Fast 8 (2017)

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Of course I'll watch, maybe even in the theaters. Can't go wrong with The Rock, Charlize Theron, and Kurt Russell. My only complaint is likely to be along the same lines as BvS, where they made it so that Batman actually stood a chance (far from my only complaint, but the only relevant one here). Dom is going to beat them like red-headed step-children because "story" even though it won't make much real world sense. I want at least one scene where The Rock beats his fucking face in.

glad to see the hot mulatto from game of thrones is in it

And she's a nice bonus. Hottest girl on GoT, in my opinion.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This is the definition of popcorn flick.

Hopefully this is the end. It's gimmicky without walker, and the only way they had left to go was this heel turn, but damn if the action doesn't look amazing.

I don't watch these for stories. I watch for awesome practical effects, crazy stunts, and some of the most creative set pieces you'll ever see.

Well worth any money spent to see it.
There's already plans for 2 more movies after this one according to Diesel, so strap in.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loved the original as a kid (car dork) but I enjoyed the movies becoming better stories. Hopefully they aren't sliding the wrong way and just trying to Michael Bay it up.

Oldbased

> Than U
Worth the money just to see CT lip fuck someone.
I thought there was going to be 10 of these. At this rate Fast 10 is just going to be 2 hours of the Earth being sucked out into space.

Oldbased

> Than U
I know overseas it is HUGE but I am curious what drove that. Surely that media BS between Rock and Vin didn't as it wouldn't show in a trailer anyways.
7 had a REALLY good trailer imo so maybe that drove it( and music selections at the time ).
Felt the 8 trailer was weak in some regards in comparison.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I know overseas it is HUGE but I am curious what drove that. Surely that media BS between Rock and Vin didn't as it wouldn't show in a trailer anyways.
7 had a REALLY good trailer imo so maybe that drove it( and music selections at the time ).

The multiracial cast is a large part of it, alongside jumping around the world to various locales.

Not to mention as absurd as it sounds the movies have strong female characters.

Bechdel test - Wikipedia

Basically does a movie have at least two main female characters who directly interact over a topic other then a man. IE Romantic comedies don't count. Starting with F&F4 they all pass this test. I remember reading an article about it after 6 came out, discussing how F&F series became a mutli-billion dollar franchise.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The movies have done huge in Asia since all the way back with Tokyo Drift which kind of bombed stateside, that one probably really got the ball rolling over there. I would guess car culture in general is probably more popular with kids in Asia and South America there than it is with kids in the States anymore. Bunch of faggots driving Priuses these days.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I still can't grasp why people still buy those pieces of shit. Even if you hate driving, you don't have to hate yourself.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I think that stupid Prius racing commercial in the super bowl this year only made them worse. Now people are putting wheels and wings and stickers on them.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Every single person that drives a Prius drives it like a total cuck. I get triggered as fuck every time I'm near one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
James Cameron should direct #9, it's not like the Avatar sequels are ever going to be done anyways.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The first movie was stuff happening that happened to be car racers.

Which movie did they switch to being Oceans Eleven with cars? Where everything is a double cross to really hide the fact that they were undercover the whole time?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It started to get a better plot with the 3rd one (Tokyo Drift). The 4th (Fast & Furious) was about running Heroin back and fourth between Mexico & Texas. Brian & Mia get married or something. Then the 5th one (Fast Five) they go full blown Ocean's 11 shit. That's the one where it took place out in Rio and they tear a giant room sized safe/vault out of the police HQ and pulled it around the city. Fast & Furious 6 is the one where it's against the Russians and this dude that has a very small Formula One style car that acts as a ramp to flip other cars over. It was a pretty cool idea. They do more heist shit in this one. The big end scene involves a 30 mile long runway that kills the one girl from the group that Han liked (before he died in Tokyo Drift). They also show Gerard Butler killing Han in a rehash of the Tokyo Drift scene, saying this takes place before Drift. They follow this up with Furious 7. This is the one in Dubai where they jump between buildings in the supercars, and Rhonda Rousey is there as some dude's bodyguard. At the very end, they re-introduce the actors from Tokyo Drift in preparation for the 8th film.

There's a lot of strange shit that has happened in this franchise.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
fast_and_furious_timeline-01.0.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It started to get a better plot with the 3rd one (Tokyo Drift). The 4th (Fast & Furious) was about running Heroin back and fourth between Mexico & Texas. Brian & Mia get married or something. Then the 5th one (Fast Five) they go full blown Ocean's 11 shit. That's the one where it took place out in Rio and they tear a giant room sized safe/vault out of the police HQ and pulled it around the city. Fast & Furious 6 is the one where it's against the Russians and this dude that has a very small Formula One style car that acts as a ramp to flip other cars over. It was a pretty cool idea. They do more heist shit in this one. The big end scene involves a 30 mile long runway that kills the one girl from the group that Han liked (before he died in Tokyo Drift). They also show Gerard Butler killing Han in a rehash of the Tokyo Drift scene, saying this takes place before Drift. They follow this up with Furious 7. This is the one in Dubai where they jump between buildings in the supercars, and Rhonda Rousey is there as some dude's bodyguard. At the very end, they re-introduce the actors from Tokyo Drift in preparation for the 8th film.

There's a lot of strange shit that has happened in this franchise.
Might have to watch Tokyo Drift and Furious 7 again to get that link solidified in my head. Love these films so much so it's not hard to watch them!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Han was the big shit role model type for the lead in Tokyo Drift. He went against the Antagonist and his Yakuza father, then died in what appeared to be an accident. Then in 6, they modified his accidental death, making it deliberate at the hands of Gerard Butler (Transporter). So the end of 3 and the end of 6 happen at the same time. But the majority of 6 took place before 3. It was one of those "6 month later" type of situations that showed the modified death.