Final Fantasy 16

Chris

Potato del Grande
The Steam Deck will be worth it just for this feature.

View attachment 478960
I stream PS4 games to my phone like this with a Razer attachment, it's exactly the same configuration and works perfectly.

PS5 has the same option.

Edit: Missed the other replies. If the official app is laggy get PSPlay from app store, it's a paid 3rd party app but worked better for me.

spronk

FPS noob

not as high as I thought it'd be but then again probably retarded "journalists" bitching about no black people or lesbians too i'm sure

12 hours to US release digital

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I guess I’m getting digital this time. No where has release day delivery.

I checked Amazon to make sure the July 6 ship date wasn’t a display error. The CS guy said they had trouble getting the item in a hub near me…I live near their largest distribution center in the country….and I’m a one day driving distance of almost every one in the country. It sounds like this game just sold like crazy or had a small supply.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme

I checked Amazon to make sure the July 6 ship date wasn’t a display error. The CS guy said they had trouble getting the item in a hub near me…I live near their largest distribution center in the country….and I’m a one day driving distance of almost every one in the country. It sounds like this game just sold like crazy or had a small supply.
I'll buy the dodgy PC port sometime next year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

I was able to cancel my Amazon order last week and get it at Best Buy for release day for in store pick up. But now it looks like it is too late for that if you didnt do it already. But it did remind me to cancel Armored Core on Amazon and switch to Best Buy. Amazon cant ship games on release day anymore.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

not as high as I thought it'd be but then again probably retarded "journalists" bitching about no black people or lesbians too i'm sure

12 hours to US release digital
It's probably a good game but I refuse to listen to any reviews, except from the players. Journalists and click baiters need ad revenue, so they can't afford to piss off their clients by telling the truth.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

digital foundry review. tl;dr its one of the most polished release games, quality mode is fantastic, perf mode is good but could use some improvements

i believe there is a 300 meg day 1 patch which won't release till tonight

What I'm reading and seeing in all of this is "play on resolution mode". Normally I'd go with framerate mode, but here the visuals are so much better on resolution mode and it has a lot of very impressive light effects. Framerate mode slashes the graphics to bring you a wildly inconsistent framerate anyway. Hopefully resolution mode isn't stuck on 30 all the time.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m avoiding as many spoilers as I can, so I’ve only listened to the ACG spoiler free audio review, but he mentions the game being action final fantasy with very little real RPG and the game not having much at all in terms of open world exploration. That really worries me since my favorite parts of FF are traditional RPG elements and exploring (I loved the way they handled FF12 in those regards). I did enjoy the 16 demo though so here’s to hoping for the best! What have you all heard about the on-rails vs open world for 16?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Main thing I've noticed between a couple spoiler free reviews is talk of sidequests. Early on, sounds like a lot of basic fetch stuff, but later stuff sounds involved and important, also apparently small stuff can lead to much more in depth stuff.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I’m avoiding as many spoilers as I can, so I’ve only listened to the ACG spoiler free audio review, but he mentions the game being action final fantasy with very little real RPG and the game not having much at all in terms of open world exploration.

Also sounds like the story is completely predictable and uninspired which is pretty disappointing given how excited people were for the "game of thrones" vibe of the demo.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Also sounds like the story is completely predictable and uninspired which is pretty disappointing given how excited people were for the "game of thrones" vibe of the demo.
so was game of thrones.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

digital foundry review. tl;dr its one of the most polished release games, quality mode is fantastic, perf mode is good but could use some improvements

i believe there is a 300 meg day 1 patch which won't release till tonight
Extreme spoilers in the DF video, fyi.

Also, performance seems kinda ass. Mostly 30fps in Quality mode, but it dips. Performance mode isn't locked at 60 unless you're in combat, and will drop quite a bit while outside combat.

Merrith

Playing through the demo again just to get in the mode for midnight. I'm going to walk into work on 2 hours of sleep and need about 3 coffees to function, but fuck it.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
I caved and preordered it, downloading now.....................

Told the wife I was busy tomorrow too.

• 2Like

Malakriss

Game is gorgeous, only played 2 hours but the map/zone progression feels FFX-like so far. Plenty of story cutscenes with combat spread in between, if you can successfully dodge you will do well but if you can parry you will dominate.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Beat Benedicta (Garuda chick), gonna call it a night for now. Only using auto dog ring for "cheat" items. Environments look fantastic.