Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I tried everything the first 2-3 days 1.2 was out before giving up and installing Nox. FFBE just crashes instantly every time I start it in MEmu.

Sinzar Sinzar did you ever have any luck with MEmu or are you still on Nox too?

Rough. My only problem is that it's fairly unstable when running a TM macro, which has never happened to me before. Used to be the only time memu ever crashed for me was in explorations. Should have woken up to a couple completed TMs this morning but the app wouldn't stay up.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have no idea what's going on with Nox. It's like the entire instance is corrupted when I shut it down. Next time I load it all the Google services crash in an endless loop, then I kill it and it all my app data is gone. I do have the latest version.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I've been having a really bad day so I just said fuck it and started to pull. I used my welfare pull and 10 of my 15 tickets. 10th pull was a Rainbow that turned into fucking Chizuru. Did one more pull and got Tilith. Stopped after that.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Amusing that most of us planned to skip this banner, then ended up doing 10+ pulls, myself included.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. I wasn't planning to do any pulls on the banner but yesterday I YOLOed a Seria on the daily. And today I was upset and decided to pull until I got a gold. Instead I got a Rainbow with Chizuru so I said fuck it one more pull to make it an even 10 pulls and out popped a Gold Tilith. There would have been much rage without that Tilith.

Refia is head and shoulders better than Tilith until she gets her upgrade. But we have no idea when that will happen or even if. It sounds like 6 star Tilith is flat out broken with how good she is. On one hand Gumi might not want to give us that power but on the other hand there were a ton of people pulling for her with the "promise" that she's going to be amazing in the future. If I had to guess I would say that we get her upgrade but I'm set either way with a Refia and Dual Cast.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've had decent luck with metal ghosts (~8000 karma when ghosts spawn with a friend elza + my tilith), so I'm almost done with this event. I picked up all the tickets, quartz, 6* mats, cactuars, consumables, screamroots, and both weapons. The only thing left worth buying is the trust moogle and the 2x destroyer materia.

Going to skip the materia I think, because 10% hp, 5% atk, 5% mag probably isn't worth equipping over a 10% mag or 10% atk, and we're getting 10% atk in ~2 weeks.

I think I will farm the moogle, especially since I used 3 recently to finish dualcast, so I'm down to 3 moogles remaining. With 1-2 more ghost spawns, it's worth the energy to farm it. Even if I go the rest of the 35k karma without ghosts, using 2 BF units it's ~500 karma per run, so that's 70 runs, or 910 energy. Bad ratio then, but I doubt I go 70 runs without a single ghost spawn.

It's not half bad exp either per run. I was using a 5 man team with tilith in it, and she's already level 29 or something. Think I'm going to cut it down to the bare minimum to clear it (likely just Cecil + CoD + Tilith w/ friend) so she gets even more xp, or maybe toss in some other units to level too, like my lvl 58 BCLid.

Last edited:

Vorph

I'm now 0 for 37 on 13NRG, 0 for 6 on 8NRG. People were speculating that the BF units increased the spawn rate of metal gods, but I use +375% when I do the 8 and +325% when I do the 13. I stand by my previous assessment, this event fucking sucks. Even at 840-920 karma per run I hate doing it (it turned out that the most efficient group was Lightning+CoD+friend 6* Elza dragging along three 4* BF units who do nothing except cast Attack Song and Imperil from their espers).

And yeah, I really didn't plan to pull on this banner either, but that was before we knew if Elza was any good.

One bit of advice: don't spend down below 10k karma until you're sure you've done your last pull, because if you get lucky on Elza you'll be scrambling to come up with the karma to buy her materia.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Anyone know if the BF people go out of circulation once the event is over? I'm assuming the others haven't (as we have confirmation), but will they stop the BF characters after the event?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've had decent luck with metal ghosts (~8000 karma when ghosts spawn with a friend elza + my tilith), so I'm almost done with this event. I picked up all the tickets, quartz, 6* mats, cactuars, consumables, screamroots, and both weapons. The only thing left worth buying is the trust moogle and the 2x destroyer materia.

Eat shit.

Anyone know if the BF people go out of circulation once the event is over? I'm assuming the others haven't (as we have confirmation), but will they stop the BF characters after the event?

