Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Tiphares

Golden Squire
More lapis is always nice!

Minor storyline spoiler:
So far Season 2 story is a let down. Half of it is like what the hell is going on (uh, how did all of the Veritas resurrect themselves?) and the other half is non-stop "where's Rain?" which is starting to get old. I'm hoping it picks up and gets more focused in the next update.
I agree, but they do sort of explain the first part.
They think Dark Fina raised the Veritas. They have not shown it, but they do talk about it.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I pulled a Roy, but have no idea where to use him. My normal squad is Warrior of Light, Ayaka, Agrias, Orlandeau, and Trance Terra.

I have competed the Gilgamesh challenge, but nothing past that. I tried beasts of the dark, had ayaka dispel the espers, broke their attack with WoL, but still took a ton of damage and lost a unit or two turn 1. Not sure how to proceed with that one.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I pulled a Roy, but have no idea where to use him. My normal squad is Warrior of Light, Ayaka, Agrias, Orlandeau, and Trance Terra.

I have competed the Gilgamesh challenge, but nothing past that. I tried beasts of the dark, had ayaka dispel the espers, broke their attack with WoL, but still took a ton of damage and lost a unit or two turn 1. Not sure how to proceed with that one.
You probably need more dark resist. I would swap out TT for Rikku to put up Hyper NullAll.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've only been playing for a few months and have no Rikku. I have TTerra on there because she is one of my best dudes.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Dark, Water, and Fire resist are super important to the esper trial.

If you have a strong Marie friend on your friends list, she can be a big help with her resist buffs. Cerius works as a budget option if you don't mind leveling him up (give him Bar-Watera materia). Rikku would be best of course, but if you don't have her, then you don't have her.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks everyone, I'll see what I can do.

What type of content should I use Roy on?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you use Soleil, then Roy can replace her on fights that last more than 3 rounds (so really only trial bosses).

Mog events, raids, and storyline content are all pretty much over in one or two rounds, so for those you're best off leaving Roy on the bench.

For 10 man bosses, it's a tossup. Buffers like Roy are good for that content, but they also lock your team from switching on rounds where he's singing, so it can really mess with your strategy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Molten Core Raider
My game freaked out. I entered the Malboro trial on my phone. As soon as it loaded I put my phone to sleep because I decided to do it on Nox. I loaded up Nox, chose "Play Mission" after logging in and was immediately greeted with a Mission Clear screen. Got the Malboro Tentacle, the clear reward, and the No Item mission reward. Yay for Malboro clear? Still need the materia, so back in I go.

Edit- it did it again on Wicked Moon. I'd better stop this before I get banned for sploitin'

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
My game freaked out. I entered the Malboro trial on my phone. As soon as it loaded I put my phone to sleep because I decided to do it on Nox. I loaded up Nox, chose "Play Mission" after logging in and was immediately greeted with a Mission Clear screen. Got the Malboro Tentacle, the clear reward, and the No Item mission reward. Yay for Malboro clear? Still need the materia, so back in I go.

Edit- it did it again on Wicked Moon. I'd better stop this before I get banned for sploitin'

Danggggg

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Fan Festa didn't really give us any news we didn't already know. Cloud coming this week, Glacial trial coming soon, and we're getting a collab with a game I've never heard of. Lot's of gifts incoming soon though!

I wanted to come back to this post and help those of you who still need some of the older trials by showing how to do these trials using a completely budget team of no trust masteries at all, no event exclusive equipment, and no rainbows, along with finishing every mission. First of all, here's a video I made of the dark esper trial using a completely budget team / gear:

Video has full step by step walkthrough with commentary, but here's the basics:

Use Mystea geared in at least 50% fire, water, and dark resist (Diabolos esper, Unsui clothes, Cat Ear Hood, Fire Resist rings).
Bring along holy torches and hyper (items)
I used a Garnet as the healer to speed up the esper summon gauge, but any healer is fine (Make sure they know Dispel innately, from an item, or from an esper!)
Bring a resist buffer for fire/dark/water. I used Cerius, but Minfilia, Marie, Rikku etc all work.
Use a tank that has a 100% taunt, either innately or with golem + iris shield. Cagnazzo is an excellent budget tank.
Use a friend Trance Terra as your DPS. Any AoE dps is fine, but we're killing them at the same time with this strat, so you want AoE dps friend.

Caution: Do NOT overpush them through multiple thresholds. A best in slot Trance Terra friend can easily push 2 thresholds in a single round all by herself, so if you're using a whale friend, intentionally go slower on the dps and let the bosses finish their threshold attacks before pushing the next threshold (70%, 50%, 30%). If you push two thresholds at once before they finish their 2 round threshold attack, it's auto-wipe.

Of course, you're free to use rainbow versions of these units and any TM's you have to make it even easier. Ayaka, Marie, or Wilhelm would be the upgrades to Garnet, Cerius, or Cagnazzo. I just wanted to use the absolute cheapest units possible to make the setup more accessible.

Rengak Rengak I hope this helps (and hope it helps any of the rest of you!)

If this was helpful to some, and you want some tips / guide on budget clears on some of the later trials, let me know and I'll see about making budget clears of newer trials.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Ok. I give up. I am not getting Mystea. 3 tickets... 2x Ryunan and a gold -> rainbow, Duke. Maybe some day I will get Aileen or make Reberta BiS. The FFVII event is a KM farm right? Maybe I can still get Mystea while pulling for bonus units. I know my luck was just blown for getting Cloud. Haha!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Very nice. What sort of gear setup are you using on your Mystea?
If you mean in the ultra budget build example I did in that Dark Esper trial (no tm or event gear), she was wearing:
GetConfigurationImage
100% fire/dark/water resist after the 50% resist buffs from Cerius, so she took 0 damage from the threshold attacks while covering the whole team.

If you mean how would I gear her for general purpose using the TM's I own, it would be something like:
GetConfigurationImage

The thing with Mystea though is that you tailor her equipment for the fight you're going into. Like for the upcoming Glacial trial, I plan to gear her in something like this, giving her 200% unbuffed ice resist so she can cover all the ice damage even through a -100% imperil:
GetConfigurationImage

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok. I give up. I am not getting Mystea. 3 tickets... 2x Ryunan and a gold -> rainbow, Duke. Maybe some day I will get Aileen or make Reberta BiS. The FFVII event is a KM farm right? Maybe I can still get Mystea while pulling for bonus units. I know my luck was just blown for getting Cloud. Haha!

Yeah doesn't look like I am either. Might blow my 4* ticket before the banner leaves but Ill probo just end up with my 6th olif.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
So recently I decided to dump every resource except for lapis I had saved up (All tickets basically) looking for 5 star dupes. Even the shittiest 7 star looks like it blows away any 6 star character in the same role.

The 5 star pool will only get more diluted and the future guaranteed character pulls are going to be fueled by lapis.

I got FV #2 and Gilgamesh #2.
Also got ace marie lunera zargarbaath and nyx.

I had 5 10+1s, 40x regular Ex tickets, 5x 4* ex tickets, 10 regular tickets, 4 4* tickets, and 1 5* ex ticket.

Maybe it wasn't a smart move but it sure was fun.