Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Seabreeze.jpg

God damn it. =-/ At least I'm close to the lazy whip for story event missions....Which means I won't get the fourth, lol.

Last edited:

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
So in the category of vaguely jerk moves. I swapped my arena team to a vanille with double high tide Bowie knife / 4 lb regen, and backed her up with a.rain / cecil / m ramza and ayaka with counter items. Meaning she's fully capable of building LB in 1 turn and retaliating with 89% AOE death on defense. Feels like this will snap arena streaks for a bunch of people.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
So in the category of vaguely jerk moves. I swapped my arena team to a vanille with double high tide Bowie knife / 4 lb regen, and backed her up with a.rain / cecil / m ramza and ayaka with counter items. Meaning she's fully capable of building LB in 1 turn and retaliating with 89% AOE death on defense. Feels like this will snap arena streaks for a bunch of people.

GJ Satan

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
For batch 1 I can upgrade Lightning, DK Cecil, Gilgamesh, Olive, The Finas, Ramza and Delita. With that said the only no brainer is Wilhelm. I’ll also do Dark Fina and Cecil but only because I can get their STMRs.

Molten Core Raider
I do not lack options out of the first batch to go 7*, my problem is a lack of cactaurs and gil. I read it takes somewhere upwards of 44mil exp to get a unit to level 120 which is a staggering amount of cactaurs. I think Im gonna shoot for level 110 on anything I up to 7* because that's when they get their last ability.

I'm certainly doing Wilhelm no question to 7*. Im considering two Dark Fina's for chaining but I'm not sure if two 7* Dark Finas can outperform two 6* Trance Terra's.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure if two 7* Dark Finas can outperform two 6* Trance Terra's.

What are you planning to use those Dark Fina's to do? They can't deal thunder damage so they're worthless on Omega (he absorbs everything except thunder). The incoming chamber of arms is a 6* fight, and it is one of the easier 10 man bosses anyway. The espers for this month (Tetra and Diabolos) are both tuned for 6* as well and are also easy. Then next month we get a new batch, with probably way more useful units.

Short answer: Don't waste any resources on Dark Fina.

Molten Core Raider
Good to know. Guess Wilhelm it is and Ill sit tight on the rest of the bunch. I do want Orlandeau's STMR sword so Ill probably pop him up to 7* but not invest anything into him.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Figures I am going camping with no internet access when 7 starts drop. Ill upgrade my Old Man to 7 stars when I get back to civilization.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I pulled my 4th Orlandeau off the recent 5* 10+1 ticket so I'm pretty happy on the STMR announce. Manlandu is gonna be back for one last ride before Hyoh permanently executes him.

GonzytheMage

Good to know. Guess Wilhelm it is and Ill sit tight on the rest of the bunch. I do want Orlandeau's STMR sword so Ill probably pop him up to 7* but not invest anything into him.

Curious if you have a couple mercenary ramza laying around. To me he's better than Wilhelm because of innate immunities, but Gumi could change up his 7* so who knows. I have both 7* Wilhelm and Mercenary Ramza so I'm just going to let the dust settle then make my decision. Its like Sinzar said nothing in the immediate future requires a 7* beefy tank.

Molten Core Raider
Actually I have four Merc Ramza's (only two Wilhelms). I used Wilhelm as my primary tank for so long (before switching over to evade tanks) that upon seeing him in the first batch of 7*s I never really thought anything other than continuing to use him as a 7*. I havent really put much stock in Merc Ramza as I havent used him at the 6* level at all (Im wanting to say his buffs/changes came after I started using mostly evade tanks).

May not need the beefy tank, but they're fun to have. Ill probably have both Wilhelm and Merc Ramza on tap to use eventually. The 50% trust moogle for making a 7* will have me making as many different ones as my gil allows.

GonzytheMage

Actually I have four Merc Ramza's (only two Wilhelms). I used Wilhelm as my primary tank for so long (before switching over to evade tanks) that upon seeing him in the first batch of 7*s I never really thought anything other than continuing to use him as a 7*. I havent really put much stock in Merc Ramza as I havent used him at the 6* level at all (Im wanting to say his buffs/changes came after I started using mostly evade tanks).

May not need the beefy tank, but they're fun to have. Ill probably have both Wilhelm and Merc Ramza on tap to use eventually. The 50% trust moogle for making a 7* will have me making as many different ones as my gil allows.

Reason I asked is if Gumi gives him stop immunity like Alim did then he will be immune to all status effects, charm, and stop which would only leave berserk as the only thing that could slow him down.

I'm just trying to save you some cactuars really. Gumi could take him in another direction at 7* but they laid the ground work for his role as a provoke tank.

Molten Core Raider
Much appreciated. It's starting to feel like most all units in this first batch are just appetizers, a taste of what's to come but nothing that will last most folks for very long.

Ill probably pop as many units as I can afford up to 7* for the moogles and hold off on any leveling, etc. The game is gonna be weird for a bit any way, my friends list will probably be very wonky for a month or so.

GonzytheMage

Much appreciated. It's starting to feel like most all units in this first batch are just appetizers, a taste of what's to come but nothing that will last most folks for very long.

Ill probably pop as many units as I can afford up to 7* for the moogles and hold off on any leveling, etc. The game is gonna be weird for a bit any way, my friends list will probably be very wonky for a month or so.

One last thing. JP eventually got a rewards system for 7* awakening. Basically the more 7* units you awaken you get more rewards with the good stuff being unit of choice tickets. No real way to guarantee GL will get the same system of course.

The best way to get an stmr would be to take two units to 7* then fuse one into the other yielding both the stmr item and the 50% moogle. This also retroactively counted towards total amount of 7* units evolved. So yet again it might be best from a powergaming point of view to either wait and see or be safe and only fuse two 7s together.

Hopefully that makes sense its sorta hard to explain until you see it in action.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I guess I'll do 7* Gregamesh for STMR... not sure I have anyone else on the list worthwhile. DFina I guess with no STMR. :|

Molten Core Raider
I bumped Wilhelm, Dark Fina, and Orlandeau to 7* and stopped with them. I pushed Wilhelm to 110 and only really did Fina and Orlandeau for their STMRs which has made one of my Trance Terra's and Tidus' very happy.

Make sure you arent doing what the doofus people on reddit are by turning all your 5* dupes into prisms, then wondering why you cant make STMRs. Prism is only for making a 7*, not for STMR fodder! There's a nice thread full of salt from people who skipped the tutorial for your reading enjoyment over there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Evolved Wilhelm to 101, but not leveling him until fusion rateup. Even at level 101 he's still significantly better tank than anything else currently in game:
pic.jpg

I'm going to try Omega Weapon (when it releases) with 6* dps, but if I come up short I'll level Orlandeau too. Otherwise I'm saving resources until the next batch, so apologies to my friend list buddies for using a lowly 6* friend still :)

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I upgraded Oldman and put him up with 2x Machine killer. I am close on his TMR so he should get another bump once that is done tonight. With a basic 45% break and no buffs, he does 60% of the bosses health with DR. Pretty happy with that so far.

Edit: forgot about pots and esper. He's at 1354 and doing 75% boss health.

Last edited:

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Pretty happy with the first day of 7 star. Finished grinding out my Orlandeau and he's sitting at 1650 atk in dual wield at lvl 120. Massive upgrade to anything else previously.