Fear the Walking Dead

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Juvarisx

Florida
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Fear the Walking Dead

Genre: Drama, Horror

First aired: 2015-08-23

Creator: Dave Erickson, Robert Kirkman

Cast: Kim Dickens, Frank Dillane, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Colman Domingo, Rubén Blades, Danay García, Cliff Curtis, Lorenzo James Henrie, Daniel Sharman, Mercedes Mason, Garret Dillahunt, Lennie James, Maggie Grace, Jenna Elfman, Sam Underwood

Overview: What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in "The Walking Dead"? This spin-off set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world, will answer that question.

Juvarisx

Florida
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]View attachment 78819[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Fear the Walking Dead[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-08-23[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]What did the world look like as it was transforming into the horrifying apocalypse depicted in "The Walking Dead"? This spin-off set in Los Angeles, following new characters as they face the beginning of the end of the world, will answer that question.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Starts August 23rd, season 1 is 6 episodes like The Walking Dead was

"Set in Los Angeles, the series follows a divorced male teacher, a female guidance counselor, and her two children-a son and a daughter-in the opening stages of the zombie apocalypse as they come to terms with the impending collapse of civilization"

Trailer:

Comic-con Panel:

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Should be pretty cool to see the 'shit hitting the fan' how it plays out etc. From the looks of it, it seems like they've got a decent sized budget and should be able to do it well.

mopoke

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That one is blocked for me, but I found another one. I hope I can get it somewhere when it starts.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I dunno, unless they are going to go into detail about what actually caused it all to happen...I'm not really interested. I don't love Walking Dead enough anymore to be all excited for a rehash of it from a different perspective.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This one is more about the lead up and the fall it seems which could be interesting depending how they do it.

Debase

N00b
Does it have a planned length?
Goal, as it is described by Kirkman, is for it to eventually catch-up to the timeframe of the main show and continue to follow in parallel (with potential crossovers) for some amount of time.... likely as long as both are popular and able to keep making unique storylines that people care about. Fear has already been approved for 2 seasons, then they'll see what the popularity is.

Much like True Detective Season 2, the viewership of the fanbase will almost certainly ensure Fear is a big success for a few years regardless of quality.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I dig the trailers. I laugh and make fun of TWD more than anything, but maybe with the new setting and characters in this, it will be the better of the two. Not being in some shitty woods every season will be an improvement on its own.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
I dig the trailers. I laugh and make fun of TWD more than anything, but maybe with the new setting and characters in this, it will be the better of the two. Not being in some shitty woods every season will be an improvement on its own.
Oh I think you will still get your laughs, just look at the lead kids. There is no way they wont be whiney metroes wearing skinny jeans for at least three seasons.

Debase

N00b
I just hope they don't speed through the collapse too quickly. In Max Brooks' WWZ, some of the best chapters are the collapse, panic, failed military response, misinformation, people starving and fighting for resources, reported safe havens, etc. I almost hope the first season can have swings back and forth where it looks like balance might be restored and the outbreak quelled.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
I have a running bet with my wife that we won't actually see a "real" walker until the next-to-last or last episode. There will be plenty of misdirection with junkies/homeless people, but no full-frame shot walker till the end. Instead we will get a family/work drama about living in LA.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i cant believe AMC would spend big money on this when they are so fucking cheap when it comes to everything else. i bet what you see in the trailer was the majority of the budget and the show itself will be drama about the stuff that happened in the trailer.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Id like to see a lot of the military response stuff. One of the things I never got in the show was the flashbacks where the military starts killing all the civilians on the highway. Will be interesting but maybe Cliche.

I liked the movie "The Crazies" with timothy olyphant actually, kind of a similiar idea.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Goal, as it is described by Kirkman, is for it to eventually catch-up to the timeframe of the main show and continue to follow in parallel (with potential crossovers) for some amount of time....
They're gonna have to really rush this along or have Rick and Crew dick around on a farm for another season, but I guess it would be cool? Was kinda hoping this would be in the same world, but, ummm, better? Like more no stealth zombies at the very least. But what they gonna do if they meet up in Texas and the L.A. crew is confused why the Atlanta crew constantly holds philosophical roundtables before doing anything and walks/falls backwards anytime the dramatic music gets loud.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
A problem I can see is that, yeah we're all going to watch these first few episodes / first season. To see the collapse and how it all plays out. And done right it should be really cool.

And that will likely be the whole first season. But then after that . . . we see as the central characters find some 'safe' zone & method of survival. And its jumped the shark.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
So, this is their backup plan encase the original staff decides to ask for too much money? Test the market and sneak out of royalties.

Debase

N00b
A problem I can see is that, yeah we're all going to watch these first few episodes / first season. To see the collapse and how it all plays out. And done right it should be really cool.

And that will likely be the whole first season. But then after that . . . we see as the central characters find some 'safe' zone & method of survival. And its jumped the shark.
I was thinking about this the other day. After the initial collapse, its going to be a challenge to operate two shows off the same premise without making them both seem lesser, redundant or played out. My only thought is that they'll have to play out the differences in the environment. Earthquakes, beach, extreme drought. Goes without saying that the environment and people in California are worlds different than those in Georgia, so there should be some interesting storylines to milk there. Enough to keep it divergent from the other show? I definitely have reservations.

That said, I end up watching a lot of redundant garbage from the zombie genre, so I could see this being just one more guilty pleasure in a couple years.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database