Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
One slime and one killing machine is the best pull from this banner anyhow.

Liquid slime let's you get the DEF parameter mission done a few months early (otherwise you need to wait until the stat cap is raised to 400%, or own a bunch of STMR). The reward is an accessory with +20 DEF, +50% DEF, and 10% permanent mitigation, which is really awesome.

The machine killer sword is best in slot for most units when fighting a machine. The big machine in the near(ish) future is Omega Weapon trial, which is still today one of the hardest trials in JP. Having that sword + a lightning weapon like Tonitrus is a big first step to building a team to win without waiting for power creep. Then again, it may be 2023 before Gumi gets off their ass and give us the trials we're long overdue for.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I used about 10 gold tickets:

2x robots
1 liquid metal slime
1 Orochi
And an off banner Prishe

The Prishe makes me very happy. I will never use her as a unit but the hairpin TMR was the one thing I was missing from a lot of BIS builds.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
here was a second DQ event in JP, but I don't know much about it. I think it was all new DQ units though, so if that's the case, we wouldn't get moogles for the current units. I'm really not sure, so may want to ask on reddit

It was a raid and it had a banner for the old DQ units as well as the new. Also had everyone's mogs in the raid gacha.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
8 tickets (2 4*, 6 regular) + daily
Slime, orochi, machine, so not bad.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
There was a second DQ event in JP, but I don't know much about it. I think it was all new DQ units though, so if that's the case, we wouldn't get moogles for the current units. I'm really not sure, so may want to ask on reddit :)

Evasion Noctis with some fire resist and status immunity can solo carry LGD for farming with 5 useless synergy units. It's slow, but it works, so that's how I'm farming it.

Btw, you probably know this by now but the resist numbers on the wiki seem to be wrong. As far as I can tell the boss has no paralysis or confusion resistance. Choas Grenade and Toxic Rain almost always apply one or the other. In addition, Dragonlord itself LB also applies them. I've done quite a few LGD runs now, and never needed to use more than 2 of the three to get him paralyzed. With Barfire or whatever, you can kill him with a full team of crap units just using Dragonlords nuke (Even at 50% resist, with 900+ magic you can take him down pretty fast, even faster if you have pods to chain with or two Ochiros or whatever, him limit break can build a pretty big elemental chain for Dragonlord.)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My LGD farming team is:

3* synergy unit -- Equip Harp materia (the free one) + Apollo Harp -- uses Hero's Rime (40% stat buff)
4* synergy unit -- Dual wielding + Rikku Pouch -- uses Chaos Grenade for the misc status effects
4* synergy unit -- Crazy Day -- applies 35% imperil all
Liquid Slime -- on Siren 3* -- uses Angel Song to aoe refill teams mana by 78 per round
Noctis -- uses Thunder flask every round to aoe debuff spirit by 45% and some damage
friend Dragonlord -- uses Kafrizzle every round except the 4 enemy wave, for that he uses the Lightning AoE

Everyone on my team is immune to fire from gear, with most also immune to lightning so Dragonlord doesn't do any damage. It's fairly efficient and easy. I've had bad luck on bonus mobs overall, so I'm still farming. I should finish the event sometime later today. I bought basically everything except the shitty low end equipment like the rod.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Not sure I'll even get eldrick's sword :(
I'm just farming elite and it seems WAAAAY out there.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just use my evade Tidus (thanks FF14 raid!) and use Germinas Boots on a synergy unit to escape until the bonus units or the boss. It takes about 8 turns for Tidus + friend Dragonlord to kill the boss.

Bloodgruve

Molten Core Raider
The Prishe makes me very happy. I will never use her as a unit but the hairpin TMR was the one thing I was missing from a lot of BIS builds.

I'm looking forward to 7* Prishe Special chaining. I know it takes a turn to setup but it has a hell of a modifier. I'm sitting on 4x Prishe right now so I'm all set for giving it a shot. If it plain sucks then I may have an STMR and a few hats.

My LGD farm team is:

Dragon Lord - DPS/CC
LMS - Rikku's Pouch - Chaos Grenade Break & CC
Orochi - Producer's Jacket - Escape & Crazy Day - Imperil
Robbin' - Apollo Harp
Basch - MAG Cover and Break

I totally missed Return of the Erinyes... Glad it was mentioned here. Nice to equip bonus units for these LGD farms.

Blood~

Last edited:

fredator

Bronze Knight of the Realm
sinzar, thank you for your budget vid clears. jp players, should i ever save max lvl/tmr units? i heard you guys got like 50 uoc tix for them. i enjoy purging tmr'd bastards but i can l2

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
jp players, should i ever save max lvl/tmr units?

In the next update on JP, probably 1-2 weeks away, we're getting a system where we can trade in 100% TMR'ed units for a special currency.

Max TMR'ed base 5* gives more than 4*, which gives more than 3*
You probably don't want to trade in your 5* base units though because they are better used for STMR's.

Only rare summon units are available to trade in, so feel free to throw away your raid summon or friend point units that have maxed TMR.

It is not known what the currency will be used for until the update actually happens, so look for that info around the middle of the month.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Because Alhena's trial reward is a free spear that is superior in every way to Reberta's TMR spear. So they stick Reberta on this shitty banner, re-run her event to give people free Reberta moogles and hope they bamboozle newer players into chasing a terrible unit like Reberta so they can get her "free" spear.

Then they release Alhena in 1-2 weeks and everyone is now sad the free trial reward is better than the 5* TMR they chased.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
GL is such a fucking trash game, maybe the retardation of them rerunning the bahamut raid will finally be the incentive I needed to quit.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Dragonlord challenge ELT is pretty easy. Here's my zero TMR budget clear guide for the fight:
Team I used:
Warrior of Light -- cover / breaks
Garnet -- resist buffs / heals / esper damage
Beach Fina -- mana regen / cradle of horns
Slime -- for mission, he just hides entire fight (concealing cloth)
Camille -- chains with friend Tidus
friend Tidus -- the real DPS

Some notes:
Gear for 100% fire resist, sleep and silence immunity
Use physical cover
Phase 1 is immune to breaks
Phase 2 all breaks work, but if you full break him he enrages, only break some of his stats but never all 4
Phase 2 counters stat breaks with the opposite stat buff, just stick to atk/mag breaks only and don't use def/spr breaks if your team isn't strong
Don't buff on turn 1 of phase 2 since boss will aoe dispel as his first action, but he won't attack
Apply all your buffs on turn 2 of phase 2 (including cover)
Boss does an AoE phys attack at 80, 50, and 30% thresholds, don't trigger multiple at once (unless you can handle it)

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So enhanced Dragon Lord, 30x skill? Think he's worth spending a bit on now? That's kind of a crazy mod with no build up. He's also perfect for the Ice Bird trial, right? Given he can avoid KO above 50%. If anyone needs to do that trial, might be a good time while he's up on a bunch of friend characters.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
The Dragonlord trial was very easy if you gear for fire resist. I set my friend unit as Tidus with 100% fire resist and Dragon Killer+. Good luck!