Fast X (2023)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Was not a huge fan of Fast 9, Am a huge fan of this one.

Feels like the anime/D&D campaign has reached its final arc, everyone is powered up, the bad guy is over the top and over powered, and all the chickens are coming home to roost.

Great time.

Been like that since, what, Fast 6?

I was on board then, and I'm on board now

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Been like that since, what, Fast 6?

I was on board then, and I'm on board now

True, these movies need no reviews, as you should know what you are getting.

I guess the point of my distinction about how all the characters and plot feels, is that Mamoa is so over the top and powerful, and a number of recap scenes and call backs exist to really drive home that this is the end of the line. And with the cliffhanger and post credit scene, I can definitely see how they may stretch it to a trilogy to close instead of 2 movies.

and regarding the post credit scene

Did the person who was revealed to be Hobbs seem really small until the mask came off? Like they filmed it with the rest of the with the chance that the Rock would come back and then just did the pickup at the end for the reveal.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

1684618198707.png

That's money on the phone baby. Fuck animal torture in space.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
F9 did $70M
F8 did $98M
F7 did $147M
F6 did $97M
F5 did $86M

Since people always want to compare franchise openings.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

movie opens in a week, its expected to bomb hard (relative to budget) as ticket sales right now are way, way below previous movies

i started rewatching the series last night since i haven't seen the first one in over a decade and man... its hilariously funny and bad. I forgot they were super small thieves who were jacking trucks for TV-VCRs, and Vin Diesel was REALLY REALLY bad at crime too. Second one is also hilariously bad. Huge bonus points though for having crazy hot chicks just dancing around cars in bikinis, what more do you want in life

This is hilarious. They don't want to go beyond Fast X for marketing reasons (11 and 12 just don't have the marketing oomph) so they're just gonna make any successive movies additional parts of Fast X. This is like branding for a smartphone or something.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
F9 did $70M
F8 did $98M
F7 did $147M
F6 did $97M
F5 did $86M

Since people always want to compare franchise openings.
Movies still haven't bounced back from Covid and probably won't return to it's heyday. There are still Blockbusters, but not as many as before.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Movies still haven't bounced back from Covid and probably won't return to it's heyday. There are still Blockbusters, but not as many as before.
Sure, but it's doing worse than the previous film which was released during Covid. Even with international business, I'd be surprised if it beats gotg3 (which still held to 47%).

Personally, I'd like the films a lot more if they gave less attempts at giving a shit about "family" and any pretense of real stakes for the characters. Those are the elements that seem out of place.

• 1Garbage

spronk

FPS noob
had a few hours to kill so saw this, had been rewatching fast movies for a few weeks now but didn't make it through them all. Pretty much a companion piece to 7-9, its really hard to say any are better or worse than the others, they are all kinda bad but funny.

Momoa is great in this, he is basically in a different movie from everyone else and is channeling a bizarre 2023 Ledger Joker in a corny and funny way. The plot is nonsense, there really isn't one at all.

Way too many characters, and its kinda sad they have moved away from practical effects. Most of the work is CGI in this movie and its not great, the big set pieces look meh compared to Fast 5 and Dominic Toretto has too much screen time. He is the weakest part of the franchise and only works as an anchor.

Not worth a watch in theaters at all, should be out on VOD fairly quickly and 100% worth a watch at home, I'll rewatch when its there. Its a cliffhanger ending so Fast X-2 is needed to wrap the story up, they really should retire the franchise now its creaking under the weight of how silly the world has become.

Paul Walkers daughter plays the flight attendant we see halfway thru the movie, that was cool

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Well four day total from Box Office Mojo

Domestic (21%) $72,323,710
International (79%) $271,943,340
Worldwide $344,267,050

It's out on Yargh!!!!! sites. Not a bad rip so far, watching it now.

• 1Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Just finished watching the rip. It was a solid rip except for the credit scene being in language I don't speak. I liked it. Will go see it next week during the 5$ showing they have in our best theater on Tuesdays for all movies.

I like where it is going. And Vin made it like a super hero movie series. No one is really dead till they are buried and dead. Unless you are Superman and then that does not even count.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
The movie isn't the best in the franchise, but I thought it was ok. Only thing that bothered me is the Mamoa baddie felt like it was run buy a shitty DM. Like that DM when the players escape/finish off the big bad, but he didn't plan for it ending so soon so he makes up some shit to save him/get the players.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Thought it was ok. Mamoa always looks like he's having an absoulte blast and playing himself. Think everyone knows by now but it's a cliffhanger ending.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thought it was ok. Mamoa always looks like he's having an absoulte blast and playing himself. Think everyone knows by now but it's a cliffhanger ending.

Momoa told Vin he would only do the villain if he let him do it his way.

That probably came across in the movie.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i think Brie is trying to improve her image, even though she still RBFs all her lines to the point of it being distracting. the director must pull his hair out after each scene.
i'm pretty sure she's been trying super hard to improve her image since captain marvel and her awful press release interviews. she hosted jimmy kimmel (though i don't watch talk shows so i didn't pay any attention) and she has/had a youtube channel where she tried super hard to come off as regular people, but in my opinion it just made it obvious that she was trying really hard to be likable and felt unnatural which worked against her.

i don't hate her, i just think she is the perfect example of how narcissistic and frail actors tend to be. you know that saying about the reason why people go into the field of psychology is because they just want to figure out what's wrong with themselves? i think it's similar with actors. the entire reason why they are drawn to the idea of playing other people is because they don't like playing themselves. that's obviously a gross exaggeration, but there's merit to it

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'm pretty sure she's been trying super hard to improve her image since captain marvel and her awful press release interviews. she hosted jimmy kimmel (though i don't watch talk shows so i didn't pay any attention) and she has/had a youtube channel where she tried super hard to come off as regular people, but in my opinion it just made it obvious that she was trying really hard to be likable and felt unnatural which worked against her.

i don't hate her, i just think she is the perfect example of how narcissistic and frail actors tend to be. you know that saying about the reason why people go into the field of psychology is because they just want to figure out what's wrong with themselves? i think it's similar with actors. the entire reason why they are drawn to the idea of playing other people is because they don't like playing themselves. that's obviously a gross exaggeration, but there's merit to it
i think thats pretty accurate, i stopped riding the hate machine on her too. not because i like her now and want to see her in movies. FUCK NO. i just feel sorry for her now, it makes it really difficut to hate somebody when they are trying this hard to be better and still failing miserably. and her personal life and career is tanking horribly. sure she still has lots of money and is living the life most would kill for, but even big rich celebs kill themselves because money really doesnt mean happiness. it never did. it just means your toys are nicer than others.
i saw this as a cry for help. she needs some Ws in her life. but shes too fucking broken to appreciate them when they come along.
Brie Larson confirms split from Elijah Allan-Blitz: ‘I have no job, home, partner or plan!’
Brie Larson has confirmed her split from Elijah Allan-Blitz.

The Oscar-winning ‘Room’ actress, 33, who started dating the 36-year-old actor and musician in 2019, says she now has no job, home, partner or plan but is enjoying being carefree.

She told Harper’s Bazaar’s April ‘Reinvention’ issue when reflecting on her future plans and hope for having a family: “I don’t have a next job. I don’t have a home. I don’t have a partner. I don’t have a plan.”

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's got some balls telling Vin that. Everyone has at least seen 2 Fast 2 Furious or Tokyo Drift.

• 1Like