Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Molten Core Raider
Work is kinda wild at the moment so I cant spend too much time digging for info (and I trust you guys more than the random info I find on the net), how does this Viktor fella measure up as a 7* tank? I did a round of the step up hoping for an Adam or three and ended up with four Viktors. He worth the investment to level/use after getting to 7* or stick with Wilhelm?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I did not deeply compare their defensive stats because I assume either one is good enough to tank, so what it comes down to is utility.

Wilhelm has single target 60% atk and mag breaks, he has a party 54% mitigation buff on his LB for thresholds, he has cheat death, and AoE cover.
Viktor has a chaining move and AoE 50% breaks to mag/spr and atk/def.

I think Wilhelm's better breaks and better cooldowns are what I would prefer, because I'm not looking for my tank to help with the dps duties and besides the tank is usually busy with other stuff (like refreshing provokes or guarding) and won't have many free turns to help chain anyway. Also Wilhelm has aoe cover, and that's huge.

I'd go with Wilhelm.

• 1Like

Molten Core Raider
Thanks. I'll probably finish leveling Wilhelm to 120 then and gear up for next week (I think?) for when the next 7* batch hits. I'm pretty happy with the 80% def materia though, too bad there's no hp on it.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Speaking of Tanks, I'm preparing for the worst that I won't get a second Bash or Wilhelm, so most likely my UoC ticket will be used on that--since the tank slot is so critical. I'm thinking Basch is the better choice due to versatility of Magic/Phys, and the fact that provoke tanks can be subbed with avoidance units that bring more utility, like Xon ect.

Would you guys grab the second Basch, or Wilhelm?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
That's a tough one... both roles are important. Overall, I'd say Wilhelm is better because he handles provoke and aoe phys cover very well. Basch is still great, but for one thing he's in the last update batch (so like 5 months away at the rate GL is going) and most of the time your magic cover tank can immune all the damage with resists, which works fine at 6*

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
All I know is I nearly have two teams of FFIV characters :) Just can't seem to snag that Dark Knight Cecil being advertised right now... lol

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
That's a tough one... both roles are important. Overall, I'd say Wilhelm is better because he handles provoke and aoe phys cover very well. Basch is still great, but for one thing he's in the last update batch (so like 5 months away at the rate GL is going) and most of the time your magic cover tank can immune all the damage with resists, which works fine at 6*

True, didn't think about the update order. Thanks!

Btw, can anyone put up a lightning geared Tidus? Have off today, going to knock out the new trials tonight.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
True, didn't think about the update order. Thanks!

Btw, can anyone put up a lightning geared Tidus? Have off today, going to knock out the new trials tonight.
Sorry I was busu with family and just saw this. I can put one up if you still need him. I assume machine killer for Omega?

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Sorry I was busu with family and just saw this. I can put one up if you still need him. I assume machine killer for Omega?
Yeah, still need him--no one even had a good lightning up heh. Will be doing it tonight when I get home, most likely, would appreciate it!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Tidus up with lightning GS, 100% fire resist, machine killer x3, and confuse resist. Good luck!

Thanks man. Tried to do it last night, couldn't get you in the list for life of me. Finally did, and realized my game had crashed earlier and it never set the correct helm for my Tidus--so confusion ended my run hah. Think you can leave it up until tonight? Going to do it this afternoon when I get home from work.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Thanks man. Tried to do it last night, couldn't get you in the list for life of me. Finally did, and realized my game had crashed earlier and it never set the correct helm for my Tidus--so confusion ended my run hah. Think you can leave it up until tonight? Going to do it this afternoon when I get home from work.
No prob.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you don't get him with Tiphares unit and want another shot, ping me on discord and I'll set one for you too.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Vindemiatrix is scheduled to release this Thursday (next 10 man battle). Like usual I'll have a more detailed guide and video up on Thursday, but some early pointers:

Swaps between physical and magical immunity every 10% health in phase 1 (above 50% health), you need DPS of both types
Has a threshold every 10% above 50%, and the HP locks for each of them
No more HP locks after the 50% threshold, you can OTK from there if you have the firepower
Other than one AoE physical during the 20% threshold, everything physical is single target, so a provoker + magic cover is the desired setup
All magical damage above 50% is non-elem, all magical damage below 50% is wind (with a -100% wind imperil)
All breaks work, boss is beast + undead hybrid
At 50% and below boss begins using ST death, give your provoker immunity
Uses aoe sleep as an ambush and on thresholds above 50%, uses aoe paralyze on thresholds at and below 50%
AoE dispels you at 50 and 20% thesholds
Always immune to holy, goes immune to fire/ice/thunder/water between 70-80% hp only - dark/wind/earth always works

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Free 5% daily got me CG Lid #1. Pretty cool since I don't have a good breaker yet.

Annoyed that i pulles a Kupipi on the free draw a few days ago and fused her not even thinking about the next MK event. Gonna have to use some tickets for bonus units now to get the 5* Select tickets.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
We're getting Alexander 2* this week too, so here's tips for the 2* battle:

* Resists holy and thunder, weak to dark and water, machine race
* All breaks work, boss will break your teams DEF and SPR
* Puts up 99% mitigation on his first turn and it lasts 5 rounds, so you can't hurt him until turn 7 (after turn 1)
* AoE dispels you every three turns. The dispel can be blocked by manufacted nethecite or Celes.
* Imperils your holy resist by 60%
* Does a ton of holy attacks, most of which can be immuned with 160% holy resistance
* Physical cover tank is helpful

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I still need to tackle Diabolos 3*. Can anyone put up a Barb with M Demon killer for me? She is naturally paralyze immune so glass cannon is fine.