Fear the Walking Dead

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I like how the main characters basically just fucked all the survivors in LA to save 2-3 people.
Said the exact same thing to my wife. If they're trying to make any of these characters likable (which I honestly don't even know a single character's name after the entire season) they aren't doing a very good job.

Thengel

Golden Knight of the Realm
Said the exact same thing to my wife. If they're trying to make any of these characters likable (which I honestly don't even know a single character's name after the entire season) they aren't doing a very good job.
This right here. Do not know any characters' names. That's some kind of sign.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
After a pretty promising start, I was kind of bummed how it all concluded. I really thought they would at least take the first two seasons to fully conclude the entirety of the outbreak. When in the end, season 2 is just the beginning of TheWalkingDead: LA. And as many have pointed out, this cast of characters just aren't all that likable, outside of Strand. At least the season wrapped up decently to be considered an end if I don't feel arsed to watch any more of it.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah for a show about the fall of man, it took 6 episodes to end in the same spot the main show was. On the run.

I don't like any of the characters and it's all pretty laughable how bad it is and pulled off.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There is also an inconsistency in that it sounded like the military was fortifying the suburbs even though in TWD it says the government said everyone should migrate to large cities to more easily combat the dead. I guess LA didn't get the message.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
I do admit to not being a purist and liking the fast zombies over the slow zombies.

That was quite a few Soldiers in that compound at the end, taking on slow moving zombies (which as mentioned before they did not shoot them in the head!!).

You have to work harder to make the tension in the slow zombie movies, and I never really felt any tension in this entire series. Hence why the majority of the Day of... movies are set in one location that the characters are stuck in.

And I only kind of like the blonde haired mother but that is about it from the characters we got to see.

Further the torture and then having a hand in killing so many people does not make for sympathetic characters either. The whole story was just wrong for me.

Pretty much a 5/10 for me. If there is a series after this with the same characters I have no desire to watch, unless the reviews go through the roof.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It shows the lack of enthusiasm for Season 2, we don't even have a thread for it.

I'm not going to be the one to start a new thread either.

That said, S2 Ep1 had a lot of good stuff . . . . for you to poop on!!

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I do admit to not being a purist and liking the fast zombies over the slow zombies.

That was quite a few Soldiers in that compound at the end, taking on slow moving zombies (which as mentioned before they did not shoot them in the head!!).

You have to work harder to make the tension in the slow zombie movies, and I never really felt any tension in this entire series. Hence why the majority of the Day of... movies are set in one location that the characters are stuck in.

And I only kind of like the blonde haired mother but that is about it from the characters we got to see.

Further the torture and then having a hand in killing so many people does not make for sympathetic characters either. The whole story was just wrong for me.

Pretty much a 5/10 for me. If there is a series after this with the same characters I have no desire to watch, unless the reviews go through the roof.
Very predictable writing, totally was like "dont give that girl the radio shes going to tell someone where you are". I think the only saving grace for this show is if they kill off a few of the main characters, most are forgettable.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I thought the first season really benefited by overall having a much more talented cast than the regular show did to start. That kind of flipped with the TWD after it became so popular and they were able to hire the whole cast from The Wire, but at least to start things were pretty rough.

Fearis still pretty dumb, but I would say I generally enjoyed the first season. This was a really boring season premiere though

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
this show manages to take all the dumbest parts of theWalkingDead and multiply them by 10, while also having zero interesting characters that I even remotely care about.

I think I'm done with this show. Ridiculously horrible season premiere. Maybe if that was a mid-season episode it would be acceptable, but that's how you kick off a new season? That's the highlight and we're only going downhill from there? Yikes.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm still protesting how AMC does things but I liked the first season of this. I noticed my DVR recorded it last night so I guess AMC gets their credit regardless of what I do.
Figured I would come here and see what people thought of it as usually premiers are better than the most of the season. Sad to hear the actual show wasn't that good to popular opinion.
Think I will just drop out of this series as well and catch season 2 at once on netflix in a year or two.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I think they must have done a large cut of the budget. There was virtually no action ( dark stuff on the beach at the start ) and then just out on the water.

Then some of the SFX shots of the smoke and up-turned yacht looked like from a 'The Asylum' movie.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also the prepared guy planning on taking his boat down to SD because of the military bases is like the exact opposite of what I would recommend. If the wheels have come off society the last thing you want to do is head into an area where any pirates are likely immensely heavily armed either being former military themselves or scavenging from military bases. If you have enough supplies go out to deep water away from any area of interest and stay there a month or two. Listen to the radio if you get information that makes it sound like some area is weathering the storm well then maybe its time to head there but even then probably best to just aim at some place small with low population to resupply and just hang out for as long as possible.

Ganthorn

N00b
Also the prepared guy planning on taking his boat down to SD because of the military bases is like the exact opposite of what I would recommend. If the wheels have come off society the last thing you want to do is head into an area where any pirates are likely immensely heavily armed either being former military themselves or scavenging from military bases. If you have enough supplies go out to deep water away from any area of interest and stay there a month or two. Listen to the radio if you get information that makes it sound like some area is weathering the storm well then maybe its time to head there but even then probably best to just aim at some place small with low population to resupply and just hang out for as long as possible.
That is what I was thinking either go north or south and pop in some low population area to resupply

Oldbased

> Than U
Exactly the sort of thinking that would give you a serious leg up in the world. It doesn't have to be zombies. It can be a nuclear war, highly infectious virus or something too. For such a small group they wouldn't need a big zone for supplies anyways. When things got tight land out on a small town and by small I mean like hundreds max when things were good. All you need early on is a small store to have most what you need for a few more months. Build information, develop plans, horde supplies. Fuel, food and even water at this point is still going to be available near everyplace. Every home is a treasure trove.