Final Fantasy 16

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Getting this tomorrow morning. So should I play this on graphics or performance mode?

Was looking forward to playing something on graphics since reviews were saying the lighting effects are really good on that mode. If it's all motion blurred and messed-up though...

Also I hope you can change the difficulty mid-game, cause I picked "Story" before the demo and that's the save I've got for the game. Would rather switch to Action. If I have to start over that's fine, probably understand the beginning a lot better.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Getting this tomorrow morning. So should I play this on graphics or performance mode?

Was looking forward to playing something on graphics since reviews were saying the lighting effects are really good on that mode. If it's all motion blurred and messed-up though...

Also I hope you can change the difficulty mid-game, cause I picked "Story" before the demo and that's the save I've got for the game. Would rather switch to Action. If I have to start over that's fine, probably understand the beginning a lot better.
I mean I haven't noticed graphics mode being bad. Seemed fine to me but I haven't compared it so /shrug. As for story mode I think that might just mean your super power augments are auto equipped? No clue. I mean it's only like 1 hour anyways if you have to start over.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Description of story difficulty made it sound it just the cheating accessories being auto equipped at the start, you can remove them(or equip them after choosing action). I've been playing on performance for higher fps but it does look muddy and weird every now and then. Motion blur kinda makes it whatever though, it's pretty heavily applied, it at least doesn't make me sick like FF Type-0 but yeah. Can pick graphics if you prefer, it'll look better but 30 FPS feels like shit imo.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Seems like the accessibility options are pretty good.

On the other hand, the Twitter ratios and sea of comments ripping that review apart didn't disappoint.

1687590255269.png

1687590194802.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Medieval Europe is as exotic to Japanese people as Medieval Japan is to us.

Nobody in The West will ever make a game set in Medieval Africa because they will frel racist having mud huts and you can just have an anachronistic black person in a Medieval Europe game.

Personally I think that a survival open world game playing as a Masai Warrior on his quest to build his tribe and get multiple wives would be pretty great. The endgame can be convincing a white liberal leftist NGO worker that polygamy is empowering (this actually happened a few years ago).

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On holiday till the 29th so definitely reading comments on here with interest. Most likely will pick this up when I return though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I love that this game has an actual Thunder God Cid

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jesus Christ the PS5 disk drive is loud when installing.

Also had a panic when the screen went static on updating the PS5 and had to unplug and replug the HDMI.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Couldn't wait until I finished d4 to start. Love it so far. My only hangup is I haven't used a playstation controller since the ps2, but I'm getting hang of it.

sukik

The story starts with a bang, just brutal. I don't remember ff15 starting this strong.

SeanDoe1z1

Description of story difficulty made it sound it just the cheating accessories being auto equipped at the start, you can remove them(or equip them after choosing action). I've been playing on performance for higher fps but it does look muddy and weird every now and then. Motion blur kinda makes it whatever though, it's pretty heavily applied, it at least doesn't make me sick like FF Type-0 but yeah. Can pick graphics if you prefer, it'll look better but 30 FPS feels like shit imo.

what’s up with the accessories anyway? I was wondering if it ported over from the demo. I

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
what’s up with the accessories anyway? I was wondering if it ported over from the demo. I
They perform various functions for you during battle. Automatically dodges, automatically parries, etc. Game Journalist trash

Chris

Potato del Grande
The boss battles are long, which is great, and they have checkpoints which is good...

...but if you die at the end of Phase 3 because you are out of potions, you respawn at the start of Phase 3 with full potions which makes it easy and less satisfying to win. And you kinda need to use the potions to learn the fight so it's not really a "get gud" thing. Would be better if you got extra potions during the fight somehow.

I guess this won't be the case in NG+

sukik

A few comments now that I've played for an hour or two.
  • The English dubs don't bother me, I also watch dubbed anime if it's available, so your mileage may vary.
  • I don't notice the motion blur or any performance issues. It might be because my tv supports "120hz"(whatever that means for tvs), or maybe I just don't notice it. Not really sure which.
  • The action mode doesn't seem that hard. I'm not really great at action games, and so far it's only been a mild challenge at times.
  • I'm glad the cheese items/mode exists. I might hit a point where I just want to finish the game If it goes into 70-80 hours.
  • It's a refreshing throw back. The men are fit and the women are attractive. Not the fugly asexual blobs that will soon dominate modern western games.
  • The story has pulled me in. Can't wait to see where it goes.
  • The big magic monster battles are a cool.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
after Elden ring this almost feels like a mobile auto play game in its combat. I think the graphics/cinematic alone almost justify the cost of entry on this one however

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
A few comments now that I've played for an hour or two.
  • The English dubs don't bother me, I also watch dubbed anime if it's available, so your mileage may vary.

The game doesnt have an English dub. It was made in English. Japanese players playing with the Japanese dub have to deal with bad lip syncing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user