Fargo

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
This season so far and especially this weeks episode is lukewarm at best.

They had a few chances to surprise and go against cliché', but went the predictable route.

Not horrible, but nothing to remember after one viewing.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't get this though. Please explain. Other than "it has black people in it". Feel this is just trendy to say on this forum anymore.

I haven't seen it, so I'm not sure. But if this season is based on the actual KC organized crime boom after the great migration, black people were not at all "challenging" Italians or even a major part of it (They were low level drivers/drug runners). The Italians owned the midwest and murdered everyone else for 40 years--they were stronger out there than were even in NY and Chicago so the idea that there was some conflict between black gangsters and Italians seems contrived.

But this is fiction, so I'll give it a go. But if I had to guess, that is the reason--KC has a HUGE history of organized crime, and its pretty much Irish, leading into Italian era. Shoe horning in black folks seems like it might be trendy..which I would guess is why it might seem off for some people who expected more of a funhouse mirror version of RL events rather than a purely made up alt-history.

Take that how you will, just my guess.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, not really any super-likeable characters in this one like previous seasons. Doctor Senator and the US Marshall were pretty good, but not anywhere near the level of Billy Bob Thornton, Hanzi, V.M Varga, etc.. I guess the mopey Irish Jewtalian is fairly likeable, but he doesn't talk enough to have a personality really. Chris Rock's acting is wooden as fuck. Jason Schwartzman is just playing Jason Schwartzman. I was hoping the Nurse would be like the anti-hero, but she seems to just be a rogue villain. Weird, uneventful season. Hopefully with the War starting it'll get interesting.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
We're fast-forwarding through the filler so we'll probably watch the rest of the season. Quick question, were they just ripping off the scene from no country for old men, or was this an "homage"?

j.jpg

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Take it I did a good thing quiting after season 2? I loved season 1-2 but quit season three after 3 episodes I think

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Take it I did a good thing quiting after season 2? I loved season 1-2 but quit season three after 3 episodes I think

I think season 3 is still good. But the first two are all-time level TV for me. This fourth season is just directionless. The characters aren't compelling. The acting is melodramatic. I don't think any level of payoff can save it.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
S3 wasn't bad, but the story was weak compared to S1 and S2. Very weak. The previews I've seen for S4 are not very compelling. Chris Rock looks to have as much acting chops as I would expect Chris Rock to have. Which is to say, none.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not too impressed with this season, but I really like Timothy Olyphant's character.I have a feeling it's going to pay off in a big way by the end of the season.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
uh yeah basically just the irishman and the federal marshall.

The Irishman that betrayed his family(s)

Did he switch sides once or twice already, and has now switched again (to save the black kid)

And the Marshal who's done nothing so far?

The cast is too big and it feels like something they're gonna pull all the strands together by the end, but previous seasons were more focused than this one

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm going to finish this but I'm not that interested in what's going on at all. Timothy Olyphant is just about the only redeeming thing.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Bummer.

Each episode seems to get worse and worse. No real reason for this story or characters.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Not gonna spoiler because shitshow isn't worth it.

Can you imagine if the indian sees the magical zombie again, then they shoot 10 cops, then they run out of ammo at the same time just as Raylan Givens has them cornered, but Raylan wants to take them alive because they only shot 10 cops, so Richard Harrow shoots everyone but the jogger, then he waits so the jogger can see the magical zombie again then scream, then the jogger rushes Harrow and knocks him to the ground, where he's suddenly paralyzed for enough time to let her escape. Again.

tim-sp.gif