Father beats up man found molesting his son

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You could follow him around kicking his ass. Pretty sure you could do that a few times before you ever really get into trouble.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Neither would I, but I'd also expect to spend the rest of my life in jail because what I had just done was cold blooded murder and there were zero mitigating circumstances to excuse my crime.
Jury Nullification excuses your "crime".

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Which is great for you and the other 20 jurors in the US who even know what that is.

OneofOne

A shame is judges threatening and actually holding lawyers in contempt of court for even mentioning this exists. Hell, the SCOTUS has ruled that you're even allowed to lie and say JN doesn't exist, while having ruled several times that we have the right of JN. Shit's mindboggling. More people really need to understand this option we have.

OneofOne

I wasn't trying to imply it was an actual enshrined "right" such as those found in the Bill of Rights, only that it is a legal option that you may freely exercise. On the same hand, the court system does everything in its' power to keep us in the dark about this.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
A rather infamous local pedo died a few years ago. Shortly before he died there was a strong rumour that one of the boys he'd molested way back when had grown up to become a successful stockbroker. Every few months the stockbroker would hire a couple of goons to beat the living crap out of the pedo, while he watched.