Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

Genre: Action, Crime, Drama

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, Idris Elba, Vanessa Kirby, Eiza González, Eddie Marsan, Stephanie Vogt, David Mumeni, Axel Nu

Release: 2019-08-01

Plot: A spinoff of The Fate of the Furious, focusing on Johnson's US Diplomatic Security Agent Luke Hobbs forming an unlikely alliance with Statham's Deckard Shaw.

spronk

FPS noob
First spin off from Fast and Furious movies, Hobbs and Shaw opening August 2nd 2019

with The Rock (Hobbs), Jason Statham (Shaw) and new addition Idris Elba

it must have wrapped filming by now, F&F 9 starts filming this month I'm curious if Hobbs & Shaw will return to that franchise or if the hate Vin Diesel and The Rock have for each other has split them up forever.

Its like wrasslin drama in my movies

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Bahahaha I can't wait to shut off my brain and enjoy the crap out of this, looks great - with these three guys it will have to be at least worth the price of a ticket.

The only way you can fight Statham and the Rock is to create a pretend superhero. Stupidly awesome.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Whats the story of the beef between The Rock and Vin Diesel? I just have to imagine that it's Diesel's fault. The Rock seems like such a lovable guy.

Hosix

All labs matter!
This looks like it could be good. I hope there are more funny parts besides what we have seen.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
First spin off from Fast and Furious movies, Hobbs and Shaw opening August 2nd 2019

with The Rock (Hobbs), Jason Statham (Shaw) and new addition Idris Elba

it must have wrapped filming by now, F&F 9 starts filming this month I'm curious if Hobbs & Shaw will return to that franchise or if the hate Vin Diesel and The Rock have for each other has split them up forever.

Its like wrasslin drama in my movies

Fast and Furious: We're not saying superheroes....But superheroes.

Deadpool should show up.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
That looks awesome.

I love the Rock ability to say any cheesy lines with a straight face and make it sound cool and the Hobbs character does it all the time. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
I was all ready to hate on this thing and then i watched the trailer. It kinda grows on you... Like a fungus that you cant kill but still might be worth a download.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Whats the story of the beef between The Rock and Vin Diesel? I just have to imagine that it's Diesel's fault. The Rock seems like such a lovable guy.

Apparently Rock is not a fan of Vin's and some of the Fast and Furious people's work ethic. That is what I got out of stuff that was going around. There is also some bad blood because the spin off pushed back F&F 9 and the actors and crew that rely on the franchise for money weren't happy about it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
word was vin diesel is a bit of a prima donna and would show up super late on set, etc and the rock is a man who wants to get shit done. Also all of them started writing in their contracts that they cannot lose any fight to another actor, so The Rock can't "beat up" Vin Diesel on screen nor can Jason Statham lose to anyone else etc etc which starts getting stupidly ridiculous. Vin Diesel also found out at the last minute before F&F opened that producers added a stinger for this (spinoff) movie and he used his exec producer power to cut that scene out of the end, it cost the production company a ton of money to do that at the last minute.

In the last F&F movie if you look at the movie on a second viewing you can totally tell Groot and The Rock hate each other, they never filmed any scenes together and its all done with clever editing. Thats why I probably think you won't see the two of them together again in a F&F movie
https://news.avclub.com/dwayne-johnson-confirms-that-he-and-vin-diesel-refused-1825000417

Apparently Statham/Rock won't be in F&F 9
Are Vin Diesel and Tyrese Gibson Happy Dwayne Johnson Won't Be in Fast and Furious 9?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Honestly just get Tyrese Gibson in Hobbs & Shaw and I'm good with it. Ludichris (or whatever) can suck a dick, as can the rest of the crew.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was ready to think this would be bad, but that trailer looked hilarious.

iannis

Musty Nester
VIn has proven himself many times over. He makes fun movies. Terrible, terrible movies but fun. And he's been doing them with bigger and bigger budgets, so they just look better and better.Fun

He completely understands the inner teenage boy.

spronk

FPS noob
you could argue the rock does it better. Vin has F&F, XXX and Riddick, I don't really consider Groot "his" character by any stretch since he only has 3 words. Whereas The Rock has Jumanji, Ballers, Rampage, Skyscraper, San Andreas and upcoming Black Adam, Doc Savage, and Big Trouble in Little China.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database