Fear the Walking Dead

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If they don't end the world by episode 6, then it's just a really, really shitty drama about a bunch of nobodies. Not a great way to get people excited for season 2...

Goatface

if i understand the timeline, rick got shot just before this started, so about 2 weeks till everything goes to hell. i wouldn't be surprised if s1 and s2 both just deal with the 1st month.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Sling TV shit the bed while my wife was trying to watch this. AMC needs to get on a big boy streaming service.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you didn't like episode 1, word has it that it goes down hill from here. TV critics got a few episodes in advance and they have said ep 1 is by far the best of the bunch.

My expectations for this series have been driven so low over the years, I thought this was a pretty fine effort at a prequel story.

The step-kid, 2nd marriage aspect is a different dynamic, and the step-dad is a great character. The writing was better. All the details seemed to make sense, whereas they were bungled for years on the first show. No real, "WTF" moments, where they were a dime a dozen on the previous show.

Oldbased

> Than U
It isn't I didn't like EP1 it was just filled with so much random bullshit that at times it made little sense and when events were happening that were involved in the real story, which is the 8 billion people's fate and not the fucked up Cali family, was drowned out for it.
The Last Ship did it last night as well where if you watched that they had a scene where stuff was going to hell, cliffhanger commercial break to come back and everyone is arriving back to safety all fucked up.

Did I miss it or did we still miss what caused the virus.

Goatface

kirkman said will never learn the cause of the virus. his biggest regret on show was explaining what they did with the cdc arc.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
They also seem to have retconned the whole notion that dead people take 12-72 hours to reanimate.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
The artistic black guy is Randy Wagstaff from The Wire, so it looks like that are keeping with that tradition from the main show.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They also seem to have retconned the whole notion that dead people take 12-72 hours to reanimate.
Seem to recall people reanimating quicker at times - didn't Rick's Lt reanimate pretty damn quick too?

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
rrr_img_107302.jpg

Debase

N00b
Seem to recall people reanimating quicker at times - didn't Rick's Lt reanimate pretty damn quick too?
In the ill-conceived CDC episode from the main show, the doctor explained that reanimation took minutes to days. As evidenced by Shane, reanimation time is basically whatever supports the story arc best. Similar in the comic.

As for the comments that this would expand much more quickly, I would agree under the premise that everyone is already infected, but in reality, we're almost certainly looking at a stage when few people are infected. It's really less plausible that everyone in the world instantly wakes up infected and will reanimate upon death from that moment on.

Overall, was about what I expected from episode 1. Lots of character development. Few zombies. I agree that some of the pacing was bad and several of the characters are weak, but those wanting complete societal collapse in episode 1 (or episode 6) are missing the point. Much like in World War Z, I hope that human behavior leads to then collapse more than zombie population.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They need to bring the Governor back just so he can drop all those teen kids into a pit of walkers. Improves the show 1000%.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
It seemed like they were hinting that maybe the flu shot is to blame for the spread.

Cybsled

1st season it took people a while to reanimate, more along the line of hours vs. minutes (kind of like original Dawn of the Dead). Then they made it far quicker as the show went on...like less than a minute quicker.

With slow zombies, the only realistic way they would take over is if you had rapid reanimation, because the only thing slow zombies have going for them in that scenario is the element of surprise initially. With slow reanimation, if someone died in the middle of the night, you'd have time to wake up the next day and cook breakfast. If they reanimate in less than a minute, then the same scenario would result in lots of victims (and thus more zombies).

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don't think it's limited to what we've seen though. The pimply faced kid mentioned there have been 5-6 reports in other cities and thinks they are connected. Previews seem to indicate it's going to ramp up, I'm going to give it at least another episode. I also read that they already are planning a 15 episode season 2 which means they probably aren't going full on 'end of the world' by episode 6.
If this was a brand new story I think they could go slow. But where their core audience is coming off a much more action packed, farther version of the story it will be hard to take their time.

I mean 90 minutes and we saw two zombies. One in minute 2 and one in minute 88. I'm ok with it not being zombie fest but literally less than 15 minutes was spent on the main story and the rest was bs backstory that won't matter in 3 episodes

The main series started with rick waking up and being immersed right away and I had hoped they would follow that path.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The junkie kid's rain-man shtick is a big red flag. That kid is gonna set people's teeth on edge when the show starts pouring on its inevitable filler episodes.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Well, they're probably going to do the typical, cliche junkie-redemption arc. Things will fall apart, he'll step up, then a little later he'll come across a convenient drug stash, fall off the wagon for a bit, then redeem himself again.