I was under the impression they're limited just like crystal defenders/halloween.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Eat shit.
:emoji_broken_heart::emoji_broken_heart::emoji_broken_heart:

The BF units go away when the banner ends, yes. They will make a return on the next BF event when Tilith gets a 6* upgrade, along with a new BF 5* base unit, Vargas. It's unknown if Elza will also be making a return on that banner, but it's months away anyhow. I'd say the next banner is overall stronger, so it's not worth going all in just for Tilith this week unless you want more BF units for currency farming.

Vorph

Huh, this actually worked:
5xKarma.png

Edit: this worked even better:
5xKarmaMG.png

They do exist!

Damn near lost due to a misclick that caused CoD to hit before Elza debuffed too. Fortunately I got in the habit of having the Karl with Ifrit cast Barfire on CoD just to be safe.

Last edited:

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
Just started this up a few days ago - with the free tickets and such I got an Elza, Arc, Kain, Vaan - so I think I did ok pull wise.

Currently just past Furlan zone. I've read the beginner wiki and intermediate. Any lessons learned / tips you guys have that you wish you had known?

Vorph

I wish I hadn't wasted about two months not macroing TMs. Now I have a massive backlog of them.

I'd seriously consider trying to pull a Refia if you have any tickets left. It's a gamble since she's a 4* but getting more Arcs would be a good consolation prize. If not, just keep doing the story until you get Fina. Get Rain to 5* and work on maxing him even if you think he's useless now; he's a straight upgrade over Vaan in every way once he gets his 6* which should happen sometime around the new year.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The Crystal Tower event ends Thursday night, and it has some great free equipment, especially for a newer player. I'd focus heavily on the experience and awakening vortex for the next 2 days, leveling and awakening your team. Thursday, grab a strong friend and make a push to clear up to at least the Pro version (elite will be out of reach for a new'er account). The hammer reward from Pro is 72 atk, which is great for Vaan or Rain.

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Just started this up a few days ago - with the free tickets and such I got an Elza, Arc, Kain, Vaan - so I think I did ok pull wise.

Currently just past Furlan zone. I've read the beginner wiki and intermediate. Any lessons learned / tips you guys have that you wish you had known?
Personally I might keep pulling if I were you. Elza is awesome, but she's on the banner right now and I'd want more than just her. I set up 3 instances of Memu and rerolled until I got Lightning before this event. Once you get a possible keeper (like yours) you play until you get the last 5 free tickets and see what else you get.

That said, you're fine if you just want to keep playing. Now what you really need to do is find friends that will let you run the current event. You really want to get Elza's materia before the event is over if possible. Damn shame you can't get a BCL to cheese the event.

Give us your friend code so we can give you some help.

Vorph

Yeah, I have my CoD up with Dual Wield right now so post your code and I'll add you. She should be able to solo all but the last stage of each event.

Check the stats to be safe though. If you catch me while I'm doing arena she will usually have 400+ MAG and be equipped with dual rods + Sunbeam. Not ideal for normal content.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
ID: 995,245,010
IGN: Aevry

Just got Ifrit. Have been running coliseum everytime I get orbs and the Vortex for exp. Most of my main team is 30ish. Currently running;

Elza, Kain, Arc, Vaan, Rydia

Vorph

You should change your gift to friend points on the Send Gifts screen. That's the most important thing to get most of the time.

---------------------------

What do the rest of you think about the 10% hp / 5% def+spr material? I skipped the 15% hp event a couple months ago so I guess I should buy them for Cecil. Still torn on whether or not to get the weapons. I'm thinking no on the spear since I have 10 Kains if I really want a couple good spears, but I might regret not buying the sword anytime we have a boss weak to fire.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm skipping the materia, but they are decent buys for a tank. Weapons are absolute buys though. Fighting a boss with a 50% ice weakness for example, on a unit with an average 145 base atk w/ innate 30% passive (most 6* dps), you need a non-elemental weapon to have 144 atk or more to outdamage a 61 atk elemental spear that hits a weakness, which means, nothing in the game now or in the future can ever outperform that spear on an ice weak target. Same story for the 74 atk fire sword, except it's even better.

Summary: Never pass up the chance to grab a decent elemental weapon for situational use.