Fear the Walking Dead

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Their only option is to make this the higher quality, less cheesy, awesomer show. If it just becomes another moral lecture of the week, then.... people will probably still watch the shit out of it?

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
More previews. It says in the video that this show will cover the months Rick was in a coma though he may just mean the first season. I do hope they keep it in an urban environment, Day of the Dead style series.

alt link because AMC is stupidhttps://youtu.be/Y37kPIvzhJ0

"In many cases the infrastructure becomes a trap in and of itself", I like this quote, hope they actually thought this thing through instead of plot feelz guiding the story.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well I enjoyed the first episode. I'll give it some time. I lost interest in The Walking Dead in the second season. I'm hoping this is more interesting.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'll thought this was trash. 90 minutes of building tension without building tension. The druggie son story is awful.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, they are sticking to what works, obviously. And by that I mean killing black guys. At least one, possibly two!

I'll keep watching because it has Lexa from The 100, who isn't quite as smudged and dirty (and thus somehow hotter) as The 100 yet, but she still has time!

It wasn't great, but I'm hoping that once they actually get into the real zombie shit it will get better, since hopefully we won't have to deal with crap storylines like druggy son and angsty daughter.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Well, they are sticking to what works, obviously. And by that I mean killing black guys. At least one, possibly two!
With all the bruthas on the show they can pull a tdawg each episode, and of course the black guy had to be the drug dealer...didn't see that coming. I would of used spoiler tags but cmon they aren't fooling anyone.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
That whole episode was just too slow, we're all watching this to see the playing out of the end of civilization, not a family drama.

Watching it I found myself thinking that Shaun of the Dead did it better.

First scene with him waking up and looking for his girlfriend was a good start but then, lets set up a bunch of characters for an hour.

Oh and sidenote, I was getting ads for the next season of TWD.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
The build up was not near as intense as I had hoped. Though I did like the heroin kid a lot more than I expected though that was more me thinking he was the bastard child of Jim Morrison and Fredo Corleone in the zombie apocalypse which made me giggle.

Northerner

N00b
Yeah, I know they are trying for character development and all that but I just don't *like* any of them so far. Dad is fine but if Mom and addict-boy killed each other next episode, that would be great!

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I expected it to be slow considering these are all new characters and they are going to spend an episode setting them up. Considering it's only 6 episodes I expect shit to hit the fan quick. I wish it wasn't centered around just one family. Also, fuck Sling TV for crapping out twice during the episode.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
It's just too slow. Let's say what we have seen is it. 3-4 zombies leave the church. It would spread quicker in 3-4 days than its has. I mean they have videos of that one on the highway. But LA county has what, 10 million people? How many die a day naturally? Couple hundred? In the 3-4 days of this show between natural death and the zombies spreading there should be thousands of zombies loos in the city.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I agree with others, it started slow, but that is to be expected with episode 1. It looks like shit hits the fan quickly which is what I'm really interested in seeing.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's just too slow. Let's say what we have seen is it. 3-4 zombies leave the church. It would spread quicker in 3-4 days than its has. I mean they have videos of that one on the highway. But LA county has what, 10 million people? How many die a day naturally? Couple hundred? In the 3-4 days of this show between natural death and the zombies spreading there should be thousands of zombies loos in the city.
I don't think it's limited to what we've seen though. The pimply faced kid mentioned there have been 5-6 reports in other cities and thinks they are connected. Previews seem to indicate it's going to ramp up, I'm going to give it at least another episode. I also read that they already are planning a 15 episode season 2 which means they probably aren't going full on 'end of the world' by episode 6.