like the original did

instead companies insist to remake games into utter shit

and we get retards like elidroth posting here

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

Why are we going backwards all the time?

god damn. I didtn know FC2 has some of that cool ass shit. forest fires. shooting branchs off trees.

pierce through appropriate walls. Seems odd more games don't have this. it doesnt even seem like it would be that hard to implement. I imagine this is just a gameplay "feel" thing.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
the entire games industry is a bunch of retarded and/or drugged out fucks

its basically like a food market in which mcdonalds owns 90% of the market and 99.99% of the distribution channels

if the syndicate remake had been an actual remake, it would have sold millions, because it was an excellent game with a huge amount of multiplayer potential .. instead they revamped it into an FPS

if the EQ2 remake had been an actual EQ1 remake, it would have attracted younger people and held them like the original did

instead companies insist to remake games into utter shit

and we get retards like elidroth posting here
I think thats just a problem with tech in general.

I have no fucking idea why people think that users WANT something completely new and "fresh" every 10 months.

No, fuckers. Just make it better. Don't redesign the entire user experience every year.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno why you put that in a spoiler tag. Shitty endings are par for the course with Ubisoft, remember Far Cry 3? Or basically every Assassin's Creed game?
the only ubisoft game I ever finished was Valiant Hearts, and that had a proper ending.

spronk

FPS noob
Don't forget to do the weekly event shit, its pretty simple. Run game, run Ubisoft Club from main menu, click on the first thing Challenges, go to Event Challenges and "activate"/collect the first two. One is just everyone participating and the second is you getting shit done, not sure what the rewards are for either but it is not that great apparently. Anyways once you activate that stuff then go back to FC5 main menu and run Arcade Mode, Solo, and select map and search for "Event" and you should see one that is basically just a pen of like 100 animals, go into it and kill them with flaming arrows / incendiary shotgun shells (watch out, 20 angry turkeys will FUCK YOU UP) and you can be done within 1 minute. Go back to ubisoft club and "claim" your rewards, you are done

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
(watch out, 20 angry turkeys will FUCK YOU UP) and you can be done within 1 minute.

The funny thing is that this is the second game where I've been warned about the dangers of angry turkeys in the last week.

Crone

Can't play because piece of shit Ubisoft won't log me in , and it won't work in offline mode. Fucking Uplay.

• 1Solidarity