Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Is this math assuming perfect chains for OK? Because that's a fucking joke.

The math was done at base values, no chains at all. I've heard OK is hard to chain, and also heard it's trivial if automated with an emulator, but since I don't play JP, I can't speak to either.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Something else to keep in mind, this is all with Onion having no imperil. It's not hard to give him an elemental weapon to benefit from someone elses imperil.

Say Ace is your mana battery, he can do Laser -> spirit hand x2 rotation, and now Onion has a 75% imperil to 3 elements, or bring DKC as your finisher, now Onion has 100% imperil. Hell, even just tossing out a 20% imperil from Shiva or Diabolos with your healer on turn 1 is an option.

The whole reason I got into this discussion was the idea that Onion knight was a bad character with no uses outside of his TM. That's just not true... at least that's my thoughts on the matter.

Vinen

God is dead
Something else to keep in mind, this is all with Onion having no imperil. It's not hard to give him an elemental weapon to benefit from someone elses imperil.

Say Ace is your mana battery, he can do Laser -> spirit hand x2 rotation, and now Onion has a 75% imperil to 3 elements, or bring DKC as your finisher, now Onion has 100% imperil. Hell, even just tossing out a 20% imperil from Shiva or Diabolos with your healer on turn 1 is an option.

The whole reason I got into this discussion was the idea that Onion knight was a bad character with no uses outside of his TM. That's just not true... at least that's my thoughts on the matter.

It all honesty. His biggest issue is his frames.
Without assist (be it magnification trick or macro) you are not going to see the benefits of his chains. He has as bad of frames as Tidus.

At least with Fry there is a "chance" at getting a full chain w/o assist. With OK?.. NOPE

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
His chaining window is so tight that even macros and mag gestures have trouble with his chains, and even if his chaining wasn't as bad as it is you frequently don't have room for an external source of imperil.

It's hyperbole to say that he's nothing but TM fodder, but GL players wildly overestimate how good he is. I did too until I actually started playing on JP.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
When do the bundles reset? I'm gonna go full on minnow and buy them once they do.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
When do the bundles reset? I'm gonna go full on minnow and buy them once they do.

18th seems to be a date I have in my head for them.
Looks like this update broke routers again. I had to swap in my old router. Good thing i kept it.

Edit: free stuff... get! Installing from ONE store - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki
Promo runs until the 9th. Hurry!

Can confirm promo works got all the rewards. Korea is probably going to hack my shit now though :/

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Victoria on the next banner seems interesting. Assuming they haven't changed the way stacking spells work, she can build up her Overflow to 10.6x modifier, then dualcast Fireja to inherit the stacks and deal 21.6x fire damage with dualcast. I don't know if there's any fights coming that will last longer than the 8 rounds it would take to buildup to that modifier, but it's something interesting for those of us who don't have Emperor, or for people who haven't beaten robot trial yet.

Timothy is another weird unit with some niche use even as a 5* unit. If you max his limit at 3*, then 4*, then 5*, it only takes around 20k limit experience to fully level his limit (2 big limit pots). His maxed limit is -59% fullbreak. Even geared in full survival equipment, I'm not sure he's viable on super hard content, but I'm going to be sure I pull one just to have in case.

Earth Veritas seems like a better physical damage tank than WoL, mostly because of a better base defense before modifiers, but since I already completely maxed out WoL with stat pots, I don't think I'll invest in Earth Veritas. I definitely want at least one for his TM (and to have in reserve "just in case"). For anyone who didn't pull a WoL or Cecil yet, go for Earth Veritas, he's a very good tank.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even geared in full survival equipment, I'm not sure he's viable on super hard content,

He is. O'Zack is a JP youtuber that has beaten almost all the content in the game without 5* bases or TMRs(raid TMs are an exception), and Tim is featured in like 90% of his videos. Even whales use Tim from time to time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So end result we need these guys or what

I'd definitely do daily half-off summon each day, and you're almost assured to get Timothy from one of the seven dailies. If you don't have WoL or Cecil, yes pull until you get Earth Veritas. Victoria is skippable, and you shouldn't ever chase 5* units unless you're a whale or have a huge surplus of tickets/lapis.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Right now I'm torn between dumping everything on this banner or holding on to make sure I have enough tickets to pull a pair of 9S.

• 1Solidarity

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Right now I'm torn between dumping everything on this banner or holding on to make sure I have enough tickets to pull a pair of 9S.

I've been considering trying for DV instead of OK, but honestly the 5* split on the banner really annoys me. Fire Veritas may be good, but I don't want him. Supposedly the Veritas are getting enhancements in JP next week, so I'll decide after reading what those are like (banner will still be open).

• 1Solidarity

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I am actually very interested in getting a couple of most of the next banner units. I do not have a strong mage yet and still need to do Aigaion. Plus all of the TMs are pretty great. I will definitely be doing dailies and probably throw some tickets and maybe a 10+1 at it before it goes.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I am actually very interested in getting a couple of most of the next banner units. I do not have a strong mage yet and still need to do Aigaion. Plus all of the TMs are pretty great. I will definitely be doing dailies and probably throw some tickets and maybe a 10+1 at it before it goes.

I think I'm going to do 30 tickets and daily pulls to see what happens. I don't need the finisher but having a physical chainer would be nice. I really want the next 5* healer, money will be spent there if I'm still playing.

• 1Like