Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I give up. 300 energy down the drain but no luck on clearing ELT yet. I'll leave some of my thoughts.

Warrior of Light with 9k life, 540 DEF, immunity to dark, +100% DEF buff, and Rikku's 30% mitigation skill can survive most turns with his 100% taunt active, soaking nearly all of the damage. His taunt will get him devoured though, so half of the time you don't have a tank at all. Wilhelm is probably amazing here, but I don't have him.

Rikku's re-raise AoE LB is incredibly useful for surviving until the tank comes back from devour because Malboro is going to one shot people with his tentacle blow without a tank.

Pod 153 may theoretically be useful here to give your units an AoE chaining move. I don't even have one finished yet, so I'm probably going to revisit this trial when I have two finished and can try to build a physical team with killers that can AoE chain using mirage. The mage teams I brought did good aoe, but it was still low dps because of non-chaining.

DPS units that can cast revive or full revive are very useful to recover from bad Tentacle Blows.

Remember to DEF or SPR break the small adds, it speeds it up a lot. Don't bother breaking the big boss, because only his self break is enough to make him actually take damage.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I give up. 300 energy down the drain but no luck on clearing ELT yet. I'll leave some of my thoughts.

Warrior of Light with 9k life, 540 DEF, immunity to dark, +100% DEF buff, and Rikku's 30% mitigation skill can survive most turns with his 100% taunt active, soaking nearly all of the damage. His taunt will get him devoured though, so half of the time you don't have a tank at all. Wilhelm is probably amazing here, but I don't have him.

Rikku's re-raise AoE LB is incredibly useful for surviving until the tank comes back from devour because Malboro is going to one shot people with his tentacle blow without a tank.

Pod 153 may theoretically be useful here to give your units an AoE chaining move. I don't even have one finished yet, so I'm probably going to revisit this trial when I have two finished and can try to build a physical team with killers that can AoE chain using mirage. The mage teams I brought did good aoe, but it was still low dps because of non-chaining.

DPS units that can cast revive or full revive are very useful to recover from bad Tentacle Blows.

Remember to DEF or SPR break the small adds, it speeds it up a lot. Don't bother breaking the big boss, because only his self break is enough to make him actually take damage.

I haven't had time to sit down and work on ELT yet, but I'm thinking about running WoL and Wilhelm. When devour happens Wilhelm will be gone and WoL will remain to protect the group. Yes on PRO Wilhelm was a beast I ran double tanks there as well and nobody came close to dying.

We might have to take our time to beat this trial and over support all the damage.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I never tried a double tank setup... that may be a good idea. I'll probably give it a few more attempts tomorrow with some more tweaks.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
It is going to be a very long trial. I saw one person use 2x Rikku to use LB every turn except the 1st. Chaining is going to be the most effective way to take everything down. Then MP will become an issue if you don't have an MP battery.

Side note: the raid HP is not going down as fast now. I think maintenance squashed all of the bots.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It is going to be a very long trial. I saw one person use 2x Rikku to use LB every turn except the 1st. Chaining is going to be the most effective way to take everything down. Then MP will become an issue if you don't have an MP battery.

Side note: the raid HP is not going down as fast now. I think maintenance squashed all of the bots.
Damn it. I'm still only like 1/2 to the black box for the katana. I took the first fri/sat/sun off basically :(

GonzytheMage

I never tried a double tank setup... that may be a good idea. I'll probably give it a few more attempts tomorrow with some more tweaks.

I'm just trying some out of the box stuff here. It doesn't seem we have the units for this trial using a standard setup so something unconventional must be the answer.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I think 2 tanks might be the best way to go. WoL and EV or Wilhelm. I am maxing my EV limit burst to get 54% damage reduction. This is also the same for Wilhelm's LB, but he gets a huge self DEF buff. I'm not sure if their LBs stack with Rikku's HyperNull All or 9S's Spread Shield. The thing to realize is that this damage is physical hits, but it counts as magic damage so the 9S TMR is worthless for the majority of the heavy hits.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Ok, so 2x Ashe with mid-high MAG for chaining and healing tanked out with tons of HP and DEF/SPR and FV with FD, I'm assuming, to cap. Zaarg for mana battery and buffs. I'm sure it was a long long fight. Wow. No way I will be anywhere near able to touch that kind of setup for a long time.

In other news, the Ariana Grande event boss is weak to ice. I will setup my Fryevia with Spirit Slayer for it.

GonzytheMage

So Ashe chaining for a FV LB cap as the finish I'm guessing.

I've got Marie if anyone needs her. I'll set up my Ashe for dps afterwhile so you guys can work on the trial.

I have to use dual wield so I'll do... double killer materia with diablos. It'll be a few days on my emperor TMR so I'll have to use wizard rod and fryevia's needle.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Killer skills don't work on Ashe's Heaven Fury move since it's a magical nuke.

Now I kind of regret not pulling for 2x Ashe. I only have one :(

GonzytheMage

Learn something new everyday lol. That's why I asked first.

Edit: my Ashe is up.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
im gonna give it a try later but its looking like the trial is borderline impossibru for all but the whaliest whales.

Tiphares

Golden Squire

I pulled way more on this banner than I planned to. I spent just over half of every resource I had (lapis, tickets, and 10+1 ticket). I got trolled with Ashe multiple times... never did get an Eve. Oh well. I sold off all the A2, B2, and Eve moogles I got from raid summons. No more pulling on the NieR banner... officially done with it. So basically, this past week has netted me two rainbows (Fryevia and Fohlen), multiple 9S, and a bunch of dupes (many useful TMRs). All for 15k lapis, 70-ish rare tickets (including 4*), 11 EX tickets, and a 10+1 ticket. No Victorias or Zyruses to dump my MAG pots (and Draco Spike moogles) into unfortunately. I would not have minded another Sozhe, but still only have 1. Magic users continue to be my weak spot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaou

Molten Core Raider
can we cheeze berserk this trial? That was how i beat aigiioieon, but tbh, it wasnt much of a cheeze since it was still fkign tough and took 2 hours.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I like another guys build I saw that completely left healers at home. He used 2x Rikku, Ace, WoL, and 2x AoE Chainers using 9S TM (he used 2B x2, but any high atk unit could fill that role). I looked over his teams gear and he isn't even very whaled out.

His whole strat revolved around using a Rikku LB every round and just letting everyone die constantly.

Rikku LB every round
Ace does aoe imperil + mana battery
2 dps chain with Pod 153 and fire or thunder element (for ace imperil)
WoL does aoe DEF break, and uses taunt only every 4th turn to soak the devour

Last edited: