Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It seems to me that they intended for you to kill everything in one turn (work everything down to a sliver of life and then kill it all in one last burst) but the only ones who can do that are extreme whales. The cure is just ridiculous.

If the long method was the intended method for clearing there would be no harm in reducing respawns to something realistic. Like 1 re spawn on the right arm and 2 or 3 for left. I mean if you can clear the arms once, you can keep doing it. It's just super tedious.

The worst part is the long method doesn't get challenging until you are on the final arm when you're eating double genocides. So it's two hours of mind numbing monotony and then a short "real" fight.

Nightrun

Golden Knight of the Realm
ok question about energy usage.

would it be better for me to grind TMR, esper levels, or keep trying trials.

just need to do gilg with no items then moving on to siren/ifrit

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you think you have a realistic shot at beating a trial, that's worth doing, but if you figure your chances are bad, come back later. Leveling espers the grindy way probably isn't worth it and should be put on hold until an event or raid comes that gives a bunch of megacite. TMR's are always worth progressing.

Vinen didn't have his Emperor up when I did the robot trial (nor did anyone else) or I think I could have shaved an hour off my kill time (for the arm first version). Emperor is insanely powerful on long duration fights, and his value only goes up even more if you have a strong fire imperil from like Ace, Seven, etc.

Do you all know about the comet stack sharing trick (or is it a bug?). Emperor's Fires from Below scales to 2200% damage after max stacks, but if you then dualcast a comet afterwards (Galuf's TM) that comet will "inherit" the stacks from Fires, and because you can dualcast Comet, it will do 2200% damage x2 for 4400% non-elemental magic damage, aka the strongest attack in the game by far.

Same thing works with no TM's on Zyrus since he has a buildup skill, comet, and dualcast innately. You build Blood Pulsar up to 4 stacks (650% damage) then dualcast Comet for 1300% damage. It's no where near the power of Emperor at max stacks with the Comet TM, but it's still strong after buildup. Try it on the training dummy for amusement.

It's very likely a bug, but it's fun while it's in game.

Last edited:

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So I kept rerolling til I got Orlandeu and Gilgamesh in a single pull. Got two Zidanes and two ludmilles and a refia.

Bunch of other random stuff. I am trying hard to pull cecil off of this banner as well.

Just plowing through the story right now.

If any of you godly tier people have a spare friends slot I would be interested in leeching off of all your hard work.

Game name is Dersu
ID is 392,651,396

GonzytheMage

So I kept rerolling til I got Orlandeu and Gilgamesh in a single pull. Got two Zidanes and two ludmilles and a refia.

Bunch of other random stuff. I am trying hard to pull cecil off of this banner as well.

Just plowing through the story right now.

If any of you godly tier people have a spare friends slot I would be interested in leeching off of all your hard work.

Game name is Dersu
ID is 392,651,396

Are you sure that user number is right? 583,007,851 is my number try adding me.

Finished my two magistral crests which puts Fryevia at 892 magic and since I don't have another Fryevia or a Gilgamesh thats about as good as it's going to get for me. I have 4 defensive TM's and Marie in the rotation now so I think after Marie finishes I'll put the brakes on Lapis refills. Need some moogles from the next event to max a King then i'll give the current trial a go.

Vinen

God is dead
Are you sure that user number is right? 583,007,851 is my number try adding me.

Finished my two magistral crests which puts Fryevia at 892 magic and since I don't have another Fryevia or a Gilgamesh thats about as good as it's going to get for me. I have 4 defensive TM's and Marie in the rotation now so I think after Marie finishes I'll put the brakes on Lapis refills. Need some moogles from the next event to max a King then i'll give the current trial a go.

Thats a good amount for a F2P. My two Fry are just shy of BIS @ 1053. (NOTE: I can only take 1 to 1053 since only one cat hat).

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Creepy Mask.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Creepy Mask.
We're not too far out from a superior mage hat as a TM reward, so no worries :)

This next FFT event banner looks kind of terrible. The 5* base units seem weak, and the new 4* base units don't seem to have any special niche (Why is Melieadoul so bad... I liked her in FFT). Agrias post-enhancement (which should be "soon") is decent at least, but most veterans probably have one or more Agrias already. I know I already can field a full team of 4* synergy units without any pulls (3 Agrias and 2 Gaffgarion's in my bank). Definitely going to be another week of savings with no pulls.

I'm not going to be buying the T4 enhancement materials anymore either, since the story events flooded me with T4 mats (I think I have like 18-20 T4 powercrysts now, and that's after buffing Ace). I'll probably grind out the single T5 power and black purecryst though, but with a full team of 4* synergy units and not buying the T4 materials, I'll probably be finished this mog event in 3 days or less, so incoming 11 days of pure TM farming for me.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Oh, I thought it was only her 6* upgrade, but not the enhancements? If she's getting enhancements after maintenance that's... unexpected. Now I have to decide which is a better use of powercrysts, enhancing Agrias or DKC, can't afford both.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, I thought it was only her 6* upgrade, but not the enhancements? If she's getting enhancements after maintenance that's... unexpected. Now I have to decide which is a better use of powercrysts, enhancing Agrias or DKC, can't afford both.

One of the announcements is enhancements for her and Gaffgarion.

Nightrun

i have had her forever glad I kept her. she gonna out dps fryevia?

also I have olive she is lvl 100 but I just dont seem to ever use her I been using rikku tilith wol noctis and fryevia for all my hard stuff

who would I ideally want in the noctis slot

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
With proper gear and another to chain with (friend is fine) no one can outdps Fryevia (if the boss isn't ice resistant). Agrias's enhancements are mostly for those of us who didn't pull an Orlandeau, since she can easily build a large chain with a friend Orlandeau, or in the near future Dark Veritas.

I know Olive deals a ton of damage when you properly chain her finisher hit (I used friend Olives to 2 round ELT Ifrit raid way back, so I know how extreme her damage potential can be) but that said, I never really liked the mechanics or quirky timing of Olive.

If you have Fryevia, the optimal friend is another Fryevia, so with the team you listed the best unit to replace Noctis would be a finisher (like Olive... if you can properly time the slow hitting Olive nuke with the super fast Fryevia chains). If you do it on an emulator, you can run a macro to perfectly do the chains and finisher hit.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Nope

391,651,396 is my ID.
Request sent.

Be sure to snag the two bundle specials today. 3 tickets, star quartz, and support giantcryst for 650 lapis.

edit: I am a little disappointed I could not get 6* Agrias to higher than 840 ATK with my best gear. I guess she does not get any good ATK bonus passives. Oh well, 2x Agrias DR is good enough for a 19 elemental chain.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, I guess I'm retarded, the announcement for Gaff and Agrias was their 6*, not their enhancements. Anyway Agrias enhancements give her an extra 50% atk with greatswords.