Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gerard Butler (Transporter)
i8leFk5.jpg

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
the first movie was about some car racers stealing VCRs, the evolution of the crew from drivers to immortal ascendant Gods has been inspiring

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every single person that drives a Prius drives it like a total cuck. I get triggered as fuck every time I'm near one.

I go out of my way frequently to pass each Prius loudly and with excessive enthusiasm. They are the antithesis of everything I enjoy about cars and, 'Merica.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the first movie was about some car racers stealing VCRs, the evolution of the crew from drivers to immortal ascendant Gods has been inspiring

The first movie was just Point Break with car racing instead of surfing. Pretty much an exact rip off.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The multiracial cast is a large part of it, alongside jumping around the world to various locales.

Not to mention as absurd as it sounds the movies have strong female characters.

Bechdel test - Wikipedia

Basically does a movie have at least two main female characters who directly interact over a topic other then a man. IE Romantic comedies don't count. Starting with F&F4 they all pass this test. I remember reading an article about it after 6 came out, discussing how F&F series became a mutli-billion dollar franchise.
God I had to sit and listen to this dumb woman ramble on for an hour back in cultural diversity class. Surprise surprise her father was some closeted gay/pedophile.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Dumb movie, but fun, as you'd expect. If I paused the movie every time something dumb happened it would take 12 hours to finish, but you don't go into a movie like this and expect anything else. It does kind of amuse me that even though Diesel is still the "main" character, most people don't seem to care about him much anymore. I went for The Rock and Statham mostly.

It was fun to see in IMAX, and it undoubtedly made the movie more fun to have the whole sound and visual experience, but if you're one of those people that ration the movies you see in theaters, probably best to wait for video on this one.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Both 1 and 2 were complete hunks of shit. 3 was "mostly" shit as well, but they changed the narrative from a stupid movie to at least a stupid movie trying to do some cool shit. It wasn't until 4 that they really took off on the new plot of being a group of criminal crime fighters.

At the very least, these movies are good mindless entertainment.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Saw it tonight with the wife. Typical Fast & Furious flick. Total disconnect from reality popcorn flick. It was fun, but I'd say this was one of the weakest ones since the reboots from 4 on. It was decent but some parts drug on and it just didn't work with Vin as the bad guy. There were some redeeming parts like Jason Stratham scenes, but stuff like the NY and Russian tundra part just drug on. It also felt like it was missing a few things this go around. I think part of what they missed was the exotic tropical locations aspect they usually have. And the character screen time balance sucked in this movie. Certain characters that were staples before, only got a few minutes in 8. They need to get back to the whole "Ocean's 11" thing where everyone has a specialty and gets a part of the job/screen time, doing their thing. And lastly there weren't any real cool "human" stunts in this one, only more car stunts. Paul Walker used to be good for those, hanging off shit with one arm at the brink of death. Hoping they ramp up Scott Eastwood into that role in the next two. Anyways, the first 15 minutes of the movie was probably the best part. They really need to do shit like that more in the next 2 supposedly greenlighted movies.

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
I feel F&F died for me at 7 and not just because of the death. The whole bank vault then tank then plane and submarine and so forth is just getting nuts. What is next for F&F9 a moon base? Still I hope they do well. This series will completely self fund the final Riddick movie so it is worth it.

Vin banked 47 million + producer fee for F&F7 which is one of the biggest paydays in Hollywood. Good money.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
So, I've never seen a fast and furious movie. This basically made me a unicorn to my friends, who insisted I needed to watch this one, and then the first one.

What in the actual fuck. How are there eight of these?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So, I've never seen a fast and furious movie. This basically made me a unicorn to my friends, who insisted I needed to watch this one, and then the first one.

What in the actual fuck. How are there eight of these?
Becausw theyre fun to watch and make billions of dollars dipshit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users