Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Was a lot more than just 'not a smart move', but what's done is done I guess.

I don't actually mind blowing resources. The game is only so fun and not super hard. Mystera was the last must pull character for the foreseeable future. I've been stupid lucky. Everything else is just slight upgrades to already serviceable units.

Until 7*s come out and they try to polymorph us all into whales.

The main thing holding me back now is TMR farming. I am stuck to moogles for the time being.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I have resigned myself to a few ticket pulls on the Cloud banner; at least enough to get some bonus units. Cloud is way too TMR hungry. As cool as it would be to get him, I have no expectations. I will do some dailies, though.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I havent really looked into Cloud much, what sort of TMR nonsense does he need to work well?
Cloud is a nice unit, but the real prize is 1x Cloud TM and 2x Elfried TM to be used on better units like Dark Cecil or Fire Veritas. You also need a 2 handed weapon like Fixed Dice or Zodiac Spear for the increased weapon variance to combo with TDH.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
To expand on my answer, here's some examples of Dark Knight Cecil with a dualwield vs true doublehand setup using best in slot:

Gear setups:
Esper: Bahamut

Dual Wield -- 1123 ATK

Weap1: Onion Sword
Weap2: Virtuous Contract
Helm: Rider's Helm
Armor: Demon Mail
Acc1: Ring of Lucii
Acc2: Ring of Lucii
Mat1: Dark Knight Soul
Mat2: Katana Mastery
Mat3: Awesome Swordsman
Mat4: Adventurer V

True Doublehand -- 1413 ATK

Weap1: Zodiac Spear
Helm: Rider's Helm
Armor: Demon Mail
Acc1: Elfried TM
Acc2: Elfried TM
Mat1: Cloud TM
Mat2: Dragoon's Pride
Mat3: Sworn Six: Wind
Mat4: Adventurer V
I know both of these setups are stupidly expensive, but we're talking best in slot!

Dualwield: 993 ATK (mainhand), 988 ATK (offhand) -- 1123 shown on character sheet
True Doublehand: 1413 ATK + 100-160% two-handed variance

Against a 25 DEF target with his 100% imperil up, you will deal (before chains):

Dualwield: 2.3 million damage
TDH: 2.9 million damage (variance averaged, sometimes slightly more or less)

So TDH is about 30% more damage than dualwield on Dark Cecil, but then you also factor in that TDH deals the entirety of it's damage in a single hit, so it's significantly easier to cap a chain with it for the maximum modifier, while finishers using dual wield usually only get one of the two hits at the max chain value.

Is TDH game changing enough to go broke chasing it? Not really. It is sizeable upgrade over dualwield though (for finishers).

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
Those are really big numbers, I can see the appeal. It's rare that I have room in my group for a finisher lately though. If I trip across a Cloud I'll be happy but I won't chase him specifically. I usually do a 10+1 pull or two on most banners just shooting for any 5 star really so maybe Ill get lucky.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sinzar, that BotD guide looks pretty good, thanks for taking the time to lay it out. I'm looking forward to trying it when I get Mystea leveled up.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
My game freaked out. I entered the Malboro trial on my phone. As soon as it loaded I put my phone to sleep because I decided to do it on Nox. I loaded up Nox, chose "Play Mission" after logging in and was immediately greeted with a Mission Clear screen. Got the Malboro Tentacle, the clear reward, and the No Item mission reward. Yay for Malboro clear? Still need the materia, so back in I go.

Edit- it did it again on Wicked Moon. I'd better stop this before I get banned for sploitin'
Just tried this and couldnt get it to work :(

Molten Core Raider
Goddammit Reberta #5 this morning from the half off summon. I think the RNG switch is broken or something, this is getting ridiculous...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Goddammit Reberta #5 this morning from the half off summon. I think the RNG switch is broken or something, this is getting ridiculous...

pic.jpg

I see your Reberta and raise you a Bedille

Molten Core Raider
No lie, Bedille was my free summon.

Bonus lapis is in btw if you buy that sorta thing. Amazon coins are $78 for the 10k bundle today and you'll get a bonus 3600 lapis from buying the big package (21,600 lapis total). Couple 10+1s ready for Friday and saving the rest for TMR farming.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't actually mind blowing resources. The game is only so fun and not super hard. Mystera was the last must pull character for the foreseeable future. I've been stupid lucky. Everything else is just slight upgrades to already serviceable units.

Until 7*s come out and they try to polymorph us all into whales.

The main thing holding me back now is TMR farming. I am stuck to moogles for the time being.

To be fair, even if that wasn't a smart decision, it paid off quite well with Ace, Marie, and a dupe Gilgamesh.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have 4 zyrus, but no emp or fryevia. Only 1 Silvia. I have 2 Trance Terras and 2 Barbarricas. Should I make 4 Draco Spikes or just 2

Molten Core Raider
If the Draco Spikes are currently the best weapons you could put on Terra/Barb, I can't imagine a reason not to work on at least three and the Sorcery.

The bigger issue imo would be having enough solid magic oriented materia to gear a pair of casters up with. If you get 3 Draco Spikes and the Sorcery, the Sorcery user could make use of Letters and Arms while the dual Draco Spike unit could use more generic magic materia.