Fast X (2023)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, cool story, but most reviews weren't lamenting Momoa's performance. So you can't say that it's his fault when he gave one of the elements that was more commonly seen as a positive.

Dwayne Johnson went out of his way to shower praise on Momoa's character-- that he looks very forward to working with him.

As they start work on the next project, if Vin still thinks Momoa should rein it in and Dwayne says it's good money, that might start the friction back up. I think somebody might shake Vin out of it but if he made up his mind overracting killed scenes, that's something he would hold onto given how personal Fast is to him.

1686037831148.png

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Dwayne Johnson went out of his way to shower praise on Momoa's character-- that he looks very forward to working with him.

As they start work on the next project, if Vin still thinks Momoa should rein it in and Dwayne says it's good money, that might start the friction back up. I think somebody might shake Vin out of it but if he made up his mind overracting killed scenes, that's something he would hold onto given how personal Fast is to him.

View attachment 476793
"little brother" lol

Juvarisx

Florida
Well it aint Fast 5, but it was fine. I really am ready to move on from Cypher in these though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah it's not the best Fast I can see why reviews were lukewarm at best.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's not the best Fast I can see why reviews were lukewarm at best.

I suspect that had nothing do with any acting or content, and was more focused on most people not realizing it was only a third of a movie and then being presented with a giant 'haha, come back later suckers' after a bunch of cliffhangers.

• 1Worf

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thought this was a fun watch. Way better than the last few movies. Mamoa was awesome and made the movie.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I suspect that had nothing do with any acting or content, and was more focused on most people not realizing it was only a third of a movie and then being presented with a giant 'haha, come back later suckers' after a bunch of cliffhangers.
yeah, really felt like this weird combination of too many action scenes and nothing actually happening by the end of it.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
yeah, really felt like this weird combination of too many action scenes and nothing actually happening by the end of it.

This probably was the underlying reason why it felt like the ensemble cast didn't really do anything, because well, nothing of consequence ultimately happened.

It lacked those big consequences scenes from some of the prior Fast movies. Vin is probably sour about the legs on the movie because he had this whole trilogy planned. It's not like it flopped, but he's probably pinching hard on that 3rd movie in the X series now. I'd guess he's feeling soft pushback to make it 2 movies and drop that 3rd.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This probably was the underlying reason why it felt like the ensemble cast didn't really do anything, because well, nothing of consequence ultimately happened.

It lacked those big consequences scenes from some of the prior Fast movies. Vin is probably sour about the legs on the movie because he had this whole trilogy planned. It's not like it flopped, but he's probably pinching hard on that 3rd movie in the X series now. I'd guess he's feeling soft pushback to make it 2 movies and drop that 3rd.
i think it also felt like it ended mid action scene. there were SOME things that happened, but it was far too much of an obvious act 1 with zero resolution to anything.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
i think it also felt like it ended mid action scene. there were SOME things that happened, but it was far too much of an obvious act 1 with zero resolution to anything.

Makes you wonder what was done in editing when Vin decided its going to be 3 movies.

I bet there is another cut of X that was the 2 part version that pops off a lot harder.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think this has a reported production budget of $340M, add marketing of $80-100M to that and this does not look like it's going to turn in a profit.

It's most likely going to affect the planned sequels, either they won't happen or will have to cut down on budget by a lot.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I think this has a reported production budget of $340M, add marketing of $80-100M to that and this does not look like it's going to turn in a profit.

It's most likely going to affect the planned sequels, either they won't happen or will have to cut down on budget by a lot.
I wonder if the sequels aren't partially filmed already in that, like many of the Marvel movies, the cgi scenes are done first and then the script is tweaked around them when shooting begins.

Edit: also, this movie was boring except during some of the actions scenes which were either retarded "BOOOOO" or retarded "lol" and Jason Mimosa was awful.

• 1Garbage

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i thought fast 10 and fast 11 were filmed back to back thus justifying the cost, but apparently not - nothing has been written for fast 11 and definitely not filmed. The story deal just got signed recently, doubt anything has happened due to the writers strike, and I am 100% sure that once Vin Diesel sees how badly the Flash bombed he will demand a new writer