Favorite Awesome and Absurd Action Movies

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
1646888990404.png

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Dredd, it’s both serious and over the top.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can't leave out The Quest. Second half is another Bloodsport/Lionheart/Kickboxer, while the first half is almost completely unrelated and has him as a clown evading gangsters/police, a pirate, and a slave.
I don't remember everything of that movie but I did enjoy it as a kid. I just watched no surrender an it is so damn bad

Homsar

1:30 mark really gets it going

Last edited:
  • 2Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
another movie almost on the level of silliness as Megaforce
iu

its a really great movie. Richard E Grant is being a drama queen when he says its a bad movie. i saw it in the theater and everyone was clapping at the end.
speaking of an over the top movie
iu

this was also a lot of fun. just the nostalgia factor alone makes it enjoyable.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
iu

its a really great movie. Richard E Grant is being a drama queen when he says its a bad movie. i saw it in the theater and everyone was clapping at the end.

OR WOULD YOU RATHER BE A FISH

Thanks for reminding me that song exists. Hudson Hawk is one of those really odd films that is both terrible yet very watchable at the same time. It's hard to explain.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
OR WOULD YOU RATHER BE A FISH

Thanks for reminding me that song exists. Hudson Hawk is one of those really odd films that is both terrible yet very watchable at the same time. It's hard to explain.
there are so many ridiculous set pieces in that movie, your brain tells you to fuck off and leaves for two hours while you chuckle like a moron at it.
shit, now i want to watch it again.

Homsar

iu

speaking of an over the top movie
iu

this was also a lot of fun. just the nostalgia factor alone makes it enjoyable.
I remember watching Hudsen hawk with my dad and he was so pissed off at the reviews of that movie Lol. That's a good one

The last boy scout with Willis/Wayne was another movie he hated the reviews on but I think watching movies with a son/grandson can skew the movies

Escape from LA, my dad took me out of school to watch it with him and so I've had a thing for that movie before he had to leave.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I remember watching Hudsen hawk with my dad and he was so pissed off at the reviews of that movie Lol. That's a good one.
movie critics tend to be assholes who put everything in certain boxes. comedies that are really silly get shit on because its not "highbrow" comedy. one of the funniest films i have ever seen was Kingpin. it was trashed by critics, but i dont know anyone who didnt laugh their ass off at that film. its a classic movie. critics are just not equipped to rate comedies well.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

movie critics tend to be assholes who put everything in certain boxes. comedies that are really silly get shit on because its not "highbrow" comedy. one of the funniest films i have ever seen was Kingpin. it was trashed by critics, but i dont know anyone who didnt laugh their ass off at that film. its a classic movie. critics are just not equipped to rate comedies well.
I watched kingpin the other day and it's still amazing, People trying to compare Lebowski because they had bowling back in in the day sucked

• 2Like

Burns

Is Big Trouble in Little China really an absurd action movie or does such a masterpiece transcend labels?

big-trouble-in-little-china-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

I loved the Van Damme movies as a kid, but none of them hold up today like Big Trouble, Demolition Man, or even Commando.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is Big Trouble in Little China really an absurd action movie or does such a masterpiece transcend labels?

big-trouble-in-little-china-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

I loved the Van Damme movies as a kid, but none of them hold up today like Big Trouble, Demolition Man, or even Commando.

Big Trouble In Little China is like 5th Element in that they're their own categories

• 4Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Every Kurt Russell movie is a masterpiece and should be in its on category.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users