Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yep, as I said, I've gone full F2P. If I continue to have fun, I'll keep going. If 7 stars become a huge impediment with no relief that actively work to hurt the rest of the game, I'll just quit. Already the problem is starting to really show itself. I realized the other day that even if I spent money, like 20-30 every month, I'd still never pull on a limited time banner again...Especially given how banners are still split AND you can still get off-banner rainbows. The amount of resources to get a 7 star of a limited unit at above a 50% rate is just astronomical.
Squall/Rinoa and then Shantotto/DarkLord just proved it... it's hard enough to pull a single 5* base you want, but then to have to pull two for the synergy is fucking dumb.

Molten Core Raider
If they split banner Hyoh, oh my lord the drama will be something epic to behold.

My problem with going F2P is Im too used to spending money on the game to stick with it, I'd have to walk away entirely. Im accustomed to pulling til i get what i want, no way I'd settle for not getting something I really wanted because I didnt have enough hoarded tickets.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
The Hyoh banner "should" follow rhe same formula as the Raegen banner a couple months back. 11k stepup with no guaranteed rainbows and only one on-banner 5*. There will be serious backlash and loss of customers if they deviate from that. I would hope that SquareEnix and Gumi are not that stupid, but they have made some pretty bad decisions in the past. I guess we will find out in a couple of weeks.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for everyone's help with nox. Finally had time to sit down and set it up. Hopefully I will be able to do content while it's still relevant now!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've been at the gil cap for a long time, forced to blow millions at a time buying platinum armor just so I can claim my mail. I've been at 1190 / 1200 units for months with probably 700 of those being miniking cactuars. I currently have 740,000 raid coins I need to spend.

Do we get a fusion rateup so I can finally deal with all my cactuars? Nope
Do we get a new 7* batch so I can evolve some units and dump some gil? Nope

Instead we're getting 2 weeks of chamber of treasures and another raid for even more gil and cactuars

I hate this game sometimes

Molten Core Raider
That's exactly what we needed to go with our half sized 7* batches, six weeks in between them. Gumi seems hell-bent on turning the playerbase against them, I really dont understand it.

Molten Core Raider
Same as leveling any unit, really. Just choose the King Minitaur as the unit you want to enhance and you can select as many cactaurs/minitaurs that you want to feed into it. Max level is 60 for a King Minitaur. Now, optimal fusing is done one cactaur/minitaur at a time to maximize the chances at getting great/amazing results, but not many people have time for that noise.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fuse one king into another king. Then fuse the higher level king into a level 1 king. Keep doing that one at a time, higher level into level 1, until max. This is so that if you get a great or amazing success, you will get more net exp fused into the level 1 king, than if you were fusing level 1 into a higher level king.

Above level 40 or so one amazing success saves about 10 kings worth of exp.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Do the minitaurs/kings "save" xp, or is it X xp per level? What's the sweet spot of XP invested vs XP output?

Molten Core Raider
I personally level a king minitaur to max then go on to the next one. Getting a unit to level 120 takes 10ish max level kings (per a reddit thread, I didnt do math) provided you dont get any greats/amazings. I dont think theres any reason to stop leveling a king before you hit level 60 with it.

On a side note, Sinzar getting a little love over on the FFBE reddit:

r/FFBraveExvius - A little appreciate post for Youtuber/FFBE Player.. Sinzar.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I saw the reddit thread. Haha. Good on ya Sinzar Sinzar you should see a subscriber spike.

So, is anyone planning to pull on the new DQ banner? I would like one of each of the new 4* units for their TMRs since they will be free - assuming I get lucky with the raid gacha moogles.

Molten Core Raider
Ill do the daily pull and that's about it. I still havent farmed up the TMRs for the 4*s from the last DQ event, but I guess I can add them to the queue.

I was trying to decide whether to put up a Dragonlord as my lead for synergy or leave Pissy Shantotto up for another week. I think I read somewhere that the DQ event rewards didnt reset, so I dont imagine it's going to see a lot of activity, especially with so much to farm from the FFXI event

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Hah, that reddit post was amusing. Nice to know people enjoy my videos though, that's why I make them!

I'm full skipping the DQ banner. I already got 2x machine sword and 1x LMS from last banner (missed Orochi, but got 2x Fidel from SO which is the same thing).

The new banner TM's are bleh. The gold TMs are a hammer (who uses hammers?) and a water resist shield (we got 2 for free from the valentines event). The 3* TM is completely worthless even as a freebie.

Estark as a unit is outclassed in a week (thanks Hyoh) and his TMR, while really good for what it does, is too niche. Who actually uses swords besides Tidus and Randi? Tidus isn't good enough at 7* to bother chasing a TMR for him, and Randi is technically better with fixed dice instead of his sword tmr, so it won't even work on him in a BIS build.

All in for Hyoh next week instead.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Figured I'd make the fight more interesting so I took a Shantotto friend (original 3* Shantotto) to the mog trial boss for my dps.

She OTK'ed the boss from 96% on round two, which failed the mission to finish with a LB because yeah, I wasn't expecting that.

I'm glad they're tuning the game for 7* units now. Yep.

• 1Like

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Decided it was time to use my raid coins from Deus Ex raid.
currencystart.jpg

After a lot of clicking....
count.jpg

Got zero tickets from that entire stash, but I did get 35% in all moogles. I wasted something like 12 million gil because I'm at the cap and had to sell about 500 snappers just to clear out room.

Fused about 700 cactuars 80 at a time, so I also wasted millions of exp because gumi refuses to give us fusion rateup that JP gets every single weekend after 7* units were a thing.

Feels bad

Molten Core Raider
I expect, I hope (for Gumi's sake) that we get another 7* batch this week so hopefully that will be an outlet for some of that. I'm the exact opposite, I'm grinding Cactaur Dunes to prepare for the next 7* wave, but that's all under the assumption that we get the units in this batch we were missing in the first. I ended up dropping a few max Kings into Dragonlord and Pissy Shantotto once I bumped them up to 7* so I'm trying to rebuild my stash a bit.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just be aware the deus ex raid banner closes during maintenance wednesday, NOT thursday night like usual. Be sure to use them before wednesday evening.