Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have two cecils, neither of which are leveled up, is earth Veritboy better then cecil?

Yeah I'd take him over Cecil all day. He is probably better than WoL on fights that are immune to breaks. WoL is probably the safest tank to have in the long run though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'd take him over Cecil all day. He is probably better than WoL on fights that are immune to breaks. WoL is probably the safest tank to have in the long run though.

EV is only better than Cecil because Cecil is a terrible tank. EV isn't even in the same league as WoL, much less better.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
EV is only better than Cecil because Cecil is a terrible tank. EV isn't even in the same league as WoL, much less better.

EV has a 54% dmg reduction LB that needs 16 crystals and he has 60% counter attack chance. He also comes with a two turn provoke. His AoE cover chance is 60% but only has a 35% dmg reduction compared to WoL who has 50% dmg reduction on his AoE cover. On top of that he had an on demand 20% group damage reduction. I doubt these stack with Rikku but you could about rotate those two LBs.

WoL brings 45% breaks, ST rez, and 15% more dmg reduction when he AoE covers.

That's why I said he is close to WoL. One brings more dmg reduction. The other has breaks. EV is more like an inbetween WoL and Wilhelm.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
EV has a 54% dmg reduction LB that needs 16 crystals and he has 60% counter attack chance. He also comes with a two turn provoke. His AoE cover chance is 60% but only has a 35% dmg reduction compared to WoL who has 50% dmg reduction on his AoE cover. On top of that he had an on demand 20% group damage reduction. I doubt these stack with Rikku but you could about rotate those two LBs.

WoL brings 45% breaks, ST rez, and 15% more dmg reduction when he AoE covers.

That's why I said he is close to WoL. One brings more dmg reduction. The other has breaks. EV is more like an inbetween WoL and Wilhelm.

I had no idea what the fuck you were talking about so on a hunch I checked the gamepedia entry and sure enough they buffed the fuck out of EV for GL. So never mind, seems like EV is a perfectly viable alternative to WoL.

For reference, "1 Turn 20% Chance to Defend Allies from Phys Damage (Reduce +30% Phys./Mag. Damage)" that is EV's aoe cover ability on JP heh

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
There any way to get the unit-specific materias from old events? I pulled Delita well after the event, so I never bothered to pick up Crush Armor :(

Tiphares

Golden Squire
There any way to get the unit-specific materias from old events? I pulled Delita well after the event, so I never bothered to pick up Crush Armor :(
Nope. Not King Mog grinds. They will bring back event dungeons, though. That is why so many people say to buy everything from King Mog just in case.

edit: Any thoughts on party config for the Seraph challenge tomorrow? I'm guessing start with WoL (breaks/tank), Tillith (heals/buffs/MP), and Minfilia (Dark resist/buffs). Maybe Orlandeau equipped with Crimson sword to chain. Of course, 2xFreyevia will rock this guy as usual.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
edit: Any thoughts on party config for the Seraph challenge tomorrow? I'm guessing start with WoL (breaks/tank), Tillith (heals/buffs/MP), and Minfilia (Dark resist/buffs). Maybe Orlandeau equipped with Crimson sword to chain. Of course, 2xFreyevia will rock this guy as usual.

I'm going to try something different this boss. I'm going to try with a budget team of no TMs and no 5* base units, just to mix it up (mog bosses are usually too easy and I want more of a challenge). Initial idea is Tilith, Yshtola, WoL, Ashe, Zyrus, with whatever dps friend I can find.

If it works, yay. If it's a disaster, I'll just build a regular team and blow her up, probably with something involving Fryevia, Ace, Rikku, and a bunch of TMs.

Keep in mind the mission is to kill her in 11 turns or MORE. As in, you can't OTK her, you have to make a team that can endure at least 11 turns (if you care about the mission that is).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tilith is definitely cheating when doing budget clears. Limited units in general are sorta cheating, but Tilith is not only limited but was hard to pull and is OP.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, her and Ling are the only non-5* base units I have that can play mana battery, which is needed to also do the no item mission (boss does mana drains). Maybe I have someone else I'm not thinking of that can restore mana... would have to look.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Hah, I'm not a streamer or anything, so my little project has to not cost me any special resources.

I'm going to try with Refia instead of Tilith, using Lakshimi's Demonic Whisper (gives one target 30 mp regen per turn w/ 500 spirit).

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Cleared High Seraph pretty easily with the budget run of no base 5*, no non-free TM's, and no limited units. Team was Refia, Yshtola, WoL, Ashe, Zyrus, friend Fryevia. WoL died once during a bad round, I think I let a buff fade, so I had to re-run it, but otherwise I got all missions easily with a budget team. Hardest thing was wasting turns waiting out the 11 turn limit.

Video: High Seraph Budget Clear - First clear was 11 turns and no item missions, second was no deaths.

Daily pull was worthless.... not using tickets until the daily banner changes.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Blew my remaining 13 tickets trying to get EV. Last ticket is a gold crystal, *fingers crossed*... and I get warrior of light.

Awesome.

So now I am thinking my team is

Orlandeau, Warrior of Light, Gilgamesh, Refia, Agrias/ whoever

once agrias gets enhanced I can use her to chain and that opens up friend slot options.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Daily pull was Timmy. Gonna wait on tickets until the last day as well. I am curious what the next banner will be. I will run the trial later today when I have time.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I used 7 of my 45 tickets. Got my 4th and 5th soleil

gonna save the rest for last day of the banner

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Timmy from daily, Szah, Grace, Gilbert, Hope, and Timothy #2.

So I'm sitting on a ton of Trust Moogles...
9x 10%
8x 5%
28x 1%

I'm not even sure what TM's that I have should be expedited... I feel like my noctis is pretty close to as good as I'll get.