Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Estimate that 18k lapis is $100. So, a little over $400 gets you 75k. I will not be doing multiple laps. Too rich for me with so much more to come soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Unless you’re a whale you won’t be pulling on every step up. You really need to look them over and decide if you really should pull or not.

First of all there are two very different step ups:

25k Lapis to finish a lap
Step 1 gives a 10% moogle
Step 2 gives a guaranteed banner 4 star
Step 3 gives a guaranteed rainbow from the EX pool (meaning no rate up for banner units)
Step 4 gives a ticket that will result in disappointment 90% of the time
Step 5 gives a guaranteed banner 5 star

11k to finish a lap (generally you can only do one lap)
Step 1 500 Lapis for 1 pull at 1.5x the rate
Step 2 1,000 Lapis for 2 pulls and a 5% moogle
Step 3 1,500 Lapis for 3 pulls at a 2x rate
Step 4 3,000 Lapis for 6 pulls and a 10% moogle
Step 5 5,000 Lapis for a 10+1 pull at 5x the rate

Sometimes there are some minor differences but these are the standard. The 25k version is typical on King Mog banners while the 11k version is typical for story event and collaboration banners.

Here’s my thinking on the upcoming step ups:

Sephiroth and Lila 25k: By this point everyone has made up their mind one way or the other.

Squall and Rinoa 25k: Neither is great so I’d recommend passing

CG Hyoh 11k: Definitely do this one. Hyoh is a beast.

CG Citra 11k: I don’t recommend. She’s a summoner so is pretty niche and her esper fill does damage which makes it awkward in practice.

Valkyrie Profile 11k: Each unit gets a 11k lap (Lenneth, Freya and Arngrim). I’m a huge VP fan so I did laps for Lenneth and Freya. Both are solid units but not meta defining at all. They will also be hard to find chaining partners for since global tends to change their friend unit to the latest flavor of the month.

Tifa and Vincent 25k: Bad units. Do not recommend.

Secret of Mana 11k: Similar to VP where each unit gets a step up. On paper Randi is extremely strong and might be worth going for. But Sinzar, Gavin and myself all chased him, got 7 star versions and we hardly use him. He has a lot of quirks that make him awkward to use. On paper he’s great but in practice he doesn’t live up to the hype.

CG Sieghart 11k: This one is binary. Do you have Wilhelm? If yes than skip. If no than pull.

CG Folka 11k: similar to Sieghart. If you have Ayaka or CG Fina you can skip.

Both Folka and Sieghart have niches that their earlier released comparisons don’t but their value is drastically diminished if you have their counterparts.

Type Zero 25k: Both units are solid but not meta defining. Kurasame is considered the best hybrid damage dealer but I don’t think either is worth chasing.

Auron and Jecht 25k: This might be the best 25k step up ever. Both units are phenomenal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Secret of Mana 11k: Similar to VP where each unit gets a step up. On paper Randi is extremely strong and might be worth going for. But Sinzar, Gavin and myself all chased him, got 7 star versions and we hardly use him. He has a lot of quirks that make him awkward to use. On paper he’s great but in practice he doesn’t live up to the hype.

wat? yes he does. 7* Randi is fucking insane. I still use mine regularly.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Randi is great when he works, but I agree with Angel that often times he's too much of a pain in the ass to use, which is why mine has been on the bench for the last like 4 or 5 trials to come out in JP. Some reasons:

His initial damage is non-elemental, so he's not good for burst or OTK setups
If he ever does anything other than chain every single round, his imbues fall off, dropping his damage
If he dies, or gets dispelled (either by the boss or because you are removing an imperil from your team) he loses his imbues, dropping his damage
He is elemental locked for specific chaining schools:
HE = Fire, Holy, Dark
QH = Water
PD = Earth, Wind
Sometimes those elements are fine, but a lot of times you want to use a different element, which he can't do.

Now, he has a lot of upside too. If a fight lasts more than one round, and he can dps uninterrupted, he does stupidly high damage, and that's before you consider he has 125-200% innate killers for like half the game's races.

I agree with Angel completely when he says Randi is sick on paper, but for the last like 5-7 trials or so in JP there's some mechanic or another that makes Randi just not that good for the specific fight, which is why he's been on the bench.

Some examples:

Alexander -- you have to dispel yourself often, removing Randi's dark imbue
Europa reborn -- you have to use non-elemental damage, which Randi can't do
Al Pherg -- physical in general are bad on this fight (not specific to Randi)
Watcher Welker -- another anti-physical fight (not specific to Randi)

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sadalsuud too. He’s constantly imbuing you and since he goes immune to a used element it’s very awkward since you need to spend 1 turn to get the imbue, pray you don’t have to dispel an imbue from Sadalsuud and then, finally, you get to do a ton of damage.

Randi is probably worth spending 11k for but he’s just so clunky to use.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
SoM is still one of my favorite games. I will try to get him when/if he comes around again. I don't know if I will go for 7*, though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
SoM is still one of my favorite games. I will try to get him when/if he comes around again. I don't know if I will go for 7*, though.

I mean he's completely worthless as a 6*, but as a 7* he's one of the strongest units in the game. Either go for 7* or don't chase him at all.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
If I manage to pull Sephiroth, is his LB worth maxing? The imperil looks good and I don't know of anyone else with that strong of an imperil for dark and light unless someone is coming along soonish.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
His LB is strong, and I'll max it because I have a massive amount of LB pots stored up, but honestly? It's not a priority. I almost never use his LB in JP because it fills very slowly and doesn't chain so the round you spend casting it is a damage loss (as compared to chaining for 4x damage mod with himself + whoever he's chaining with). I don't think the 40% higher imperil for a few turns is worth it unless you're setting up a burst damage round.

Another thing is that having to dispel buffs off of a trial boss is EXTREMELY COMMON every other round on the later JP bosses, so even if you spend a round casting his 100% LB, you end up having to dispel it like a turn later anyway when the boss does their lolbuffs.... again...

I have never mathed it out though, so maybe it actually is worth? Idk, but like I said, I've used it maybe 2-4 times ever in JP on trial fights. His LB is wonderful for story missions or whatever where it's "finish with a LB" missions, but that's easy content anyway.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

fredator

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought 5k pulls were rough after i started tmr farming. 25k tho, i have 5 raslers who need to bleed and die for the team. i heard lila is sick tho.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
My pulls went... better than expected. I'll just leave my pull video here... Don't hate me:

• 1Like

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I had a pretty good run as well. 1 lap. 5 rainbows. In this order... Delita, Aileen, Kunshira, PG Lasswell, and Sephiroth.

• 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They changed the moogles on the Mog King. 5 star specific moogles are 80k now. In addition, you can buy 2 of each kind of moogle.

I've been macroing 5 crowes since I finished farming the last Mog king--I literally needed about 12% more across two of them to get my three thirst of survivals, and this mog king has 10% worth of ToS. lol, my timing is almost never, ever that good.

Grats everyone on your Sephs :) Did like 15 tickets and came up with just 1-2 golds, one the magic tank. Might do more tickets later. Decided I'm not going to lapis or chase super hard, I might do tickets and even do a couple dailies (haven't been doing them anymore, but technically I'm still new enough where I feel they are a good value so meh) but going to keep my lapis until I can do a full run of another step up (Can't quite do a full circuit yet.)

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
The gf ripped another fina, 2 Lilas and got Sephiroth by step 4, lap 1. Do you guys think she should do step 5 at a chance to get a 2nd Sephiroth?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I would for sure. You're eventually going to want that second copy and 50% chance on a pull is the best odds you will get for him.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got nadda from 18 tickets. Gonna save my lapis since I can't do a full lap.