Fear the Walking Dead

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm still trying to figure out what this show is supposed to be accomplishing. When they were originally talking about the show, they said it was going to be set during the time when Rick was in the hospital, to show when and how humanity started to break down. And that would've actually been interesting, but they seem to have zoomed through that entire premise within the first six episodes, so now we basically haveWalkingDead: California Edition. Except this version really doesn't have any of the drama that drove the early seasons of TWD. The biggest conflicts we have at this point is Strand being the only one with a brain and the mom and dad being passive aggressive towards each other.

Also the prepared guy planning on taking his boat down to SD because of the military bases is like the exact opposite of what I would recommend. If the wheels have come off society the last thing you want to do is head into an area where any pirates are likely immensely heavily armed either being former military themselves or scavenging from military bases. If you have enough supplies go out to deep water away from any area of interest and stay there a month or two. Listen to the radio if you get information that makes it sound like some area is weathering the storm well then maybe its time to head there but even then probably best to just aim at some place small with low population to resupply and just hang out for as long as possible.
Not to mention the fact that the guy literally just escaped from being held in a military compound, so his first plan is to run back to the military?

Goatface

sorta interesting, timeline wise
the last 4 FTWD happen over days 14-16
on TWD, that is when Shane went to the hospital to see Rick and then Shane, Lori and Carl heading to Atlanta.
another 43 days till Rick wakes up

Debase

N00b
Not to mention the fact that the guy literally just escaped from being held in a military compound, so his first plan is to run back to the military?
I think that they aren't going out of their way to hide the fact that Strand is manipulating the other people for his purposes. I have 0 belief that his intention is to drive the boat down to San Diego. He needs the naive/desperate people with him to believe it enough to come along.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I liked last nights episode. They are still in that frame of mind where they are not hesitant to trust strangers and we see the results. One of the few times they've shown a child zombie.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Something tells me that we are being led to believe he is a drug smuggler and it will end up being nothing that sinister. Or it will turn into a redemption story or some shit with annoying flashbacks.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I just want to know why it is apparently impossible to have aWalkingDead show without including at least one character that I absolutely would love to watch be dismembered and eaten by zombies. Right now the Mexican kid is the top of my list. So fucking mopey and angsty, I really wish he'd just die. In season 1 it was mostly the druggy kid, but he's sort of turned it around a bit and isn't terrible.

The funny thing is, Z Nation, while widely considered an inferior show, does a good job of every character being fairly solid in terms of not being a pussy (or an incompetent idiot) at least. You still might not like some of them, but I bet the people that watch it can't point to any character and say that they absolutely despise them, like they can with either of theWalkingDead shows. Maybe Citizen Z or Murphy, but CZ hasn't been on much the last season, and Murphy is hilarious, and meant to be the way he is.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just want to know why it is apparently impossible to have aWalkingDead show without including at least one character that I absolutely would love to watch be dismembered and eaten by zombies. Right now the Mexican kid is the top of my list. So fucking mopey and angsty, I really wish he'd just die. In season 1 it was mostly the druggy kid, but he's sort of turned it around a bit and isn't terrible.

The funny thing is, Z Nation, while widely considered an inferior show, does a good job of every character being fairly solid in terms of not being a pussy (or an incompetent idiot) at least. You still might not like some of them, but I bet the people that watch it can't point to any character and say that they absolutely despise them, like they can with either of theWalkingDead shows. Maybe Citizen Z or Murphy, but CZ hasn't been on much the last season, and Murphy is hilarious, and meant to be the way he is.
That scene at the fence makes me think he might end up being one of the better members of the group, the dad on the other hand is a complete pussy who is trying to cling to civilization.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That scene at the fence makes me think he might end up being one of the better members of the group, the dad on the other hand is a complete pussy who is trying to cling to civilization.
Or the kid goes mental and chops a non-zombie into little pieces someday soon. Sure, he could turn it around and become a badass eventually, but right now he's insufferable, and I'm not sure I even want him to become watchable.

Granted, I don't like many on the show much besides Old Man El Salvador, possibly Strand depending upon where this stuff leads, and my irrational love for the main daughter simply because she was awesome in The 100 and I can't wait until she gets all dirty and covered in blood and starts killing fuckers. Which, let's be honest, that hope is about 95% of the reason I even watch the show. The other 5% is because apparently I enjoy abusing myself and have to watch anythingWalkingDead.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>

Most people are stupid and as a result most people want sappy shitty characters they can sort of relate to. I don't really know if that's a great rationalization for why people the world of TWD act the way they do, but it's all I can come up with. Personally, I don't think it would take me very long to not give one single fuck about anyone but myself after watching all of LA get napalmed, but maybe hanging on the internet with you guys for so long has turned me cynical.

I wasn't as impressed with season 2 of Z Nation, but I'll state without hesitation that it is amuchbetter show than either of the TWD offerings. It's also a different show obviously, and much more comedic. But they are better with their zombie lore, and much better with their characters acting in a more consistent manner.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yup after moping about his mom I think he has come to the realization this is what it is now and is starting to deal with it. If you have some T'ed up zombies to take your anger out on so much the better.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was a pretty good episode. It's kind of weird seeing people inWalkingDead that still have not learned their lesson about trusting people. Then I have to remember it's new people.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
They must have thought the season 2 theme of boredom was such a hit on the main show that it was worth bringing it over here.