Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So the ELT isn't hard but it's sort of painful and monotonous... any tips for improvement?

First round:
tilith puts up the atk/def debuff resistance
Noctis does warp break
friend Orlando does Divine Ruination
Gilgamesh does TriAttack
Firion does Fin Briar
WoL finishes it up with Arms Eraser.

It repeats every round like that with Tilith changing to buff or full heal (or status cleans + heal).

I feel like I should be able to two round him if I had some proper chaining setup.

Bleh, thought you had an orlandeau. My advice is useless then

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
IMG_0344.PNG

My Tidus. Chaining is such a pain but it's so satisfying to see a 47 string chain with him and capping with Dar Cecil.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Is this game basically FF Record Keeper, but with a more complicated UI (though what looks like a better stat screen)? Is it as shitty about Pay to Win?

Vinen

God is dead
Is this game basically FF Record Keeper, but with a more complicated UI (though what looks like a better stat screen)? Is it as shitty about Pay to Win?

You can do fine without paying. But yes, paying more leads to an advantage like all gacha games.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

There are people on the forum that can set you up with a good starter account too if you are willing to shell out some cash, and it's a great way to get into the game faster.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider

I think both games are a lot of fun to play, but I enjoy this one more.

You can play both! Either is easy to F2P if you want.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I think both games are a lot of fun to play, but I enjoy this one more.

You can play both! Either is easy to F2P if you want.

I gave up after I maxed several triple crystal toons (level 80?), was on my way to several 7* weapons, maxed spells -- especially since you needed to drop a lot of money to stay current in order to be fairly competitive on the ultimate fights. In the end, it wasn't much strategy, just persistence, money, gear, and sometimes a bit of luck. How does this compare to that?

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I don't have a ton of experience with this game so far. I played at launch for 2 months and then started up again a month ago.

Starting out there is a lot to do at once, and it doesn't feel like much progress is being made. But when you finally start getting a few components of a decent team together things finally get interesting.

Starting out the best thing you can do is reroll until you get a top tier chaining unit.(Or purchase a prerolled account.)

Currently that is either Dark Veritas, Orlandeu, Fryevia or Tidus.

There are tons of characters that can chain but those 4 are the best at it right now.

Chaining is the key to doing the most damage possible.

The next most important thing are trust mastery rewards, or tmrs.

These are tied to characters. You can obtain 1 copy per character you have. They are often the best of a certain type of item or they have effects that can't be duplicated elsewhere like dual wield.

Getting a top tier chainer and equipping them with dual wield is the fastest way to opening the game up.

Besides chaining there are tanks, healers, support and finishers.

Each difficult fight requires you to fulfill some or all of these rolls to some extent and most often requires a pretty thorough plan to beat.

So there is definitely an emphasis in collecting powerful units and gear, but most content can also be cleared with lower tier units with the right preparation.

But given the opportunity, pulling a high tier character early will go a very long way to making the game more accessible.

madmoosejones

Trakanon Raider
I haven't paid a dime and can clear all content though I've been really lucky with pulls (until this god forsaken banner, hit the bottom of the salt mines to get that second 9s). Overall I'd say it's really good to f2p players.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Don't forget that the game actually has a pretty good story too. I would say that some of the trial bosses and special events require some planning and strategy. There are tons of different ways to complete content. You don't have to have the best-of-the-best to clear everything. It definitely makes it easier, but nothing is impossible yet.

Threw a few more tickets at summons this morning. EX tickets 3* -> gold -> rainbow: Fohlen. Not sure if I'll use him, but cool to get that sweet TMR helm. Finally got more 9S, but still no Eve. I guess I can live without that materia, but it would have been nice on my tank.

edit: Looks like Reberta and Fohlen chain together really well! Sonic Blast and Mystic Thrust. Luckily, I have Reberta :)

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Gave a shot to the new Malboro trial ELT version. I got faceplanted so damn hard. Definitely going to need to work at this one.

Vinen

God is dead
Gave a shot to the new Malboro trial ELT version. I got faceplanted so damn hard. Definitely going to need to work at this one.

I plan on working on it when I get home from work.

Looks like it's they didn't make it a complete joke like the last GLEX trial.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I must be missing something. I built a team that can survive and still have enough DPS to kill the adds, but after killing both adds 2x each, the boss still hasn't debuffed his spr/def? I eventually just gave up because the fight was lasting forever. If the adds have to be killed at the same time, the team I was using wouldn't work (2x Fryevia was the dps, but they're single target).

