Fargo

spronk

FPS noob
season 4 started last night, 2 episodes aired one per week after that for 11 episodes total - finale Nov 29th

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just remembered I haven't watched S3, gotta get on that.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just started second episode, had to pause to point out the presence of Salvatore Esposito - IMDb from Italian mafia series, Gomorrah

If you haven't watched Gomorrah, you really should. Easily a AAA title.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
So far seems solid.

Chris Rock is a little stiff in his role, but the characters are quirky and it will be interesting to see how the story progresses.

Side note: As a Kansas City resident, I haven't seen an actual KC landmark or street. (Hoping they filmed something in the area at least pre-pandemic)

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Slow start and there's really no need to culture war this thread. Boardwalk Empire introduced black gangsters and nobody complained

The only unnecessary part so far is the Mary Sue black girl

• 1Like
  • 1Picard

Khane

Through 6 episodes of season 3 and the plot is a lot weaker than the previous 2 seasons. Still has great acting and that Fargo brand quirkiness you expect from the show, but the story itself isn't coming together in a very interesting or compelling way.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Through 6 episodes of season 3 and the plot is a lot weaker than the previous 2 seasons. Still has great acting and that Fargo brand quirkiness you expect from the show, but the story itself isn't coming together in a very interesting or compelling way.

Season 3 was decent, well worth the watch although not as good as first 2.

Khane

So finished S3 and there was so much wasted screen time, like that entire episode that focused on the flashbacks of Thaddeus Mobeley... they amounted to nothing. Also, did I miss something or what happened with the old guy she met on the plane who eventually ran into Yuri at the bowling alley? Guess he killed him because Yuri didn't show up the rest of the series? Did I miss something there?

That season was like half Fargo, half David Lynch.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So finished S3 and there was so much wasted screen time, like that entire episode that focused on the flashbacks of Thaddeus Mobeley... they amounted to nothing. Also, did I miss something or what happened with the old guy she met on the plane who eventually ran into Yuri at the bowling alley? Guess he killed him because Yuri didn't show up the rest of the series? Did I miss something there?

That season was like half Fargo, half David Lynch.
The Lynch part is the best part, though.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finished episode 2. Its like slow burn with a wet fuse. Fuck it is taking its time to set shit up. The daughter taints it heavily for me. To the point that it detracts and distracts from the story. The nurse is like.. well ok then. The big Italian brother is good also. I'm taking this episode by episode. Odds are high I never finish this season. S1 set the bar extremely high.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finished episode 2. Its like slow burn with a wet fuse. Fuck it is taking its time to set shit up. The daughter taints it heavily for me. To the point that it detracts and distracts from the story. The nurse is like.. well ok then. The big Italian brother is good also. I'm taking this episode by episode. Odds are high I never finish this season. S1 set the bar extremely high.
Sounds like another show I look forward to where the writing just kind of nose dives.

Oh well. Will continue to check this thread to see if it's worth my time.

• 1Like

gak

<Gold Donor>
At least they didn't suddenly turn it up to 11 and now the fat italian is a ridiculous wide-eyed crazy caricature I'm already tired of... oh wait.

c.jpg

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
At least they didn't suddenly turn it up to 11 and now the fat italian is a ridiculous wide-eyed crazy caricature I'm already tired of... oh wait.
I can't decide if it's an in-joke because he's famous for playing a Mafia boss in Gomorrah

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Timothy Olyphant always plays the best lawman. Italian brother is over the top. Almost Gyp Rosetti level. Agreed that Chris Rock seems a bit stiff.

Overall though I'm liking the story, show is produced really well, and the acting is pretty great. It's just not quite as compelling as previous seasons. I just don't see the connection between all the parties that's going to make this the epic tragedy this show always ends as.

• 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't get this though. Please explain. Other than "it has black people in it". Feel this is just trendy to say on this forum anymore.

yeah, was gonna say that this suggestion turned out to be totally retarded. The only thing I can remember is the Mary-Sue/child genius black girl, but she's barely featured

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard