Fast 8 (2017)

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yesterday, I saw the biggest compilation of action-bullshit ever, waaaaaayyyyyy bigger than the last Triple X movie.
The plot is so bad, they had scene after scene after scene just because. "We have the eye of god", the eye of god is stolen by the bad guys.
We need the codes, get a briefcase. We need nukes, let's steal a submarine lol
Plot holes like....hijack all the cars in the city but for some reason, didn't hijack the motorcade ones lol .Using EMP and Dom's car wasn't affected.

Who said Tyrese's character was the comic relief was wrong, he is the cringe relief.
I think XXX is morphing with FF franchise just because Dom is now a God that the world needs him to save it. From now on, Dom is Xander Toretto.

Things that saved this movie are Jason Statham's performance, Rock's performance and their contant taunting.
The rest was bad or so bad that is good (the cars protecting Dom from the explosion ahahahahahaha)

6/10

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah saw this today and I laughed all the way through. I love these movies for how over the top stupid they are.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
2 Fast 2 Furious mostly got in the way of a pretty fun Rock/Statham movie. They were 95% of the fist fights in the movie, and 90% of the good jokes. (gotta give Kurt his credit, heh)

The plane fight, fucking lol. Did they lift that from a unused Crank script?

They should have played the Mission Impossible theme during the Dom's super spy flashback. Only going full on parody could save that nonsense.

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The Rock wasn't in 2 Fast 2 Furious. Hell, neither was Vin Diesel. Or Jason Statham for that matter.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
well makes more sense now why vin diesel is acting like a bitch
Universal Revs ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Spinoff For Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham

That makes sense, they worked well together in f8 and Statham pretty much stole the show for the action scenes - the plane sequence was head and shoulders over any of the rest of the fights, and the second best was the prison break, also mostly for Statham ;p

Movie was fun - the plot is more holes than plot and makes absolutely no sense, but that's not what the movies are about anyway ;p

Siliconemelons

Do they still have a few shots of really, really nice butts in thongs? I remember 1 and 2 having them during ricer party scenes - heck I think Tokyo drift even attempted with nobutt asians.

Haven't seen any others than 1 2 and Drift

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
well makes more sense now why vin diesel is acting like a bitch
Universal Revs ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Spinoff For Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham

You realize that Vin has almost all creative control over the F&F series right? That's how they got him to come back for 4. Vin will still be at least producing this new movie, I bet he even does a cameo. Vin is still gonna be swimming in bucks from the movie. He uses F&F to fund his other projects like the next Riddick.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Vin is such a weirdo, but I want to like him. In a shitty Hollywood system, he's making fun popcorn flicks and using it to feed passion projects for decicTed cult fan bases,

But he's such a fucking tool.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Vin is such a weirdo, but I want to like him. In a shitty Hollywood system, he's making fun popcorn flicks and using it to feed passion projects for decicTed cult fan bases,

But he's such a fucking tool.

Vin seems really chill and laid back. I think a lot of the rumors about him are mainly from haters. Plus he was a pen and paper gamer and we all have our quirks and arrogance.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
this was excessively long. I don't exactly remember what happened in this but I know that The Hateful 8 is 7 minutes longer and Tarantino put an intermission into that for the theatrical release. Groot needs to learn how to edit. These movies seem to have the same issue that Zach Snyder movies have in that they're not really movies but just a bunch of cool ideas for scenes strung together loosely. That in mind this was actually pretty stupid fun; got to see car chases and grab a 45 minute nap

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Watching this movie right now, just finished the NYC autonomous car part

To call this movie retarded would be an understatement.

Do they ever explain what Cypher shows to him on the phone to get him to turn on the team?

Oldbased

> Than U
Is this on Bluray already or something? All the prem channels are showing various F&F like every other hour.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
finished this movie

i dont wanna live on this planet anymore

Oldbased

> Than U
Freaking 391M in china so far. US is 2nd place at 225M. Over 1.2 Billion. It may be complete shit but it fueled like 3000 spirit cooking parties. I blame 75 lb 4 foot tall chicks they usually spring in these. Warning may break during sex.

Oldbased

> Than U
This is out on early digital and it is doing something I usually don't see for movies. The $15 purchase point which is low for a new release is both versions. Theater and Directors cut which runs 12 minutes longer.