Tip: Dark Resist is EXTREMELY important, you want as close to 100% on everyone as possible, and never bring a small add under 10% health without finishing it, or they explode and debuff your dark resist.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I must be missing something. I built a team that can survive and still have enough DPS to kill the adds, but after killing both adds 2x each, the boss still hasn't debuffed his spr/def? I eventually just gave up because the fight was lasting forever. If the adds have to be killed at the same time, the team I was using wouldn't work (2x Fryevia was the dps, but they're single target).

Tip: Dark Resist is EXTREMELY important, you want as close to 100% on everyone as possible, and never bring a small add under 10% health without finishing it, or they explode and debuff your dark resist.

What comp are you running? My question is do all adds have to die at the same time? I wonder if Wilhelm would be the better tank here aswell.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
What comp are you running?
I was using WoL, Tilith, Rikku, Minfilia, Fryevia, friend Fryevia, but that comp won't work because AoE damage is required and Fryevia is single target.

I found out that yes, both adds have to die in the same turn to debuff his invulnerability, and more importantly, all three have to die at the same time on the final blow or else the small ones full revive the big one. This trial needs AoE damage, and lots of it.

I cleared ADV and PRO easily enough with a 5 man team of WoL, Tilith, Rikku, Minfilia, Trance Terra (no friend, 5 man mission). Minfilia is such a dead slot though aside from her 70% dark resist buff. I'm wondering if maybe for ELT I can just gear for high dark resist and drop minfilia and use someone else with a weaker dark buff instead.

It's also hard because 99.9% of friends are Fryevia/Orlandeau/Tidus/DV/2B/A2 and all of them are close to worthless on ELT. My best latest attempt was with 2x Trance Terra (my own + a friend) chaining their chaos wave or ultima, but finding friends that can AoE is a tremendous headache.

Vinen

God is dead
I was using WoL, Tilith, Rikku, Minfilia, Fryevia, friend Fryevia, but that comp won't work because AoE damage is required and Fryevia is single target.

I found out that yes, both adds have to die in the same turn to debuff his invulnerability, and more importantly, all three have to die at the same time on the final blow or else the small ones full revive the big one. This trial needs AoE damage, and lots of it.

I cleared ADV and PRO easily enough with a 5 man team of WoL, Tilith, Rikku, Minfilia, Trance Terra (no friend, 5 man mission). Minfilia is such a dead slot though aside from her 70% dark resist buff. I'm wondering if maybe for ELT I can just gear for high dark resist and drop minfilia and use someone else with a weaker dark buff instead.

It's also hard because 99.9% of friends are Fryevia/Orlandeau/Tidus/DV/2B/A2 and all of them are close to worthless on ELT. My best latest attempt was with 2x Trance Terra (my own + a friend) chaining their chaos wave or ultima, but finding friends that can AoE is a tremendous headache.

I'm going to Enhance 2 M. fina tonight

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm

Only thing I could offer in that department is Ashe. Thoughts?

Could drop a healer use enhanced Marie to heal with Cura + the Hot from the resist buff. Then run double Ashe with a friend Ashe.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to Enhance 2 M. fina tonight
With her innate dark resist and non-elemental AoE with enhanced ultima, she's probably really good for the trial. Makes sense since it's basically her trial, because no one else can use the reward...

Only thing I could offer in that department is Ashe. Thoughts?
Ashe is a good option too, though she has worse dps because her non-elemental AoE is only around 3.2x damage and can't be dualcasted. She can dualcast Thundaja, which is great damage, but I found I didn't like having to "waste" the turns to dispel the resist all buff from the little adds and then re-apply a DEF/SPR break afterwards. Seemed easier to just stay with non-elemental damage and ignore their resist buff, which let the breaks last full duration.

Setzer with killers and Double Dice could do it. Get a couple of them and go crazy.
The boss has 10 million health, so it's not realistic to try to cheat it with fixed damage attacks because it would take something like 130 turns on average to win that way, and then you still have to deal enough AoE damage in a single turn to blow up all 3 together to finish the fight. Suppose it could work though in theory if you could survive long enough.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I'll change my friend back to Ace for enhanced Tri-Laser. I use DW with the holy rod for wild card element damage.