Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sinzar & Tiphares would it be possible to open 2 more friend slots for my gf and an IRL friend for some Henne mine carries? Ill let you guys know if were ever go inactive but well probo be playing a while

Nightrun

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can you guys recommend a good site that has some current meta equipment builds. I think I am at the point where I wanna start working towards TMR rewards and taking down some harder trials

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Sinzar & Tiphares would it be possible to open 2 more friend slots for my gf and an IRL friend for some Henne mine carries? Ill let you guys know if were ever go inactive but well probo be playing a while
Sure. I have some slots open. Just put FoH in the comment please. 082,714,846

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Number one priority is Dual Wield (including Genji Glove which is even higher priority). If you don't have Tilith as your healer than Doublecast is high up there too.

After that the rule of thumb is to work on one character at a time. Focus on getting TMRs for your best damage dealer and work to gear that unit up as much as possible before moving on. Tanks, healers and support can get by with event gear but a damage dealer really needs TMRs to shine.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I really wish raids only lasted a week. The last few days have been a chore. I just want to maintain my rank is all. Any thoughts on the Dr Cid challenge tomorrow?

Vinen

God is dead
I really wish raids only lasted a week. The last few days have been a chore. I just want to maintain my rank is all. Any thoughts on the Dr Cid challenge tomorrow?

This raid was exceptionally useless. The gacha is the worst of any raid since I started playing.
I stopped doing it a few days ago since i don't even get the benefit of Rank XP anymore.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Agree totally on raids. I was maintaining around 450 rank for the first week, but on week two I said a few extra summon tickets wasn't worth my sanity, so I've been farming ELT instead for brainless repeat auto-win kills, but dropped to around 1500 rank as a result.

For Dr. Cid trial, my plan is WoL, Tilith, Rikku, Ace, Zyrus (5 man team for mission)

Ace will wield holy rod, and tri-laser then wildcard x3 on Cid w/ Diabolos esper (-125% holy imperil, maneater).
Zyrus will Waterga (for mission) then use stacking Blood Pulsar on Cid.

When it's time to finish Famfrit, Ace will switch to only tri-laser or spirit deck, while Zyrus will dualcast Flare (-125% fire imperil).

Mog king trial fights seem to be very easy compared to real trials, so I expect no problems. Assuming it goes as planned, I'll swap my friend to my enhanced Ace for a day if people want to run the same setup.

Last edited:

GonzytheMage

Is their a reason to use Marie and Rikku in the same party? I feel like I'm over compensating with buffs when I do trials or more specifically not understanding how buffs interact with each other.

Does barthundaga, love you all, and hyper nullall stack for example? Does Wilhelms LB stack with hyper nullall?

I've got Gilgamesh and the octopus teacher trial left to beat when nrg permits. Perhaps someone could help me understand how to best synergize my units for better effectiveness.

Tanks: WoL, Wilhelm
Healer: Refia
Support: Rikku, Marie, Noctis, Ling
Dps: Freyvia, DKC, some other chainers.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Only the highest buff applies, so if you for example used BarThundaga, Love You All, and Hyper NullAll, the end result for your team would be:
+70% thunder resist
+50% all other resists
+30% total damage mitigation

From the units you listed, I'd put WoL, Refia, and Rikku on nearly every trial team as the core, which covers tank, break, heal, mitigation, and resist. For the two DPS slots probably Fryevia and Noctis.

Willhelm and Marie can shine in niche scenarios, but if you don't need ultimate tankability, or a minimum of 70% resist buffs, then both of them lose out to the wider versatility of WoL or Rikku. DKC (enhanced) is a far superior DPS than Noctis, but I think in general the emergency raise, breaks, cover, and just overall versatility of Noctis can be more useful in general (for trial fights).

Ling's your only unit listed to provide team mana sustain, so if you're going into a long trial where that's important, load her up with auto-refresh materia/gear and have her keep using mana dance.

For something like one shotting a raid for farming, I'd use WoL (def/spr breaks), with Fryevia, DKC, and some of your chainers.

GonzytheMage

Only the highest buff applies, so if you for example used BarThundaga, Love You All, and Hyper NullAll, the end result for your team would be:
+70% thunder resist
+50% all other resists
+30% total damage mitigation

From the units you listed, I'd put WoL, Refia, and Rikku on nearly every trial team as the core, which covers tank, break, heal, mitigation, and resist. For the two DPS slots probably Fryevia and Noctis.

Willhelm and Marie can shine in niche scenarios, but if you don't need ultimate tankability, or a minimum of 70% resist buffs, then both of them lose out to the wider versatility of WoL or Rikku. DKC (enhanced) is a far superior DPS than Noctis, but I think in general the emergency raise, breaks, cover, and just overall versatility of Noctis can be more useful in general (for trial fights).

Ling's your only unit listed to provide team mana sustain, so if you're going into a long trial where that's important, load her up with auto-refresh materia/gear and have her keep using mana dance.

For something like one shotting a raid for farming, I'd use WoL (def/spr breaks), with Fryevia, DKC, and some of your chainers.

Alright so basically you are saying unless an effect is so deadly you need to resist and mitigate the damage then using Rikkus mitigation is enough to survive.

What made me so gun shy was the holy shit damage from the dark espers. I got 3/4 stars but I had units die. I tried to get as much resist gear on as I could but needing two turns to get Rikku going lead to people dying early on. Thus got me started down the path of buffing everything forever and eventually dropping Rikku.

I suppose I could try equipping the crafted resist spells on Refia because she doesn't have alot to do on turn 1.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Special fight against Doctor Cid wasn't too bad really. I went with my planned team of WoL, Tilith, Rikku, Ace, Zyrus and didn't have any problems.
Can see a video of my clear here: Doctor Cid and Famfrit

I'll leave my Ace with the same setup as my friend unit for a day in case anyone wants to use him for this boss, then swap back to Ashe for event synergy tomorrow.

I'm glad King Mog raid is done! I have like 575k coins, and that's after using all of the coins first week and crafting 10-15 of every event item and obtaining 6 or 7 moogle TM's. I think I'm just going to vendor all those stupid coins instead of use the summons. I have way too many cactuars saved already anyhow.

Here's to hoping next week is Robot trial.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Went in mostly blind with Tilith, Rikku, WOL, Ace and friend Ace (you weren't available Sinzar so a different one). Easily beat the trial but I didn't get the Waterga challenge.

Nightrun

do you guys use macro's to farm TMR or what I feel like I play alot and only got my first one to 85% in about a month. I see there is a ton of TMR that I will need how do you guys get them so fast?

btw I just wanna say thanks to you guys who let me friend you. Without your help I wouldnt have been able to accomplish anything.

still on the fence about a team setup though I have Wol tilith fryevia all close to max lvl but also have noctis and olive both also close to max. then I have rikku that I havent even started yet. but all the things I read have her in most group setups.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
A lot of us use TMR macros during downtime weeks, but you also accumulate a bunch of trust moogles over time, so for those of us who've been playing for 9-13 months, that's multiple TMR's given for "free". Every event and trial has been cleared by plenty of people using no 5* base units and zero TMR's, so they're definitely not a requirement. They do help though.

For your team, level all of those guys! It's only a matter of time until you have way more cactuars than units to use them on.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I figured the innate water resist from Siren might be helpful, but I can swap it to Diabolos if you wanted.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i want dat kill speeeeeeed. suppose if id just gone in right away i'd already be done though

screw it just leave him as is